Inspirational Quotes

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by screamingeagle, Mar 19, 2007.

1. screamingeagle New Member

Commitment:

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is an elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans; that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves, too.

All sorts of things occur to help one that would never have otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favor all manner of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance, which no man/woman could have dreamed would have come his/her way.

Are you in earnest? Then, seek this very minute. Whatever you do, or dream you can; begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Only engage and the mind grows heated; begin and the task will be completed." - - Charles Murray
  2. roger New Member

That's stepping up to the plate, nice going Robert!

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - - Dr. Martin Luther King
  3. screamingeagle New Member

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race"
  4. jlDunn New Member

Fear is the main enemy of happiness....what are you afraid of?
  5. CarolinaConsign New Member

"Don't push your way to the front; don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead.
    Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand." -- Paul to the Saints at Philippi
    Philippians 2:3-4; the Message
  6. matiasmommy New Member

"Whatever It Takes" mantra by Darren Hardy, as per your request on Wed. night's CSG-U Event with Erica Combs. The recording is posted in your CSG-U Library at:
    www.CSG-University.com
    (or click on the CSG-U icon >> )

Whatever It Takes - by Darren Hardy

I am committed to doing Whatever It Takes.
    The die has been cast.
    I've stepped over the line.
    I am out of the comfort zone.
    The decision has been made.
    I won't look back, let up, slow down,
    or back away.
    I am finished and done with low-living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, chincy giving, and dwarfed goals.
    I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured-away, turned back, diluted, or delayed.
    I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
    I have committed to doing?
    Whatever It Takes!!

I love this one.. Bob used it in his ADDP training recording. I have had it written above my desk ever since.

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  7. screamingeagle New Member

The Law of Belief (Excerpt from Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by Brian Tracy)

"If you absolutely believe that you are destined to be a great success, and you hold to this belief no matter what happens, then there is nothing in the world that can stop you from becoming that great success.

If you absolutely believe that you are a good person with tremendous abilities and that you are going to do remarkable things with your life, that belief will express itself through all of your actions and will eventually become your reality. The biggest responsibilty you have to yourself is to change your beliefs on the inside so that they are consistent with the realities you wish to enjoy on the outside."

The Law of Expectations (Excerpt from Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by Brian Tracy):

"What ever you expect, with confidence, becomes your own self-fulfilling prophecy."

The Law of Attraction (Excerpt from Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life by Brian Tracy):

"The more you think about something you want, the more excited you will become about achieving it. The more excited or convinced you become, the more you will attract that goal into your life, like a magnet attracts iron filings. Your thoughts will create a force field of energy that will attract the people, circumstances, ideas, opportunities, and resources that you need to achieve your goals. When you change your thinking about yourself and your possibilities, you will attract into your life the forces necessary to turn those big thoughts and ideas into real-life experiences."
  8. roger New Member

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody" -- Bill Cosby
  9. matiasmommy New Member

To keep my health! To do my work! To love, to live! To see to it! I gain and grow and give and give! Never to look behind me for an hour! Never to wait in weakness nor to brag in power! Always working, searching for more truth, more light! Always writing, teaching what I found good and right! Robbed-starved-beaten-blinded, wide astray! Back with the full-truth I've gained, back to the way: Smile, help teach the whole human race, The Moral ABC of All-One-God-Faith, Lightning- like strong and we're All-One! ALL-ONE!

Dr. Emmanuel Bronner

Written in1947, after watching his father, mother and wife murdered in a concentration camp and nearly loosing his own life and being left blinded from torture.

What should have broken and jaded him made him more determined and loving. This man went on to found an environmentally and socially responsible company that is still highly ethical and prosperous today.

Cheers all!

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  10. screamingeagle New Member

11. tomcha New Member

For those of us who suffered through some of life's blows...

"...suffering is an exercise in compassion."
  12. jlDunn New Member

"Don't waste time placing blame....Fix the Problem!"
  13. homeofficewiz New Member

PROFITS ARE BETTER THAN WAGES...
  14. homeofficewiz New Member

REAL SUCCESS IS SUCCESS WITH SELF. IT IS KNOWING IN WHAT YOU WANT TO HAVE IN LIFE BUT IN HAVING MASTERY AND HAVING VICTORY OVER YOURSELF
  15. homeofficewiz New Member

"Discipline yourself to do the things you need to do
    when you need to do them, and the day will come
    when you will be able to do the things you want to do
    when you want to do them."

By Zig Zigler
  16. homeofficewiz New Member

"Too many people spend more time planning how
    to get the job than on how to become
    productive and successful in that job."

by Zig Zigler
  17. matiasmommy New Member

"Unless a man undertakes more than he possibly can do, he will never do all that he can."

Henry Drummond (1851-1897)
    Scottish theologist and scientist
  18. roger New Member

Hi homeofficewiz,
    Thank you for your great quotes!
    To let you know we have an unwritten rule (actually it's written in another post), only one inspirational post per person, per day. Thanks!

[IMG]

Roger
  19. screamingeagle New Member

Here are sources for thousands of quotations:

http://directory.google.com/Top/Reference/Quotations/Inspirational/

http://dir.yahoo.com/Reference/Quotations/Inspirational

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/

Another related one:
    http://alexa.com/

With Alexa, you could find high ranked web sites for just about any subject. You could choose a subject, for example "self-improvement", and select the top 1,000 websites. I believe it's run by Amazon.com, but I'm not quite sure.

Here's the search for "self-improvement" with the top 1,000 web sites selected:
    http://alexa.com/search?q_orig=&q_quotes=self-improvement&count=20&q_p ipe=&q_minus=&lang=en&type_option=&type=&occur=&site=&dmoz=&adult=mayb e&traffic=top1000&advs=y

I'm don't know why it shows 60,000 websites when I only picked the top 1,000. Even the top 60,000 isn't bad though, since there are probably billions of websites around.

Take Care,
    Robert
  20. luvtravel New Member

Okay for a brief moment today I got sidetracked and away from positive energies BUT I am back again and want to share one of the most beautiful movies that will inspire:
    http://www.lightmovie.com/

Shine your light........

Terri