Is Agel a scam?

Discussion in 'Agel' started by Nicolas, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Nicolas

Nicolas New Member

Last week I joined Agel.

While I was doing research of the company I was amazed by the amount of sites and forums that label Agel as a scam.

The arguments were plenty. One argument says that "those at the top" get most of the money. Well... how surprising is that? Have you ever worked for a company in which your boss earned less than you? Me, I haven't.

Most of the profits are made not in selling the product but on recruiting new agents. So what? Everybody knows that from the beginning. My strategy is aimed at recruiting people, I'm not planning to put an Agel store or consume ??“me and my friends-, a box a day.

It has a dodgy pyramidal structure. True, but it's legal since you don't get an income by recruiting someone (this is illegal) but for selling a product. The structure creates a demand for the product that might not exist in reality. People might pile a couple of small boxes under the bed. True. But who, cares? The only thing that matters is if you make money out of the Agel business or not. It is not relevant, if you actually use the product or not.

Another forum argument: "ah yes my mate got brain-washed into that". Or, "the mother of my girlfriend started on that". And the thread goes on and on. And they laugh at the poor people that got tricked while giving defeatist advices that there is no "easy way to win money" and that "only the ones with a big capital" make money. And they don't realize that all these people that have been "tricked" into jumping to this business are generating money for someone else.

And that "someone" could be them, if they only have the initiative and the guts to stop whining and jump into an opportunity when they see it.

2. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

Is Agel a scam? No. They are a legitimate company with a legitimate product. That being said I wouldn't join it personally. The company is 5 years old and should be getting close to it's saturation point where the growth drops from a couple of % a week to a couple of % a year.

Nicolas: One argument says that "those at the top" get most of the money. Well... how surprising is that? Have you ever worked for a company in which your boss earned less than you? Me, I haven't.
    You are right the people at the top have been in the longest and built the largest sales volumes. They should be the highest paid.

Nicolas: Most of the profits are made not in selling the product but on recruiting new agents.
    You should make more money on your group sales than your own it is simply the numbers You make 5% of what your groups total balanced volume vs 20% of what you personally retail.

Nicolas: The structure creates a demand for the product that might not exist in reality. People might pile a couple of small boxes under the bed. True. But who, cares?
    You should. This is the real reason people bitch and moan and quit. If the people you recruit don't like and don't use the product they will cancel the auto ship the minute they don't think they are going to make any money.
    Nicolas: The only thing that matters is if you make money out of the Agel business or not. It is not relevant, if you actually use the product or not.
    You might make money for a while with artificial demand/sales volume but it will be a perpetual build and bust cycle.

3. joanpeterson

joanpeterson New Member

oops, deleted by me. Wrong thread.

4. suesnyder7

suesnyder7 New Member

Agel is not a scam, it's a very good business and very lucrative. People who do not like Agel usually think that the business is a get rich quick scheme, and when they don't get rich in a month or two, they say it's a scam. Sorry state, but true.

5. lyfbrands

lyfbrands New Member

For some,any mlm is a scam.Agel moves product and pays.Not a scam

6. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Agel is not a scam. It is another network marketing company out there like Amway and Herbalife. I am not too sure how long it has been in business though.

Tal

7. freegiftsaver

freegiftsaver New Member

Nicolas
    Hi Nicholas

Just to let you know most mlm companies seem to have the scam lable with someone complaining - They just dont understand the concept or someone joined didnt earn any money because they chose NOT to do the work required enabling them to earn that money.
    These people obviously are best suited to the rat race!

8. mbasa

mbasa Member

people are skeptical of mlm in general. I can't see how a company that sells a legal product can be a scam. MLM is just another marketing strategy and nothing dodgy. The only thing people should do before joining mlm is to decide whether the particular company is for them.

9. wildfire

wildfire New Member

I have heard nothing but good things about the company in my little part of the world.

Nutrition is not really my thing because products tend to only be popular until the next 'major breakthrough product' which pop up most days[​IMG]

Haydn

10. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Just make sure that you ignore all the bad reviews online about Agel. I am 100% sure that they are legit but you can not go online and listen to the bad reviews. I am sure that there is but ignore them.

11. Catracho

Catracho New Member

wildfire

You mention Breakthrough products that pop up most everyday. I would like to say something on that line.

Suspension Gel technology is the biggest breakthroug in MLM industry in the las 15 years. If anyone here can go back and look at all the legit MLM companies and Products, when was the last time one of them came up with a brand new idea that no one had before? From my research no one before the Agel Launch in 2005. Today 2011 I do not know of another company that has come out with a breakthrough product of similar proportions. So if the reason for not joining agel is that soon another company will come out and make Agel products obsolete I encourage You to think it over, if you go back to the website you will see another brakthrough GEL STRIPS, so do no worry about it, no one has popped up since 2005, plus there are tons of other companies offering the very same products as their competition and are doing fine, so you could do better with agel if you do your part.

On another note, I read on another post that is now closed, posts from 2006 where some people where saying that Agel was done, that it was going out of business etc, others said that it was a scam because after 9 months they did not see any income so they quit..... Oh!!! how I wish I had heard about Agel in 2006 I would be telling another Story!!!. I Joined in January 2010, how I wish it had been 2006!!! Still joined 5 years after opening and doing fine, growing a nice team in Honduras so I hope to get back to you in a year with the Story.

Regards,

Franklin

12. bestleads

bestleads New Member

Most mlm or networks got their bad names because affiliates didn't and some still, don't understand the business process.

Telling every body that they can earn money without selling is an outright lie.

And, not everybody that breaths is your prospect or lead.

Some people won't like your product, even friends.

Some people buy Colgate toothpaste and no matter what they won't change their brand.

Most people were born to be employees and never business owners.

If you want to make money you have to get "targeted traffic"!

That's people that could be interested in what you are offering.

Don't try to choke people, worst friends, with your offer.

With Agel is the same thing.

And receiving complaints is not necessarily because it is a scam.

Wal-Mart receives hundreds of complaints, and they are still selling over $ 400 billions dollars a year. And many people want to join their business opportunity (most as employees, they have over 1,000,000 of them worldwide).

If Agel doesn't pays to recruit, if they are offering a product at a reasonable price and if people would buy the product as a costumer, even if they don't join the business opportunity, they are legitimate.

The rule, and federal law (US) is 20/80: 20 percent are business owners, 80 percent are customers.

Sincerely,

Antonios

13. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Randy Gage, who is one of the best mentors and coaches when it comes to MLM, is involved with them so this tells you that this company will stay here for a long time and will be successful just like Amway and Herbalife.

Here is Randy's website:
    http://www.randygage.com

Tal

14. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

What is it exactly that they market?

15. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I believe that it is nutritional products.

16. gulliver59

gulliver59 New Member

You believe it is nutritional products?! You are singing the virtues of this company and you dont even know the product! This just goes to show that it is not about the product, but about recruiting people. This is a thinly disguised pyramid scheme.

I've got a question for you all. If I wanted to buy Agel as a product, which stores could I buy it in?!

17. Gailv68

Gailv68 Guest

Nicolas I noticed you posted in 2009, would like to know how you are doing today..

18. Bob81

Bob81 New Member

I was involved with Agel for a period of time, but no longer. They certainly are not a scam, but like most nutritional MLM's I feel their products are very expensive and not affordable by the majority of average folks.