Is there a future for ad rotations on this site?

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by coreyjroman, Aug 3, 2005.

1. coreyjroman

coreyjroman Silver Member

No matter how a forum has begun I have found that sometime during it's existance a banner ad rotation begins. A paid for rotation of banner ads carefully selected by the administartor to help pay for the sites developement and promotion. Does this site have that in it's future? I can see advantages and disadvantages to a move such as this. Perhaps it begins most effectively when a certain amount of active members is achieved. At any rate it seems I see members all over this site questioning the possibilities of some type of promional ability other than signatures and profile postings. What disadvantages would lead you to withhold inclusion of such an area even if it were a link to a private page that would allow people access to such a tool? Just curious ... CJR
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Soon I'll be introducing a sponsors section where you'll have the provision of displaying classified ads (max 15-20). Ads will be displayed on a first-cum-first-serve basis.

Personally I've never liked banners and I don't think I'll introduce them in future. One reason is that they don't offer the kind of returns of text ads and secondly they can be very distracting.
  3. coreyjroman

coreyjroman Silver Member

Good,

I think you are very keen on your vision of how to run a smooth and informative site. I like the look of the neutral colors you have chosen for the site as well as the ease of topical navigation. Not introducing ad banners is the best answer I could have hoped for. I always felt banners were very distracting as well as they give sites a cheap and sold out look. You have a keen perception for every detail of this forum site and I am going to stand behind you all the way. This is the best forum site I have ever had the pleasure of being a member of. Thank you very much Vishal! Have a great day!
  4. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member