Importance of Social Meida in SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by Tech Maish, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Tech Maish New Member

Social Media plays a very important and vital role in Search Engine Optimization.

What is your opinion about this statement.
  2. estellaeffects New Member

Social Media is not SEO but yes it can create a lot of link juice.
  3. singko New Member

Yes I agree because without the social media you cannot create backlinks form your site and it can generate traffic.
  4. ZriiProsper New Member

I haven't seen many back links made from tweeting though. Have you all?
  5. paulsmith New Member

Social Media helps your site to be known by people with the same interest as yours. By inviting friends of same interest, your site will have a higher chance of being known to the public.
  6. robinincarolina Silver Member

I assume facebook is social media correct? Facebook has done wonders for me and not by creating adds, just by posting, participating, building relationships and trust. I mostly use it for fun but a few times a week I will post a link to an article, lens or blog and the hits come as well as sales.

My friends grow every day and are now from all over the world. I post comments related to my niche which happens to interest both men and women and the posts just fill up my wall.

So no it has nothing to do with seo to the best of my knowledge, but it can impact your business. It has also impacted my life by all the wonderful people I meet.
  7. shmeeko69 Member

I personally don't do the Facebook, Bebo & Twitter thing, as you get bogged down with silly things, although I do get involved in social bookmarking & can see from my google analytics that, It creates new visitors, but it's quite far down the list of my main daily priority things to do list.

Mark [IMG]
  8. fixaprob New Member

Social media marketing is become a very good option to build website traffic and inbound links. Link-baiting, Digg-baiting, and submitting your site to social bookmarking sites has both short term and long term value. social media marketing often gets criticized because its effects are sometimes only short-lived. Some common complaints about social media marketing are that it drives worthless traffic and none of the inbound links point to the homepage
  9. Justine New Member

It may be a surprise for you but Facebook and Twitter do influence SEO [IMG] Danny Sullivan has recently asked Google and Bing some questions about it and what they replied is really revolutionary.

1. Google & Bing analyze whom you follow on Twitter and who follows you and depending on their authority add extra value to the shared links.
    2. Bing wrote that if a link is shared both on Twitter and Facebook, it gives extra juice to it.
    3. It matters both for Google and Bing how many times a blog post or article was shared in these social media and by how many people. They pay attention to that in relation to SERP's calculations.
    4. Both search engines track the links shared on Facebook with attribute for "everyone" .

Interesting, isn't it [IMG]
  10. syxx New Member

Social Media is key today especially with how heavily bing will be weighting it in the future... i would believe google will as well. It's nice that you can integrate many of them together such as facebook and twitter. Blogging and link building is still very important too, however!
  11. jamess Member

Yes, you are right that social media plays a vital role to rank well and for brand promotion. But first you have to concentrate on content that is very important thing in SEO...