Is anyone here using Craigslist to advertise their business

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by heistheanswer, Nov 1, 2007.

1. heistheanswer

heistheanswer New Member

I was curious to kow who all is using Craigslist to advertise and what their getting out of it? Is it good to buy one of those CL secrets E-book? Or are they just junk. Any feedback is appreciated.
    Jason
  2. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I use craig's without a secret guide and do just fine. I've had 2 signups in 1 month from their alone. Just don't get your account blocked by posting in wrong sections...that always sucks.
  3. Bigrich

Bigrich New Member

I use it as well. get alot of lookers. A couple sign ups.. I change up alot with my adds and such..
  4. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I use it for advertising my websites. More effective than PPC
  5. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

Craigslist has worked well for me. I change every ad even if it's only a few words and use different email addresses. I bought one of the Craigslist ebooks, but didn't find much in there that I didn't already know. It's such a high traffic site, you can't help but get traffic when you post there.
  6. ParzLou

ParzLou New Member

I would think craigslist would be a gold mine of hits with the proper techniques
  7. manowar

manowar New Member

Does craigslist allow URLs in the ad. It didn't, when I posted.
  8. jlyn12

jlyn12 New Member

I just checked Craigslist and it said it does not accept business opportunity or MLM type ads. Their job ads must be for monetary compensation - not opportunity. What are you advertising?
  9. 2bwahm

2bwahm New Member

I have, but all of a sudden I'm getting spammed from other countries like crazy. I'm thinking this is why.
  10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

I get a good response the same day I post ads and then for a short while thereafter. When it dies down, I just delete the old ad and place a new one :)

Where on Craigslist does everyone else post? Has everyone had difficulty posting a URL there?

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  11. homefree

homefree New Member

I've never have had problems posting a URL (I believe you might have problems if it's just an affliate link). I've always posted in the Services - Small Biz Ads section.

I'd be interested in finding out if anyone has had posting success just using the same graphic ad with different headlines? (In other words, do your ads stay on Craigslist or are they deleted right away?)

Thanks.
  12. pcwork

pcwork New Member

I don't use graphic ads, but recently my ads have been getting deleted.
  13. duckbird

duckbird New Member

Craigs List has been a total waste of time for me. I've been posting ads for several months now with zero results
  14. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

duckbird, it seems you are having a rough time with making money online [​IMG] everything seems to be going against you, i admire you determination to find something that works
  15. opendomain

opendomain New Member

duckbird send me an add you put on craigslist i'll get you some replys.

Also, be careful when posting our URL's especially if posting in the wrong section. as it would seam word phrases can be blocked out.

By this i mean say your url has your name for me mine does have opendomain in it...which also is what my email is. So anytime i post anything with "opendomain" in it the add doesn't get flagged, but it doesn't get posted either. Leading me to believe they've blocked the phrase opendomain.ws

at any rate I have a a few more "secrets" and such that I use to not get flagged in the jobs section as often as I should[​IMG] Of course those are reserved for team members[​IMG] I'll give oyu a hint though:
    COmmon sense should help you get around their auto flagging system.
  16. mkidd6

mkidd6 New Member

I am only two weeks into using Craigslst, but have been getting great responses. I have the ebook but haven't had a chance to read it yet. I would say you just have to keep trying! [​IMG]

Michelle L. Kidd
    [Link removed - Admin]
    "Dream dreams so big that only God can help them come true."
  17. mummala

mummala New Member

if someone could hely me out with posting on craig's list it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to promote a new website that I made as well as income 4 beginners. I believe that the ads are not even getting posted for i4b and I am starting to get frustrated because I feel my time is being wasted.
  18. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: mummalaI believe that the ads are not even getting posted for i4b and I am starting to get frustrated because I feel my time is being wasted.
    Post in the services section, 1-2 ads at a time
  19. mikepressnell

mikepressnell New Member

Any real help here.

I looked at the help section of CraigsList but didn't really get much there.

Seems like most of the posts here just say that they're either successful or not successful.
  20. ladyinred

ladyinred New Member

tried crailist,didnt work for me