is there any legitimate work at home?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by manish, Nov 1, 2005.

1. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You have to get an invite from a current ChaCha member. Go to a large Work at home forum with a ChaCha folder and ask for an invite.
  2. photomom04

photomom04 New Member

Here is the link to chacha.. if you look at the bottom you can find all the information:

http://www.chacha.com/
  3. hsc1898

hsc1898 New Member

Quoting: manishI m fed up for searching for legitimate work at home, no one seems to fit... can you tell me any legitimate work at home.

There are actually lot's of ways to earn money on internet. You will need to do some research to find which are suitable for you. Some informations are available for free and some other for some money. Like any other business, Internet business take time, effort and money (ussually not very much comparing to offline business). And one of the key success is that you need to undertsand the big picture, and slowly learn how to do it one step at the time. Try not to get overwhelmed with too much information which get you nowhere. There are also some quick program available designed to get you started quickly at first, and follow the tutorial so that you can learn along the way. I do not believe get rich quick on internet is actually possible.

Always do your research before spending money, search more information about the program or visits some forum where people discuss about the particular program. After all as in any business you would want to control your expenses and achieve the the max profit.

Good luck[​IMG]

Cheers
  4. Carolyn

Carolyn New Member

Quoting: manishI m fed up for searching for legitimate work at home, no one seems to fit... can you tell me any legitimate work at home

Hi Manish,
    Perhaps if you think about your specific goals and values then it may be easier to search and find a fit.

Are you looking to do most of the work yourself or have help? Many have tools in place to help you learn and succeed.

Some home based businesses offer building wealth over time, others have more immediate pay and some offer a combination.

With today's technology, I would think the information about the business opportunity would be provided for free via a website and/or conference calls if it's legitimate instead of having poeple pay just to learn about it? Perhaps someone else can offer insights on home based business opportunities that are legitimate that require money upfront in order for people to find out what they are.

As someone previously mentioned, there are usually expenses to get started and they can vary. Some may offer you the opportunity to get started and earn your start up investment for your initial product or membership purchase, if products or memberships are involved. If you look at the expenses then evaluate the income potential and think about whether or not it's something you feel you can do with the training and tools provided, then perhaps you can find a fit.

To your success!
  5. spirk02

spirk02 New Member

On January 2nd of this year I was laid off from my job as an engineer. This is a day that I will never forget, the joy of losing a job that I hated coupled with a new found freedom. I spent the next two months split between looking for a new job and trying to start my own business. I started an online businesss this past month and share many of the concerns being voiced in this forum.
    Working at home has its defintite benefits, like taking my kids to school and getting to spend lots of time with them. I no longer need to make the 45 minute drive to work each day. I can get up early in the morning or work late at night, the schedule is mine to determine each day. Working on line has its challanges, besides having a dynamic product and web site, you are always confronted with the marketing issue of advertising and where and how to do it. And there is just so much infomation on the web that if you are not careful you will get very easily sidetracked and spend much of your day surfing sites that have no real bearing on your bottom line. Finding a good company to work with is key. Product, business system , payment plan and training are imperative to on-line success.
    In running a business, you have to be able to get answers to your questions quickly. Another often over looked area is personal training. Its not that the system or company that you have chosen to associate with is necessisarily bad, you just may not have prepared yourself for the new adventure. I compare this to driving a car. If you intend to speak with people on the phone, you need a different skill set than it takes to fill out questionaires on a computer. What I am really saying here is that to run an internet business, which is new to many people, equipp yourself to get the job done. If you don';t know how to do something, find someone who does. Persistance is the other key, treat it like a business and stop looking for excuses as to why it won't work. Yes maybe it is different, but stick with what you've chosen if it makes business sense. Hopping around from site to site is just a waste of time.

All the best.
  6. Chaz T

Chaz T New Member

Very good thoughts here.
  7. lalit7552

lalit7552 New Member

Vishal P. Rao: For jobs, you either have to keep a watch for companies that list telecommuting/work at home jobs or look out for freelance jobs on sites like guru.com and elance.com. Regarding first option, there are no shortcuts though. You just will have to look out like you would for a regular job.

Vishal thanks a lot for those two sites which you gave to us. If in your eyes is there any more site like that ... kindly tell me.

I am loving these forum as its focussed and really helful ...
  8. gloria14r

gloria14r New Member

I think it all depends on where you are from, if you are a US resident then there are plent of online opportunities to work from home. You just need to look out for them.

For indians, there are ofcourse opportunities, but comparitively very less.
  9. options247

options247 New Member

Yeah there are legitimate ways to earn, you just have to know what your getting into. Recently I have been successful in trading as well as bringing in some extra income from the book I wrote detailing the strategy I use.

If you can't create something completely original, a good affiliate program can always help.