I'm new to MLM and needing some advise

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Eric Murray, Dec 20, 2015.

1. Matt_Hopkins

Matt_Hopkins New Member

Hello, everyone! I'm also new on this forum and starting my journey with network marketing. I was wondering, what do you guys search in NM companies? What is important?

Waiting for your opinion!

2. yourplanb

yourplanb New Member

Hey Matt,
    Personally, I like a low start up cost, a comp plan you dont have to jump through a ton of hoops to qualify for commissions, something noone can get hurt doing. Proven track record. There are a lot of "shiny new pennies" out there, but will they be here down the road?
    After all, you are attaching your name to what ever you choose. I would rather have a solid, stable company I know that will be around than the hottest greatest thing out. There are no "systems", no magic formula, or spillover that can replace just plain old hard work and consistancy. It won't happen over night. But it WILL happen if you just stay in the game.

Matt_Hopkins and payment proof like this.
  3. Ray Cruise

Ray Cruise New Member

Hi Matt

Just following on from the last post, I agree fully with that.

I think when it comes to choosing a NM company, there are a number of things to take into consideration:

a) The Products, could you be passionate about them, would you be willing to put effort into learning about them
    b) The Products, aswell as being passionate about them, is there a potential market place for them and what is the balance between your passion for them and your willingness to be flexible

eg - Passionate about a Product but no Marketplace
    eg - Not Passionate about a Product but huge Marketplace
    eg - Passionate about a Product and a Marketplace

These are things to take into consideration

c) How much support and how competent is your upline - eg are they good enough and willing/able to help you, do they want to help you OR are you just a stat to help them progress in the MLM - last thing you want is to join an MLM with an upline and they don't support you

d) The compensation plan - is it one of the better ones, eg, if you don't make sales/recruit, will you be demoted? you don't want a plan like this

e) Are they a good company in the industry? (there is not such thing as one that wont have disgruntled reviews, however research them regardless)

f) Being a new company isn't always a bad thing, being an old company isn't always a good thing and vice versa.

Hopefully they will help you with making a decision mate.

By all means ask any more questions :)

Matt_Hopkins likes this.
  4. Mike Gowans

Mike Gowans New Member

You've received some great replies, some great points.

Have you thought about finding something "evergreen?"

One thing you always see when you walk into any department store is beauty right in the front.

For instance, regardless of the economy people will care about how they look. They will care about how anti-aging.

What's the first thing you see when you walk into dillards, macy's, or nordstrums? Beauty section.

Not health. Not clothes.

Beauty products.

Find something that will never go out of style and that runs out each month.

Stay away from a binary if you can...unless you like having to hustle like a dogg each and every month.

Find something will a good residual income plan. Find something with a good system and good exposure tools and that pays weekly and monthly.

It's not always about the love for the products...You'd take a million dollars a year off of toothpicks if it made sense right?

Ok well we all know the answer to that...

So focus on system, tools, pay schedule, stickiness and evergreen-ness.

Matt_Hopkins likes this.
  5. Matt_Hopkins

Matt_Hopkins New Member

Wow, thank you all for a great help! I'm more of a technology freak, so I'm looking for some place, where I could combine my passion with work.

But what @Mike Gowans said is also true. I guess, I'll have a lot to think about :)

Once again, big thanks to all of you for your help! I'm gonna definitely come here more often (y)