Im new to MLM and could use some help.

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by JHampton83, Sep 28, 2015.

1. JHampton83

JHampton83 New Member

I have recently join a wonderful company called Kyani. With the background that I have in sells I was scared to dive into this. Because I have never done anything like this before, all I have ever done was sell cars. So my first approach to this was to be aggressive as I was trained to be in the car sells industry. Im looking for any tips that I could get to help grow my business. Ive read a few books most recent one was called GO PRO and it helped but Im not seeing any more prospects and Ive done everything the book said. Im kinda discouraged by it all and would love some help. Thank you and god bless to anyone that can help me. Thanks!

payment proof likes this.
  2. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Welcome to the forum,

It is never easy to get started, and the old car sales tactics may not be the most well advised sales approach when it comes to most products. Just ask anyone what they hate most when it comes to sales, and auto sales will top the list for most. Hard sell isn't well received by most is all I am saying. I use to sell cars too years ago, but I used my own strategy which I called soft push away sales. Funny as it sounds, I proved what I already knew, no one like to be hard sold, so much to my sales managers advice to tie everyone up, throw their trade car keys on the roof of building, etc., I would usher people to the door and tell them to think about it, don't make any snap or pressured decisions on the spot, always think it out, talk to the spouse, if applicable, etc. In most cases, people immediately at ease as they never expected to be handled honestly. I was top sales person and had highest gross profits and customer satisfaction ratings, so high Mercedes Benz who I worked for wanted me to become sales training manager for region. So the lesson I learned was to present your product knowledge, honesty, integrity and soft sell them into their comfort zone. Works for all sales as I found out over the years.

Perfect example, I was up next, and a customer was looking at a used Mercedes on front line. I remember it like yesterday, I was pushed out the door to attack my manager, so I did, and I pointed out that that car had been in an accident, so I showed him what to look for when shopping for a used car. So as I was doing the walk around, my manager commented, great job, little did he know what I was pointing out, the three shades of metallic gold paint, the door jam over spray, etc. I educated my customer, and although he didn't buy that day, he turned out to be head surgeon at local hospital and he couldn't stop telling all who would listen that he met an honest car salesman. Over the next few weeks I had customers come in and line up on a Saturday sitting in waiting areas for up to an hour who only wanted to have me help them. I was new kid at dealer, and you know the old salts who thought they owned everyone who walked in door, and some of the doctors were their previous customers and still wanted me to help them. So their is the lesson of the day about hard sell verses soft sell.

Success to all,

3. jeffreysloe

jeffreysloe Member

I've always been one to educate my customers and adhered to the soft sell. That was my approach for the 21 years of owning a car and truck repair business. I may not have gotten the repair job every time, but many of my returning customers appreciated my honesty. Many returned the next time, and the next time, their vehicle needed to be repaired. Great story!

YAGOOFT likes this.
  4. JHampton83

JHampton83 New Member

So far being with Kyani for a month now I have got 4 sign ups which isnt great. But alot better than I thought I would do. But now that I have seen reults with my product I find it so much easier to close the deal. People are seeing the results in me which in return is helping me get more prospects. But im always honest and people can see the integrity in me. Thank you guys both for the advice!

YAGOOFT likes this.
  5. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Sorry I know you are asking for help with MLM but I have had experience in MLM myself and wasn't a fan of the direct sales approach at all. I now do internet marketing which is a lot simpler and less discouraging! If things don't work out with Kyani maybe internet marketing could be the next thing you try :)

6. David J Horne

David J Horne New Member

The method that works great for Network Marketer - Attraction Marketing.

We all see things that we want and we are normally drawn to them. When done correctly, you won't have to approach people, they approach you.

Here is how I would get started... A blog, Facebook page or my favourite Instagram. You want to show people what your MLM company gives you. If you are able to travel, eat out, new car, additional income - show people. They will want the same as you and ask you how to do it!

This is a method that is used by all the top earners, which I could show you.

Anyway.... post about you and your lifestyle not your business. Watch what happens.

If you have any further questions, or want more clarification - get in touch.

All the best

DavidjHorne

7. KayW

KayW New Member

I've done MLM and it's a whole new animal when it comes to sales. Its totally different than a regular sales position.
    Usually with regular sales, the people come to you, they come to you at the store, shop etc looking for the product so you have a direct connection and they are looking to you to help them make a decision.

With MLM, no one is coming to you looking for the opportunity or the product you have. So this is where your approach to sales have to change. Since you have to go find these people you have to make it a casual event and get into that persons world and then offer your MLM (whether it is the business or product) to them to help them solve a need that you have uncovered. So If you are prospecting for clients, the trick is to get them to open up by asking leading questions (not you telling them what you have). Ask them leading questions that will uncover if they have a need for what you have if they do then you can position the MLM as the possible solution.

So basically you make a friend, then follow up with them over time and introduce your MLM.
    I've seen one person in my group use this script and it's effective for him because he's dedicated
    to the opp. He says to people he has a relationship with (he's a people person mind you)
    "I have an opportunity for you. If you like it you like it. If you don't you don't. Watch this video. and
    here's the website link" He says it with a straight face so it's just powerful when he does it.

Develop your own voice with what you want to convey or how you want to do it. You can do it
    softly as in the building friends method then introduce them, or you can do it bold by using a script
    and prospecting you come in contact with daily (who you may never see again)
    Search for MLM script online. I've used Dani Johnson scripts (but quickly realize that was not my thing)

But keep in mind there's other ways to market your MLM like mailing flyers and postcards or online marketing. These two would require creating a marketing message in print because most of your communication would be done
    where someone has to read something.

Your product focuses on health, if you have a powerful testimony you can lead with that and
    target people who have issues that one of the products would help.

MLM is a great model as you know, but what I've found is you have to do MLM the way you want to
    so if it's by using world of mouth then I think getting a script or template to use on anyone you meet would be a great way to go. But if this process is wearing on your nerves then look into postcard/flyer marketing or online marketing techniques to insulate yourself from a big of the rejection until you get a foo-hold of your approach.

Good luck!
    Kay

8. Shounenbat

Shounenbat New Member

GO PRO is a great book, and I'm glad you've got it. Honestly, when you first start out, it's going to seem awkward and discomforting. That's just how it is, especially if you don't have a great mentor or sponsor. Here's what I'd do:

1. Think about your strengths and weaknesses. What do are you good at, and what do you enjoy? What are your weak areas, and how can you overcome them? One thing that took me forever to overcome was fear of the phone. I hated calling people, and I still do, but after forcing myself to do it, I managed to at least come to the point where it's not the big deal it used to be.

2. Try different approaches. For some people, building a team online through attraction marketing is how they do it. Others build rapport with people they either meet in real life or through social media, and that's how they build their teams. It's different for everyone, so just do a few different things and see what you like doing best. When you've found a way that you like, work on getting good at it. You want at least one skill that you can totally master!

3. Make sure you keep it simple so that your team can duplicate your results.

For reading, I also suggest "Beach Money" and just about anything by Tom "Big Al" Schreiter. Not that I'm biased...