Is Mobile Marketing the way of the future?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by floridalady, May 17, 2010.

1. floridalady

floridalady New Member

I have read that their are 3 times more people using cell phones than using their personal computers. Is mobile marketing the hot, new way to market affiliate products? There is a new method of affiliate marketing for mobile phones using banner ads with CPA offers and pay per call offers. Has anyone try this mobile marketing method?
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

This is something that has to be done with certain types of products offers.

It is probably good for opt in leads, but purchases don't appear to be great at the moment.
  3. chucks

chucks New Member

Don't know much about this but it's definitely trending up.

Even the new Google keyword tool has a section for mobile search results.

To your success,
    Chucks
  4. carterstory

carterstory New Member

Mobile advertising will be a great tool for some products and niches..
    I would not suggest trying to sell someone on your network marketing opportunity.
    If you are selling products mobile advertising would probably work out well.
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have been wondering the same thing... will need to look into that with some of my products.....seems as soon as we have one thing down pat,we need to put on our learning caps all over again... sigh.....[​IMG]
  6. CarrieLyn

CarrieLyn Guest

I'm afraid this isn't really popular yet in the U.S. because the technology is still pretty new here but overseas where people are more accepting of this technology sales are increasing.

We are just now getting the ability to pay for things with our phones while they've had that capability for years in parts of Asia and Europe. I'm sure as soon as the technology is available nationwide in the U.S. and people become more comfortable with it then it'll become a new trend.
  7. floridalady

floridalady New Member

CarrieLyn
    I check three mobile affiliate networks and on each network you can advertise in Europe. On these networks they are paying higher in Europe countries. That is the great thing about mobile marketing you can run campaigns in any country.
  8. LindaSweetfield

LindaSweetfield New Member

Hey. Yeah I have just started to branch into mobile marketing along with my offline marketing. I will let you know how it goes. Lin
  9. winlin

winlin New Member

I think you it will be a niche segment of the new age of marketing, but I do not see how it can currently compete head to head with the advantages of interfacing on a PC or Lap Top.
  10. digitalescape

digitalescape New Member

If you use an android based phone, you will see how it can be effective for reaching the more tech oriented market. But i have noticed that the ads are hard to read. maybe in a few years it will surpass pc/laptop targeted ads. I think the tend of teenagers using a phone more than a pc will relate to marketing when those teenagers go into the biz world.

Just my .02
  11. dales

dales New Member

am thinking of text message marketing plan for restaurant and I am looking for a good mobile marketing sms company to test out my text message marketing campaign. I am doing as much research as I can and if anyone has great tips and ideas and would like to contribute please go right ahead.
  12. skgroom

skgroom New Member

I feel mobil marketing is an intrusion. I hate when I get a text message on my cell phone that I didn't opt in for or request. I will never purchase anything from someone that sends it over my phone. So for me, I would never go that route to spend money advertising that way. Sorry guys, just my 2 cents
  13. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

It's only a matter of time before Mobile Marketing becomes as mainstream as "traditional" online marketing. In many ways the technological infrastructure in the US can be considered to be in its infancy.

When that has matured a bit and the consumer becomes more comfortable with the convenience and security of its commercial applications, the marketing potential will be explosive.

I believe this is the right time to position yourself in front of the mobile marketing wave, and get ready for the inevitable tsunami that is sure to follow.

Hermas
  14. f5mtadas

f5mtadas Guest

carterstory

Why you think it will not be good for business opp. promoting capture pages ? It is exciting to know me [​IMG]
  15. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Target mobile users with mobile APPS, that's what they're buying.
    Giving away mobile apps for shopping is another profitable niche.
    All my kids use their Droids more than their PCs.
    Word of mouth spreads fast on cell phones!
    Mobile + Apps + Viral = BIG Money
  16. Ricka

Ricka New Member

Has anyone used a new mobile application known as the "SlingItApp?" I'm trying to find something (not too expensive) that would allow me to get started with mobile marketing.