I'm stuck need some advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Casper, Apr 18, 2010.

1. JHandy New Member

The biggest thing for me was I had to get out the mindset of "I'm spending x amount of dollars per month and realize that I was running a real business that could potentially pay me huge amounts of money.

When i got that picture, the light bulb went off for me and things have never been the same. Just think about it, if you can run a business from home for under $500 per month, including advertising, you're way ahead of the game.

You have the luxury of using your home as your hub, hence no overhead for that which most people would be spending close to $1000 per mo just for rental and then throw the other expenses on top of that. We are so fortunate to work from home and don't even realize it until you have to try to open something up outside your home.

Point being, you really got it made and don't know it. It just a matter of figuring out how to bring in profits while you build your business and let them help you scale your business up over time.
  2. Casper New Member

happywife: Is travel something that YOU enjoy? It's a good concept, but you'd really need to target a very specific niche in travel. I don't know if Baby Boomer travel would be nichie enough or not.
    I love travel because you can target so many demographics such as budget travellers, Baby Boomers & those who like adventure travel.
  3. happywife Gold Member

Casper: I love travel because you can target so many demographics such as budget travellers, Baby Boomers & those who like adventure travel.

You CAN target multiple demographics, Casper, but the question is can you do it successfully.

Travel is a VERY competitive niche and if you want to try to tackle it in a broad way as you are suggesting, you would need very deep pockets for advertising (which you acknowledged you don't). Or, you would need to plan for a very long campaign of work before profits.

However, if you target only a narrower portion of that broader niche, like "adventure travel," or even more specifically "adventure travel in Australia & New Zealand," or some such thing, you would have a much better chance breaking into a corner of the market with much less investment.

Blessings,
    Angie
  4. adillion New Member

Hello
    i think using the internet for income is a positive great idea as mentioned,but it requires some time before seeing the real outcome .so there is a need to find some job or some activity beside the internet things. don't you think so?
  5. anthony2313 New Member

If i was you go with affiliate marketing.
    hundreds of different products you can promote and
    you don;t have to worry about monthly fees
  6. LukeM New Member

Casper

Hey Casper yeh i know what you mean about trying to find a good online business where they dont charge too much monthly fees, and make it hard to make money asap.. Alot of them dont have products that people are in need of or products that people all ways want..

They just make it so hard to really get some money coming asap, so by the time all your monthly costs and advertsing you just cant afford to keep going.

Alot of them promise the world but never live up to it.

There are great business's out there you just have to find the right one that is easy and has great products, so people want to come to your business.

Good Luck
    Luke M

[Link removed - Admin]
  7. jeffreysloe New Member

Casper: I love travel because you can target so many demographics such as budget travellers, Baby Boomers & those who like adventure travel.
    Casper,

I agree with Angie, find a smaller niche and focus on it. You don't want too large of a market, especially starting out. You can always expand your market once your get yourself established.

Jeff
  8. Richertalk New Member

Hi Casper

An idea would be to start by looking for a business with products or services you're interested in. It's no use looking for a business just because it looks like a winner if you're not willing to invest your time and money into making it work. Be positive and look at the upside: what will a new business do for you and your family?

Take a close look at your strengths and skills (if you're not sure what they are, ask someone close), make a list and you will find a picture developing of where you're likely to be happiest.

You mentioned you're not interested in personal development or internet marketing, but guess where most of your potential prospects are doing their research? And in order to be of service, we need to get better at what we do and what we offer, so we can better understand our customers.

Just think, you're worth more today than you were say 10 years ago because you're more valuable because of the skills you've learned and applied. The market knows value.

Remember also that nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else (there's no point selling diet cookies for example if you're not interested in diet cookies!).

Fire your passion and you will find the resources necessary to make progress and enjoy the kind of success you deserve. It helps to have a destination before you start and that decision rests with you and you alone.

There is no free ride in life as you know, but it helps if you enjoy what you're doing. Research a market you're interested in:

- Join in a discussion like this forum
    - Find out what your potential customers are looking for
    - What are their problems?
    - How can you help and be of service?
    - What are people looking for? (you can do all this online for free).

Just go to Google and type in 'Blog+topic you're interested in' and see what comes up.

Identify your prospects through your interests, match a business to their needs and everyone wins.

Let me know how you get on with your research. Good luck.

All the best
    Richard
  9. yasser New Member

Casper: Hey everyone I'm trying to replace a home business which I had but decided to get out of because I was not making a profit & the monthly fees were kind of killing me, I was hoping people on here would be able to point me in the right direction on a business which has a yearly fee only. I would like to make it clear that I'm only looking for a business which has a product that people actually want & things like personal development & Internet marketing are not what I'm looking for.
    have you tried selling on ebay. starting fees is low and final value fees are paid when your item sells.
  10. ksc492 New Member

I understand you aren't looking for internet marketing...I promote a product that is for people trying to get into making money online...rather ironic. It is $27/month and you can make alot of money...I'm making $250/day and have been at it for roughly a month and a half. It really helps me out though and eventually I plan on making it my full-time job when I get out on the military. Best of all...everything on the site is backed one hundred percent. I hope this kind of helps you out!!! Any questions let me know.
  11. Flipper New Member

Just a quick suggestion have you ever looked into dropshipping if it's a product you want to sell. Find a niche you like or enjoy working with source out the companies. Agree on a price reduction of usally between 15%-35% per product.

Go onto Ebay sell away on there once a customer has brought and paid you for the item buy it from the company you sourced at the reduced price you keep the profit.

I would also ask the company if you can use there pictures and descriptions (most say yes because you are selling there products). Also see if they will ship it for you so you have no invertory no hassle again most will.

With this idea there are no start up costs no monthly fees ( only when and if you decide you are selling a lot of items you open a ebay shop) you won't have any monthly fees.

This has been only one of the ways i bring money in and with ebay setting up in so many more countries i set up my business in there countries too. So where ever Ebay go i follow making me more sales and more money.

Ebay also allows me to advertise my affiliate marketing websites through my Ebay profile so bringing free traffic to my site from all round the world. Win Win.