Insurance Sales/ Financial Services

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by lacy_amy, Jul 25, 2008.

1. lacy_amy

lacy_amy New Member

Just wondering if anyone is currently working from home doing financial services or insurance sales. I'm looking to switch careers into this type of positon and looking to get some advice.....
  2. wahguy

wahguy New Member

Hi,

Seems like you already have your hands full with Avon, ASD, etc.

I know quite a few people who do very well in the financial services arena. One of those people is my own brother.

There are companies that demand you to go full-time from the start with them and there are also companies that will not allow you to sell any other products besides their own. If you want to put your clients' interest first, go with a non-captive company which offers a wide array of financial products and services from a multitude of providers. You could then do your research to find out which product from which company is best suited for your clients.

Most financial services companies will not train you to sell. I find out most of the time, they're focused on product training. Don't get me wrong. You should know what you're selling but you should also know how the products can be used in the overall financial plan of the clients.

There are also many areas of the financial/insurance industry you could specialize in. Find one that best suits you and be the authority in the area.

PM me if you have any questions...
  3. lacy_amy

lacy_amy New Member

Thanks for your response [​IMG]