Income seldom Exceeds Personal Development

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by rohini, Jun 17, 2008.

1. rohini

rohini New Member

Many people think that money makes the world go round.But for most wealthy people money isn't the number one thing in their lives....Because after having that wealth they have realised one thing that money does'nt solve all the problems of life....Money can always go away but what's more important is the person you have become in the process of becoming millionaire....Making the million dollar takes personal growth to get there....Income seldom exceeds personal development is so true...If you want to make the million dollar you have to grow personally to the point where you are a million dollar person....Have to love what you have become ,not love the money....Whoever loves money,never has money enough.... Is'nt it true ...I did think likewise until I read this book named
    TWELVE PILLARS...I t really made me think!...
  2. Seth

Seth New Member

Everyone needs money for living ....

But for me the LOVE FOR MONEY is the root of all evil or let say MOST.
  3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Money only makes us more of who we are already - if we are kind and giving, we will be still more generous and giving.... if we are a stingy jerk - lots of money will make us a BIGGER stingy jerk....[​IMG]
  4. westfam11

westfam11 Member

mountainmom5,

I couldn't agree more. So many people think that if they have money that is when they will change for the better. Change begins on the inside, you have to want to be better, and in my case, I believe with God's help.

Becky West
  5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

After a certain stage, the money you earn does not matter, enjoying what you do is important
  6. rcarney6

rcarney6 New Member

I've often heard it said, "Find something you love to do, and then get someone to pay you to do it." It does seem that most things dealing with employment or opportunities do encourage a person to examine his or her own skills, things they can do well, and what they have a passion for. Even going to the unemployment office often results in such self-examination.

I think the key is balance income potential with satisfaction fulfillment.
  7. successful2008

successful2008 New Member

While you all have a good point, we are missing one important point, without money we can't eat, put cloths on our backs, a roof over our head, gas to put in our cars to get to and from a job to make money. Money does control us. If you were to ask the simple question of "would you rather be poor or a millionaire", most, if not all would say a millionaire. Is life easier when you have money to pay bills? Sure. Less stress. But, you can create more stress if the money goes to your head. When you're making the money, you still need to be grounded.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  8. rcarney6

rcarney6 New Member

I think we are actually agreeing. The last two sentences of your comment are what we are emphasizing. Certanly, we all do have to have money to survive. Like you said, it can be stressful when it goes to your head, or like I'm saying, it gets stressful when trying to get it gets out of balance.
  9. successful2008

successful2008 New Member

Thank you for the reply. Yes, we do agree on this topic. When you have zero money, it's stressful, when you have tons of money, it still can be very stressful. No matter what the issue is, we still need to focus & be grounded.

To your massive success,
    Michelle
  10. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Money is not the most important thing in the world, but without money you can't survive.

As long as you are content with what you are now. Personal development is more important.

Currently, i am taking a personal development course online. I find it is very interesting and it really make sense to me. I learned a lot from the course.