Is Coastal Vacations A Scam? Read This First

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by roger, May 2, 2007.

1. roger

roger New Member

You're pretty serious about a home based business and you have targeted Coastal Vacations as the vehicle to get what you want out of life. Maybe you're not clear about who we are and what we're all about so this post is for you, to answer those questions.

Because there are endless business opportunities out there you're worried about getting scammed (again?) or if Coastal Vacations is real or not.

Rest assured we are real.

You've probably seen and heard some great things about Coastal, some bad and maybe even some ugly. Bear in mind there isn't an organization on this planet that hasn't had negative comments made against them. Considering the relatively few Coastal has had in its history is a testament to the strength of the product and its people.

Take the time you need to make this important decision but also remember that life waits for no one. Get the information you require, make a decision and just go for it.

Coastal Vacations is 12 year old association of independent business owners who provide information to access amazing discounts on lifetime wholesale travel packages. Coastal offers you up to 75% off travel to Mexico, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Florida and many more destinations from around the world. You also receive 21 membership cards for great savings - up to 50% - off hotel, car rental, dining, skiing, golfing and more.

Once you join Coastal by purchasing our travel package from a Director you choose, you also become an independent business owner yourself, there isn't a company per se. In fact, YOU are the company which means you keep 75% of the commissions if you decide to market it.

Although there is an element of MLM and Network Marketing to our business model, this is Direct Sales. However, at the Coastal Call Center (We Close Your Sales) the sales professionals will take care of that for you if you wish.

There are three levels to our travel packages and cleverly we call it Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 [​IMG]

Your Director's responsibility is to help you get started, train and guide you on how to work with prospects, help you on where to advertise, answer your questions and provide the guidance you need to succeed but most importantly, to be there for you.

Your responsibility is to take that enthusiasm inside you and bring it out to the world. This enthusiasm and belief that you will succeed will make you money so it goes without saying it's important to use the product. Book a hotel, rent a car or take a trip so it will solidify that decision you made to join Coastal in the first place.

Be prepared for the challenges that lie ahead, this business is not for the weak. As long as you know it will take time and effort to get what you want you'll get there and a good Director will help you.

Do something everyday to move your business forward. By taking that extra step and pushing yourself just a little, it will make a world of difference:

[Link removed - Admin]

Speaking on behalf of my colleagues we are excited for you. Good luck and congratulations on considering our tremendous opportunity.

[​IMG]

Roger Gurung

2. beckie1229

beckie1229 New Member

Roger, you clever-tongued individual; I'm a teacher of 21 years with a minor in English and I could've never put that together so well. Do you mind if that post becomes a part of my business tools?

3. roger

roger New Member

This is like a flashback, I feel like I'm in trouble with the teacher again....thanks Beckie, of course you can.

4. PT Dude

PT Dude New Member

See Roger i told you that you were a silver tongued Devil:p

5. roger

roger New Member

Just telling it like it is.

[​IMG]

Roger

6. AKennedy

AKennedy New Member

Excellent job of "telling it like it is" Roger!

I've been with Coastal and the CSG for over 3 years and can vouch for everything Roger has outlined in his last reply. The only statement I disagree with is : Quoting: rogerAlthough there is an element of MLM and Network Marketing to our business model, this is Direct Sales. However, at the Coastal Call Center (We Close Your Sales) the sales professionals will take care of that for you if you wish.

This business is real and really does work. Coastal Vacation and the business model was set up over 12 years ago and has PROVEN it's self over and over again.

Joining Coastal was one of the best decisions I ever made. It has completely changed my life and the way I live my life. Where else can you double your income every year? I'm living proof that if you are willing to step out of your own way, and with the right opportunity, you can achieve results LARGER than you ever thought possible.

Continued Success to you Roger!

Annette Kennedy

[Links removed - Admin]

7. smitty

smitty New Member

I've taken a serious look at this opportunity, and was interested, but, we area a Low Income family, and this opp is just too pricey for me to get involved. I got taken by a SCAM - Stores Online last Nov., for several thousand dollars, which has currently 'crippled' me financially.

This seems like a legit business, but I have to say, I don't know HOW I would ever be able to sell Coastal Vacations, when I can't even take one myself. However, it does look like ONE OF THE FEW LEGIT online businesses available, if the cost were just more affordable for us 'little guys'. To those of you who are in the program, I wish you CONTINUED MASSIVE SUCCESS!

8. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi Annette,
    good to have you on the forum. I don't quite understand what you are disagreeing with Roger on. Is it that there is an element of mlm and network marketing in our business?

9. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Smitty,

Stores online is not a scam.

use what you paid for and have them build money making sites for you to recoup your investment back.

if you paid SOL to make sites for you, what have you done with it since you joined them.

See, people think cause they spent a lot of money and did not get any returns, then it must be a scam. Thisi is the WRONG way to labels a program a scam, and it hurts the industry.

Stores Online is a remarkable selling machine, to be sure, who uses really smart LIVE SEMINAR selling techinque, I go to their show when they are in town, just to learn how they do what they do.

But you have to do something with what you have.

I can tell, you feel pain for your situation, but doing something with what you paid for is your next step. What can you do with your SOL store?

What sites or markets will you have them tap into for you and with you?

I just don't like it when people flippantly say a program is a scam simply because they paid them a lot of money, and then, decided not to do anything about it.

This, believe it or not... happens all the time in Coastal too. People pay $1000's to join, sit and watch and never do squat.

WHY?

Because we are human beings and predictable, 80% will sit on the bench and watch, while the 20% get in the game and play.

Everyone who joins a business is now an OWNER of this business and must do what OWNERS of businesses do to generate leads and work the sales funnel to close the sale. It does not come easy.

But it is very legit, when you work your company, market it, speak to people, build value and help them see how their situations in life can change when they join us.

Just my thoughts Smitty, do the best you can with what you have already.. that is the definition of excellence.

Jeff

10. screamingeagle

screamingeagle New Member

Quoting: AKennedydo the best you can with what you have already.. that is the definition of excellence.

Jeff

Jeff:
    That is VERY well said! [​IMG]

Take Care,
    Robert

11. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Roger

thank you for starting the thread, but have you noticed...

the plethera of videos asking "is coastal a scam?", or "is coastal scamming you?" popping up all over the net? These marketers are in reality trying to promote their video courses and are not even in coastal.

Just a little pet peave of mine....personally I am now refusing to click on their links to give them any more hits than they are already getting!

cheers
    maria

Smitty, choose to not fail.....if you give up, you will achieve nothing. Coastal is an excellent home business, but there are also many home businesses where you can make a good income. 90% of success comes from within. When I started in coastal, we had few tools. No autorepsonders, no capture pages and the official websites rebooted daily....for 4 hrs.....

and yet I was able to make 11 sales in my first 14 days

it was not from the tools.

Hope this helps
    maria

12. pabena

pabena New Member

I??ve started with coastal vacation this month and I was very happy about it, but I still haven??t received my package from my director and reading all the negative things about Coastal I started to worry. Now I??m very scared because I don??t want to lose my money. I did not think first that Coastal is scam, but what if the director don??t send me my package.

Pat

13. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Pat,
    Coastal is definately NOT a scam so don't worry about that. You just need to find out who your director's upline is. Exactly how long has it been since you paid your director for the package?

14. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Pat, Coastal is not a scam. Contact your director directly. Sometimes the mail can be a bit tempermental!

For those on the We Close Your Sales team, the call center sends our our packages for us, so that is a big plus in a lot of ways. It ensures everything happens in a timely manner. The call center has a reputation to uphold so there is never any trouble with packages.

Noreen

15. Lola

Lola New Member

Quoting: ibiznizand yet I was able to make 11 sales in my first 14 days

Hi IBIZNIZ, if that's the case then I surely need help!! Any marketing advice for a newbie in this business. I cant make a sale for the life of me! I am purchasing leads today with Networkers Central since they are having a sale this week for Memorial Day (last day). Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

16. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Pat,

Harold and Noreen are right about Coastal - it will be a great opportunity for you!

Now, you didn't say when exactly you ordered your package? It can take up to 10 business days to arrive, depending on when your payment to your Upline cleared.

Did your Director give you a receipt? That should have been the first thing that you received. If not, I would call your Director asap and request one.

Also, if you have already paid *you should be beginning your training to start your business successfully*! Has your Director given you the details to start up with your chosen group or system? If not, bring that up as well. In the meanwhile, you can always plug into the COA training calls. If you don't have those numbers/times, just PM me for them.

Please let us know some more details so that we can help you move forward with your new Coastal business!

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations

17. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello Pat

on average most people should receive their package from their directors within 7 days. On the outside perhaps 2 weeks is acceptable.

If your director has not sent you the package and you live in the USA and it has been a month, I would be worried.
    But contact your director first and find out if she has ordered it and has sent it to you.

If she has ordered the package directly from the shipping center, they will gladly give your director the fedex tracking numbers.

The call centers send out the packages in a timely manner, the shipping center sends out the packages usually the day they receive the order, the only delay that there could have been is if your director ordered the package via snail mail and it got delayed somehow?

But coastal is far from being any scam, don't worry about that.

cheers
    maria

18. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Hi Pabena!

I usually find it is door to door in 10 days. You should have been in touch with your director and started your training already? I would ask him/her to get on tracking it ASAP.

For everyone out there, use registered mail to go to the ship centre, they turn it around really fast as Maria said. 10 days door to door is usually the maximum, and they go from here in rural quebec to wherever (usually in the USA) right quick!

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG

19. pabena

pabena New Member

Hi everybody,

Thank you very much for your advice and I??m really feeling much better now hearing from you all that Coastal is real. I got a tracking number from my director and I also started with the training. I??m very happy because like you I want to become successful. I haven??t receive a receipt from my director, but I made a bank transaction, so I have the bank receipt. Thank you all for the good advices and I will let you know when I receive my package. Can anybody give me some advice in purchasing leads. And Tonya I would very much like to plug into the COA training calls.
    Cheers,
    Pat

20. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Pat,

I sent you a PM with the information for the training calls.. [​IMG]

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations