Improved signature!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Vishal P. Rao, Aug 17, 2007.

1. towmmy47

towmmy47 New Member

hi all. dont know if i did this rightbut trying to get a signature

2. brt

brt New Member

Vishal- Is there a way, such as the onMouseOver= html code, to modify what is diplayed on the status bar?

Thanks!

3. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

brt: Vishal- Is there a way, such as the onMouseOver= html code, to modify what is diplayed on the status bar?

There are quite a few articles on the Net specifying the following code to modify the text in the status bar text:

onMouseOver="window.status='Read My Article!'

However, it doesn't seem to work either in FF or IE. May be somebody well versed with Javascript can help you with this.

4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

brt,

You wouldn't want to hide or alter the appearance of your sig code as it appears to members in the status bar. That isn't above board. Do you like it when it happens to you?

~Newbie Shield~

5. feltonhartleyjr

feltonhartleyjr New Member

Wow, that sounds pretty interesting. I myself have been trying to get my hand in the internet business and technology. Its been pretty successful so far. I always wanted to be able to retire and sit at home and still make money while I wait for my grandkids to come home from school. I believe I have found.

6. Brenda

Brenda New Member

Thany you, I checked my sig. and found the flaw. It works now and thanks again.

7. mmoody

mmoody New Member

Hi Vishal,

Why does my url in my sig appear gray when others are blue?

8. happywife

happywife Gold Member

mmoody: Why does my url in my sig appear gray when others are blue?

The links in the forum turn gray after you have clicked on them. If you've clicked on your own link to test it, that's why it is now gray. [​IMG]

9. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Either that or her sig is just getting older :)

~Newbie Shield~

10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

No, that's my hair you are referring to. Shhh. Don't tell. [​IMG]

11. esthie32

esthie32 New Member

hello admin, i cant make my signature clickable and i've try update it many times but i fail can u fix it? thanks for helping me out.

12. Phil Stones

Phil Stones New Member

My signature is quite faint - how can I make it more bold?

13. Vishal P. Rao

Phil Stones: My signature is quite faint - how can I make it more bold?

Signature can't be made bold.

14. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Phil Stones: My signature is quite faint - how can I make it more bold?

Your sig is bold on my computer. Sometimes what happens is that once you have clicked on a sig, it lightens so that could be what happened as it looks fine to me.[​IMG]

15. Kim Bowen

Kim Bowen New Member

Hey MountainMama, I'm brand new here and I see you have created some GREAT articles. WOW! I'll post on those in a bit.
    I'm thinking you are an amazing marketer.
    BECAUSE I'm new here I just read the terms to set up and it said no website URLs in the signature line, but I'm seeing them around.
    Did I read that wrong? I noticed that you have your articles posted in your signature line so I thought maybe you read the same thing. LOL I don't want to break any rules. [​IMG]
    Thanks in advance for your response.

16. Vishal P. Rao

Kim Bowen: BECAUSE I'm new here I just read the terms to set up and it said no website URLs in the signature line, but I'm seeing them around.

Please read the terms carefully. It says:

No self-promotional posts, affiliate links, personal website links, taglines. The only way to promote your business is through your signature, which can be edited through the "Profile" page.

17. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Vishal is right - You can have any of your websites, either self-replicating or your own in your SIG line but not in your actual post.

Vishal has done an awesome job of keeping this forum one of the most educational and friendly ones that is to be found on the 'net.

I have had some links removed and posts edited by admin over the past two years... because sometimes I just plumb had my brain somewhere else when I was posting and I honestly don't mind that as that is what keeps this place what it is.[​IMG]

We will see you around and Welcome BTW, Kim[​IMG]

18. Kim Bowen

Kim Bowen New Member

Thanks to both of you for answering!

19. robertgallagher

robertgallagher New Member

thanks friend can i this is my first post in this forum friend.

20. charlie

charlie New Member

how do i know that my sig file is working is there a way of testing it