Is SEO necessary for a website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by jacklavis, Dec 3, 2010.

1. jacklavis New Member

Hi,

i have a website and i want to know that is seo necessary for any new or old website?
  2. Just2EZ Gold Member

3. A8ch Gold Member

You don't need SEO for your website if your site is intended for an exclusive group of people who already have access to the website address.

Otherwise, if you want your site to be seen by the public at large, SEO is an important requirement.

Hermas
  4. FreeCashMan Active Member

Yes, it depend on what your purpose is for the website. If you are seeking search engine potential prospects then you want to certainly apply some SEO to it.

Or use a SEO friendly blog, such as blogger or wordpress, that links to your website.
  5. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Jacklavis - if you use the brackets it will make the link in your sig clickable.[IMG]
  6. Dream Builders New Member

Hi, as I understand, I need pay for SEO, fight?
    May somebody give me some ideas about free seo?
    thanks
  7. jazbo New Member

If you know your subject then onsite SEO, no not really, up to a point. As long as yourt content is naturally relevant etc then it is far more important to get those anchor text backlinks.
  8. Dream Builders New Member

Thanks, jazbo

I see that your site is about backlinks, i wll try to find some more info at this site. But, first I heve small question: "Links" that I put in my site and "backlinks" is it the same? or backlinks is when somebody put link to my website oh his site?
  9. shiz101 New Member

I believe backlinks are created when someone links to your website from their website, so your latter topion Dream Builders[IMG]
  10. wrlawrence New Member

You need to know somethings for your content to rank high with the major search engines.

1. Lots of keyword focus content the offers value to your niche and what people are searching for.

2. Use a Keyword tool and pick keywords with high demand but little competition.

3. Place your main keyword in your tag, title, description, the start of your written content and a text link. Don't place too many kewords in your content and make sure it reads naturally and offers value.

4. Get lots of back links ( People linking to your site ) you can get the ball rolling by apply to directories, link exchanges, comment in blog and Forums and write article at ezine artlces until the links start comming in on there own.
  11. Justine New Member

Engage in social media discussions as well, create your profiles on Twitter and Facebook. Google & Bing confirmed recently that Twitter and Facebook influence SEO.
  12. SEO is a BIG thing to almost any website nowadays. If you don't optimize the content on your site, then your traffic will never pick up and the word you are preaching will never get to a wider audience
  13. syxx New Member

Basic SEO tips are pretty easy to come across on-line. If your not in the top of organic searches you'll find much less people going to your site. I hired an SEO company and they did pay for our google adwords campaign the first few months, redesigned my site, and looked like they were doing good work. After 3 months or so though (when we finished paying them) it seemed they forgot about us. Finding a good SEO company is tough, because its hard to gauge what they are actually doing results wise because it usually take 3-6 months for it there work to start producing results. Im doing my own SEO work now, and I blog regularly, post in forums, and have built links (some paid, some exchanges) with sites that come up along with me with keywords I want to come up with. And I can see its working with my google analytics as last year at this time I had almost 1000 less people finding me by various search terms.
  14. jacklavis New Member

thanks for your guidance.
  15. Radioheada New Member

Syxx
    is right. Good SEO is crucial for the success of your website. What I mean by this is really simple and basic step-
    decide what you want your site to do.
    it will define your perfect customer, your niche, and this will show you the right SEO techniques for your site.
    I remember James Schramko ( arguably one of the best Internet marketers) answering a very similar question during one of his seminars- " you will decide what is right for you( what tools you should use to promote your website- video, article marketing, link building, facebook-twitter activity, etc.) when you know what you want to do"

I would suggest that you define your perfect audience.
    Who are they? where are they? What do they like? Why do you want to serve them? What are their needs? What are their paying points?
    answering them will help you define what marketing methods should help you reach them, and serve them well

if you have any more questions, just ask
    thanks
  16. Radioheada New Member

one major suggestion- good SEO is the one that suits your website, and your plans for it
  17. ScottCofer New Member

Huge topic, but start with the basics. First, you'll need to optimize your site (on-site SEO), and then you'll need to build backlinks, etc. (off-site SEO). Don't get overwhelmed, just start at the beginning. There are some great blogs that will help - start with trafficgenerationcafe. Ana really knows her stuff and shares it for free.
  18. kane1976 New Member

Off page seo (backlinks) is more of an important factor when trying to position and rank in google, but you do need to construct your meta tags, and the title tag in paticular so that your main targeted keyword is at the beginning, so that you can easily be found in search results for it.

The content of your website also needs to reflect your main targeted keyword, but i would advise you to target only 1 keyword per page, and make the content match that keyword entirely.

Yahoo is totally different though, and they position you purely from the content of your website.
  19. katereber New Member

If you still want to promote your website, SEO is important on that matter. SEO is the struggle to get your keywords to ba on top. In that way, you can get the attention of viewers.
  20. loner44 New Member

Unless you already have a strong brand and a billion dollar business, SEO is pretty much a no-brainer requirement to make your site seen, found, and clicked on by the users interested in whatever products/services/content your site offers.

You can do SEO on the cheap with Google webmaster tools and some free SEO tools. Some even say you can do SEO by hand entirely though I am not sure what type of brain capacity one should have to process this much data this quickly. But that's just me and there may be 25 other posts after me angrily saying that SEO doesnt work or that seo tools will get your site banned from searches.

So as not to fall into such misleading recommendations, read up on SEO whichever way you chose to promote your site in organic SERPS.