Is it really that easy to make money online?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by trueyo, Aug 18, 2011.

1. trueyo New Member

With all the advertisements that you see on Google now a days it almost seems like everyone in the world should be a millionaire at the click of a button. But the fact is that the economy isn't doing as well as it used to be, so what does that say about most of these advertisements? They are get rick quick schemes that don't work. If you have some actual tried and true methods comment and tell us how it worked for you
  2. RICH4NURICHE New Member

Tried and true method that i have done and works is sampling with a product line that is in line with my ideals and shows results! Nothing may be easy but persistence pays off. I get in front of people and stay honest and upfront with everything about what i market. I prefer that to the online way. It's more genuine and personal, and easier for me. I don't like typing too much.
  3. Just2EZ Gold Member

RICH4NURICHE: Textlink
    Textlink

Textlink
    RICH4NURICHE: I don't like typing too much.
    So we noticed![IMG]
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

It may not be easy but conceptually it's simple.

Many are simply failing because they don't invest be it time or money into consistent effective marketing.

It's all about the marketing!
  5. A8ch Gold Member

"Easy" is a relative description which is influenced by several factors. If you are using a "trial and error" marketing strategy your results will be haphazard and unpredictable at best. Making money online will seem difficult.

If, on the other hand, you are following an established, proven marketing formula, the outcome will be significantly better and much more reliable. Making money online will seem easy.

The truth is, all the marketing methods work to some degree or another. The difference is that some marketers know how to apply them more effectively than others.

Hermas
  6. talfighel Silver Member

7. Margo Tuul New Member

Nothing is easy.

Nobody gets successful overnight. It requires work and time.
    And more than 98% of new marketers quit in first few months...just because it's too "hard".
  8. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

The economy is a reason for more business in some online industries [IMG].

A majority of the things online are not scams and will work for you.

Find something, DEDICATE yourself to it, and give yourself no other option than to succeed.

If you take action everyday and don't give up. You will find that it's not as "hard" as you may think [IMG].

Matt
  9. Trial and error.
    Hard work and determination.
    A will to succeed.
    An inner belief.

When you find a system or systems that work for you stick with them. Don't go chasing those big bucks, but gradually increase your income over time.

Creating an online income from scratch is like taking a College course and learning everything you can. In the end it pays off if you are willing to put in a huge amount of effort and never give up.
  10. ronniebranch New Member

trueyo

It is true there are many bad apples being marketers hurting other honest folks where it feels like people will lie cheat or steal just to get ahead and I feel other peoples struggles. It took me 5 years in network marketing to finally truly learn how to become successful. I have learned it is key to have a mentor to learn from so share what did not work and what started to work for him or her. Knowing that that and applying what does work is what truly shifts people on the right path to success.

Thanks for reading,
    Ronnie Branch
  11. OnlineWorker New Member

I believe that working online can be as challenging as working any other job. However, working from home, and choosing your own hours, does have its benefits, doesn't it? Having said that, I can't say that it's easy for me. I work from 7am ... on and off (mostly, on) till sometimes midnight! LOL . But I'm a hard worker. However, when you're building your own business, it gives you a lot of satisfaction, especially when the cash starts flowing in nicely [IMG]
  12. aniket New Member

I am a newbie to IM......lately i have realized that there is always a learning curve which you need to overcome before u see any income..
    u can not and should not expect to see income overnight...none of the prgram can make u rich quick..

when I started recently i was totally confused what the hell is going on..

what is clickbank,commision junction ets
    what is affiliate marketing,cpa,ppc,seo,serps,article marketing,forum marketing,newsletter,giveaways..
    each time i searched on google "how to make money online" i was shooted with the above results..

literally i was lost...what shud i do...:S .....i did not even know how to put up a website....how to buy domains
    what is hosting...
    how to change nameservers..
    key word research....google ananlytics....keyword tool...

so u see....u cannot just jump into IM and start earning ...u have to learn the necessary skills needed and then find out (among a vast majority of things) which one is working for u and then rinse and repeat

More over never think that online business is any different from offline business....but u have advantage in online business of starting with very little investment(may be just domain and hosting)

..hope it helps [IMG]

Kind Regards
    Aniket
  13. happywife Gold Member

That's very true, Aniket. I well remember how confused I was when I first started out online. It was like learning a foreign language! [IMG]

One thing that really helped me was focusing on learning ONE thing at a time instead of jumping from opportunity to opportunity and concept to concept.

If you are completely green (like I was) it pays to find a program that has a step by step training program that takes you by the hand and teaches you what you need to learn and do first, then second, then third, and so on.

That was my life saver and the reason I actually achieved success. I have doubts that I'd have ever gotten anywhere otherwise. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  14. A8ch Gold Member

Aniket, I can see from your post that you've been busy doing your IM homework. You seem to have a sober outlook on how to go about implementing what you learn and what results you can realistically expect in the beginning.

I think that attitude will serve you very well when you get in the trenches.

There are several important components that make up the online marketing cyberscape and the better you understand their relationship to each other, the more creative and strategic you can be with your planning and tactics.

aniket: ..hope it helps
    I'd say it does!

Hermas
  15. aniket New Member

happywife: One thing that really helped me was focusing on learning ONE thing at a time instead of jumping from opportunity to opportunity and concept to concept.
    Very true Angie....IM is not for opportunity seekers that is for sure..ultimately when they will find that their clickbank account is not showing any sales they ll quit saying IM is a scam...

most of them are lured by GURUS which promise them millions overnight and eventually they find they were nothing more than a cyber credit card for those GURUS...of course their are few who are genuine and can guide positively but they are in minority and even their punchline will definitely be "There is no quick rich scheme" ....

A8ch: Aniket, I can see from your post that you've been busy doing your IM homework. You seem to have a sober outlook on how to go about implementing what you learn and what results you can realistically expect in the beginning.I think that attitude will serve you very well when you get in the trenches. There are several important components that make up the online marketing cyberscape and the better you understand their relationship to each other, the more creative and strategic you can be with your planning and tactics.
    Hi Hermas....
    Thanks for the insight...
    You guessed right...Its been 2 months since i entered into IM..this period was more of learning and research rather than taking any action...though recently i have come up with a couple of websites but still some tweaking is needed before its live.. last 2 months were periods of frustration,excitement,fun,even planning to quit before starting LOL ....

Regards
    Aniket
  16. payment proof Member

It's not easy. It takes work like anything else. But it is more than possible to make really good money online.
  17. haiden New Member

Wasn't sure if I should have posted here or not, just wanted to say I appreciate all the commentary. It's good to read from some good people, with experience. I myself am just now trying to figure out what/if I can do anything with the very limited experience I have. Actually, I've none. Nor do I have a niche. What I do have, though, is the need for something to work. Not just a desire, an actual need for it. There's no work at all in my area, and I cannot drive, unfortunately. I'll keep checking back here for posts such as this. Could use all the advice that is available. [IMG]
  18. happywife Gold Member

Hi Todd,

Of course you should have posted! No sense lurking in the shadows! [IMG]

Lack of experience is NOT a problem when it comes to making a go of online marketing. Having the right attitude, motivation, and work ethic on the other hand is crucial.

Contrary to what others may say, I don't think even having a powerful "need" for something to work does much good unless you have the will to take action as well.

I've gone the extra mile for people with a real need to create an online income (even paying for a year of SBI for them), and guess what? They didn't even begin to use the program. I was shocked (though I don't know why). [IMG]

I learned a lesson, whether they did or not. [IMG] The individual has to have a true commitment to focus on the basic fundamentals and TAKE ACTION.

You don't have to know what niche you want to go into when getting started. You determine the niche as you start researching (brainstorming) ideas.

I have a friend who wrote to me today because they were considering taking advantage of SBI's Christmas special sale. Their words were, "I'm having trouble choosing a theme that I can have the confidence to invest the time (and money) in...I should know before Christmas what subject I want to go after, hopefully."

He's trying to choose a niche before he makes the investment. What I apparently have failed to explain sufficiently is that the first half of the program is designed specifically to help you make that choice. [IMG] Your statement reminded me that I need to communicate that to him more adequately.

I hope that you will be able to match your effort with your need and that you will achieve success. It won't happen overnight, or even in the short term, but it will happen if you do the work and do it well.

Blessings,
    Angie
  19. haiden New Member

Thank you VERY much for responding.[IMG] I can happily say I DO have the drive/motivation to do what needs to be done. It is understood that nothing comes over night. I have worked , and am VERY willing to work at whatever it takes. The only think I lack is the understanding of where to go, how to start. Having the money to start would of course be very helpful, I am sure. Thats one of the things I lack, which is what has kept me from actually moving forward with any real action.

That was generous what you did for others, and a real shame that none had the understanding to move forward. I'd for sure be frustrated by that.
    I will just keep doing what I can, when I can. Have been looking for work , its actually been a job in itself. Which is, what I think, the right mindset to have. Making it priority #. Thanks again for your kind words.

Oh, and I actually considered perhaps a website/log for something like advice, on anything to do with life issues. I know there are MANY sites like that out there, then again, imo, there can never e enough. We all have life experience, so why not share it with others? But then I thought it would e wrong to attempt any profit from such an idea. Not necessarily from members, maybe just ads and such. I am not very comfy charging people to join a site when it could be something many could use, when they feel the need to. Hm, I'd not even know where to begin, really. But I do have a LOT to say about life, or my experience with it.

SBI I am not familiar with. I'll have to check that out.

WOW, nearly $300.
  20. happywife Gold Member

I'm so glad to hear your response. It definitely sounds like you have the right mindset and could make a success if you are given the opportunity.

There are ways to start making money online for free, but I think it's a whole lot easier when you have a proven step-by-step process to follow. That covers the "lack of understanding" issue that you so rightly identified.

I was exactly like you when I started online 5 years ago. I had the will and motivation, but not the understanding. The more I read/searched, the more confused I got.

When I finally found SBI, it was like a breath of fresh air to my soul, I can tell you! They talked a language I could understand and had a step by step process I could follow.

The other problem you mentioned (lack of money) is definitely an issue to overcome. Thankfully, I have a hubby who was willing to let me invest the $299 for a year; we considered it a tuition for a course and if I made any money back, we'd call it a bonus. [IMG]

I can't tell you how glad he is that we made that investment! [IMG]

I can also completely relate to your feelings about charging people for your "advice" and such. When I signed up for SBI, the first step is to begin brainstorming a niche topic or theme. They encourage you to follow your passions - something you know and love.

Well, my husband and I are Christians in ministry, and what I know and love the most is being a godly wife, raising children God's way, and teaching Sunday School, etc.

At the time I felt it would be wrong to try to profit from that knowledge. So I tried to think of other things that I really loved that were not specifically "Christian" in nature. [IMG] Guess what I ended up with... ...Chocolate! [IMG]

Yep! My first website was chocolate-candy-mall (dot) com, and is all about chocolate candy. Isn't that funny? It was fun and a very good basis for me to learn the ropes without feeling like my conscience was in jeopardy.

Five years on and I have a slightly different perspective. I would still never dream of charging anyone to share God's plan of salvation with them or in fact almost anything they wanted to know about God and the Bible.

But, I have written a couple of Christian books which I've sold, and have plans for creating some teaching tools that others can use to save themselves time in their own teaching, etc.

So you see, as you learn and develop, you will gain confidence in how, when, and what you can do to use your own knowledge and skills to help others and meet your own financial needs, too.

Perhaps you will be able to find a way to earn the start up funds to begin with a program like SBI. Maybe you could write some articles for someone else and use that money to re-invest in your own business start-up.

There are places like odesk.com, fiverr.com, etc. where you could probably do that. I don't know that you'd make enough fast enough to take advantage of this year's Christmas special, but SBI isn't going anywhere.

There will probably be others to come along and encourage you to get started with free websites or blogs, etc., and you can certainly do that if you like, but I don't think that will provide you with the solution to your first problem - understanding. [IMG]

However, whatever you decide Todd, I'm rooting for you. If there's any way I can be of help to you along the way, please feel free to ask.

Blessings,
    Angie