I'm new to all this and very confused!!

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by portana, Apr 25, 2010.

1. sweetpea64

sweetpea64 Guest

Good Luck Portana,

You've come to a good forum to learn the basics. This forum and the people on it are very helpful.

Just dont do what I did, and go from one forum to the other. You think you're confused now[​IMG]

Just stick with this one cause the people here don't mind helping you. That's why they are here in the first place.

Glad to be back friends. I missed all the love.

Success and Blessings
    sweetpea
  2. portana

portana New Member

Thanks sweetpea, [​IMG]

I have now got 4 articles out there in several websites and 3 blogs.

No sales yet though.

I wonder if my website is not good enough??
  3. willstreete

willstreete New Member

portana

You can't give up on yourself, you have to remember that success is measured in inches and not miles...you may just need to tweak your approach and do thing a little differently.

People purchase things from other people that they know, like and trust...Just like you do when you buy something. Think about it, and put yourself in the customers shoes. Lets face it, I mean they have never heard of you in most cases so they are naturally a little skeptical.

So maybe start by building a relationship with you prospects by showing a little more of yourself (pictures ect.) because again, people buy from other people, not businesses.

You can even try giving away some free reports if you haven't already...there are tons of different websites out there with free eBooks about your niche and you can use some of those to give to your customers. I give them away free to my prospects all the time.

Also you have to make sure that you stand out from your competition because they have thousands of different options to choose from. So start thinking of something that makes you stick out from your competition. I know that videos and training works to build a relationship for me...

You may even want to set up a capture page to capture your prospects and then build a relationship through email and auto-responder. That way you have a list of followers that see you as a leader and someone of value to them.

If you haven't tried these tactics make sure you do. These are just tools that I teach and that work for me. Just keep at it, and you will get that first sale in no time. Believe me your persistence will pay off.

Hopefully this helps, don't hesitate to ask me if you have any questions [​IMG] good luck.

Yours in success,

Steve Streete
  4. drunyan

drunyan New Member

I am fairly new to forums, although I used them a while back with another business I was in. I also used Ezine articles. I had my first article rejected, but wa successful with my second. I have switched companies now and am tryin to learn new ways of marketing form a holistic approach. The company I am in now teaches you step by step what to do to market you business. It takes a little longer to get off the ground, but you really know you business when you are done. My best to you in your new adventures.
  5. portana

portana New Member

Thanks Steve and drunyan,

I am still learning but I have updated my website now. I am planning to start getting into a routine next week on which I have a list of things that I have to do everyday, namely writing and submitting one article a day. I have had 265 visits to my website before I updated it. I am hoping that it will make at least that first sale soon!!

Good luck everyone [​IMG])

Anna
  6. wealthbuilders

wealthbuilders New Member

Anna, you should look into video marketing. You can upload a video to YouTube about an article you just wrote, and direct people to your website afterwards if they are curious on more information on the opportunity, or items you were just discussing. YouTube hits grow everyday and people really crave the personal aspect. They would much rather get to know you, and see and hear you discuss an opportunity or topic then read it online on a static site. They will feel more trust in you this way, then just reading what "Jane Doe" writes about.

In fact I just found this quote from Entrepreneur.com's Marketing Statistics section:
    "Viral video marketing campaigns increase clickthrough rates by 750%." --MarketingExperiments.com, November 2006

And that quote was from 2006!!

Goodluck and God Bless [​IMG]
  7. monique

monique New Member

Hi Anna,

Don't get discourage. Success is a journey not a destination. Enjoy the journey!! Just stay consistent and you will achieve your goals.

Monique
  8. CHECKME

CHECKME New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new here and needs great assistance and tutoring cus i'm even more cofused than i was, After browsing through for a while. Please help me!!
  9. MatoryIncorp

MatoryIncorp New Member

Hi Portana and welcome to the world of affiliate marketing!

I am fairly new to this as well (its only been about 2 weeks), so I can understand the excitement and confusion all at once! I promise it will get better and you will learn more and more each day!

Can't wait to hear more from you!
  10. lejla

lejla New Member

Hi,

When it comes to article marketing, there are few programs out there that teach to write unique article and than to re-write it and to publish unique article at ezine and the second article to all other article directories.

Some even venture to say that just to make one article and to wait until it is approved by ezine and than to submit that very same article to all other article directories.

What are your experience about this? Will this back fire?

Thank You.
  11. shmeeko69

shmeeko69 Member

You have started with the write article marketing company in Ezine, who have the best google page ranking followed by Go Articles

You will get conflicting information & there will be folk try to push their own products & information on to you, but most people on this forum are sound & very helpful.

Keep up your hard work & plant your seeds now, in the hope that they will blossom in the near future.

Mark [​IMG]
  12. lejla

lejla New Member

Thank You

I hope you do not mind one more question related to this. I decided to follow advice and publish all my ezine articles (some 15 of them) on some other 35-50 article directories. But than I got e-book from one of the article directories that said we should be only publishing few articles for if we got many links all suddenly it would hurt our page ranking.

So, I posted only one article to maybe some 12-15 directories confused as to what to do. I really wanted to do since I have few days off and it is really time consuming (doing it manually of course). This was supposed to be test to see if brings in any traffic or if it would improve page rank and based on that I might buy one of those automatic submitters or whatever the name is.

Now the fact is that many of article directories are DNF but still many are not so there would be many links pointing back. I am wondering what are some of your experience when we talk about back link building by submitting articles to different directories. As in my example, it was really tempting to experiment with some 500 articles (If I manage to submit 10 articles to 50 directories) and see what impact if any it would have on traffic and/or page rank.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Regards.
  13. ENSpyrdINC

ENSpyrdINC Guest

portana
    Hang in there! Article marketing is effective, but it takes time to build momentum. Keep at it!
  14. mbasa

mbasa Member

portana
    I know that you can make it work in this business. You seem to be focused already. I am also new in internet marketing but not as focused as you are, but i'll get there.

Good luck with your business.
  15. ksc492

ksc492 New Member

Hello, I'm fairly new to all of this as well! Let me tell you though, if you stick to it and put some work into it you will find out it pays huge dividends. The thing to articles is...you can make them your own...rather you are teaching or explaining something you decide what exactly you put in the article. Also, don't be afraid to look at other peoples' articles to pick up on certain writing styles. Best of luck!
  16. portana

portana New Member

Hi again,

So, I have submitted another article today.

You know what, I think that after all this I will be the ONE finding the perfect formula!! [​IMG]
  17. lejla

lejla New Member

I am also begginer but article marketing seems to be working. I have some 20 articles accepted on e zine and few other directories and while I still do not have a "winner" [​IMG]) and by winner I mean article that is viewed at least by 500 people??”it shows some promising results. My page is already on first page for main key word and at yahoo is even at first position so it definitely pays our to writte.

Now the sales could be better [​IMG]) ..and due the small commission from amazon it is really next to nothing but I plan on keep posting articles for at least few month. Somebody told me that I should have at least 100 articles at e zine (plus few other directories) to see some good results.

So, keep it up.
  18. portana

portana New Member

That's good to hear Leijla,

I find the keyword thing all very confusing. I think I have to spend more time on that.

Thanks
  19. Data1

Data1 New Member

I clicked thru to your website. Good you have the lead capture box along with autoresponder. Are you progamming it to send messages regularly? You should send miminum of 7 msgs. People rarely buy on first time. One major error. A lead capture page or squeeze page should only have one purpose. Capture that name and email. Get rid of those 3 other sites at bottom. Get their email, then send them to those sites. I clicked on one of those 3, and never left my name or email. The whole purpose is to build a list. In the future, you may have other weight loss products to sell, and you will have a ready made list. Other wise, a great site. Bill
  20. newaaff

newaaff New Member

Anna! its quite natural but you shouldn't be jumping into the conclusions. Just put your efforts and have patience. It takes efforts plus time to get the required result online. During that you can learn new things online to make your skills better.