Inactive Referrals

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by freebird658, Jul 3, 2008.

1. freebird658

freebird658 New Member

I have 10 "referrals" who joined ASD through my affiliate link and most of them hasn't even accessed their account! Of the 2 or 3 that did access it only did so once but hasn't since. Most of them are from India and a few other overseas countries.
    Why do people sign up for something but never bother to find out what they signed up for? I even sent a welcome email to all of them and offered my assistance in any questions they may have...but not one response back. I just don't get why people do this.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well?
  2. marperrr

marperrr New Member

Most wont do anything. So you need to recruit massively. We have over 700 downline on one of our businesses and only around 10% do anything at all....some invested thousands and didnt even make it through their first week of training.
    We are not part of Amway/Quixstar but here is a quote from one of their top folks during an interview sometime back and it makes perfect sense.....heres part of the interview.

During the last minute of the show, Mr. Britt was interviewed in front of his palatial home. He was asked, "Mr. Britt, this business has obviously worked for you. What's your secret?"

He replied, "There is no secret. I simply showed the plan to 1200 people. 900 said, 'No.' and only 300 signed up. Out of those 300, only 85 did anything at all. Out of those 85 only 35 were serious, and out of those 35, 11 made me a millionaire."

So the key, my friend, is to focus on signing as many people as you can and spend your time helping those who want help and not with the ones who wont do anything.
  3. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Hi there

Yup, such is life on the internet marketing scene!!

They often call it the 80/20 rule - if 100 sign up - 80% do nothing and 20% maybe do become active. If you are doing better than this - that is good.

Having said that - do you help your new people with a letter of welcome and some instructions to get themselves started, etc etc

I always do that and try to introduce myself to the new people and see if they need any help. Then I keep my team informed of changes and events. And sometimes have to help them sort out issues that they are have difficulty resolving themselves.

Some people need more help than others - but that is part of sponsoring referrals. You start a home business.

Dont forget this is not a "passive income" programme - WE have to something to earn our money - even though it is not that complicated.

Hope this helps
    Jenny
  4. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Right now about 30% of my signs up are active. I guess that is a pretty good number judging from what the rest are saying. My opinion is either they "get it" or they don't.

When I get a sign up, I send them a welcome e-mail, my phone number and give them a few assignments. I tell them to get in touch with me if they need any help at all. I have gotten phone calls and e-mails from the ones that are interested.

A lot of people sign up for lots of things on different websites without really taking the time to check things out. So if they are not reading their e-mails and really don't take a look at the website very closely they will not really understand what it is about and will totally miss the boat.

Becky West
  5. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Well Becky

You know the saying

"You can take a horse to water, but you cant make him drink"

You will be surprised how an inactive member can suddenly start surfing out of the blue after months of doing nothing.

Dont worry about it - just move on and introduce it to more people who you think it might interest.

Jenny