Is There Anybody Making Money With These Survey Sites?

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by sundown16, Mar 14, 2009.

1. sundown16

sundown16 New Member

I keep seeing all these survey sites all over the place. Are they
    legit, and is anybody making any kind of serious money with
    them?
    Should we be paying more attention to them?

2. srama3

srama3 New Member

Hey sundown16,
    There are two types of survey sites: free and not free.

The free ones will pay you out between $1 and $5 per survey, and you will usually receive 2 - 3 per week. The trick is to join as many as you can so that the money builds up.

As for the ones that are not free, they supposedly pay you something like $40 a survey, NOT LIKELY!! Stay away from these sites, they are scams.

In my opinion, all survey sites are a waste of time. We have all tried to make money from them at one stage or another, and the money you receive is like peanuts in comparison to all the hard work you put in, so I'd spent my time doing something more productive.

Cheers,
    srama3[​IMG]

3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

srama3: In my opinion, all survey sites are a waste of time. We have all tried to make money from them at one stage or another, and the money you receive is like peanuts in comparison to all the hard work you put in, so I'd spent my time doing something more productive.
    Very well put! [​IMG]

4. srama3

srama3 New Member

thank you getagrip, nice to see some support from an experienced forum member[​IMG]

5. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

No problem srama3...you give great advice! [​IMG]

6. beckernpeeksmom

beckernpeeksmom New Member

Just my 2 cents, but I did the survey thing and the most I made at one time was $10. They send you the surveys regularly but....you have to practically be sitting at your computer when they arrive to get into them! I missed 60% of the surveys they sent because I was always too late and they were closed. I may have opened them only a half hour after they came too. Then there were the ones that you do not qualify for. They will ask you some questions to see if you "qualify" and if not you are left out of earning anything.
    (I was registered with over 25 different survey companies.)
    In my opinion, they are a scam. You would have to be registered with 100's of them and then be on the computer 24-7 to make anything worthwhile.

7. JARSboy

JARSboy New Member

I have been participating in online surveys for about 5 years now. I have found some good online survey companies and some definite duds. My suggestion is to open up a separate email account, sign up for as many sites as you can and determine what sites are worth your time. I have about 5 or 6 sites I actively participate in and some I so on a survey by survey basis. The best part with online surveys is you can decide if you want to take the time to fill out a survey or not. You won't but you can definitely earn some extra cash that you can use for fun money. ALso you may be lucky and get to test a few products. If your interested in knowing what some of the products I have tested are feel free to contact me.

Most importantly though is to remeber to never pay to sign up with a survey company. This is a definite sign of a scam

8. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

Taking surveys is not a get rich quick thing. Well actually you won't get rich at all. It does take time and effort, and at best you can make a decent supplemental income. I know of people that average several hundred a month. I am getting closer and closer to that mark every month. I spend about 2 hours a day taking them. So that's not too bad. If you are looking for a bigger chunk of change it would be better to look into something else.
    If you still want to do surveys, then DO NOT PAY !

9. Alicia8657

Alicia8657 New Member

Survey sites actually do work. Thats what I do online and I am loving it!

But you have to be careful though cause sometimes a site might want you to pay for a list of survey sites.

#1 rule! Never pay to work! most likely they are scams.

10. sundown16: Are they
    them?
    This entire forum/thread is dedicated to paid surveys, people are making money by taking paid surveys. The amount of money you make varies by each person.

sundown16: Should we be paying more attention to them?
    Don't just pay attention to it, go ahead start taking paid surveys and start earning extra cash.

11. Gringo

Gringo New Member

There are a ton of sites out there that offer free online survey sites do they make you money yes and no. Yes youw ill get a few extra dollars but it will not be 1000 a month. The most I have made so far in 1 month has been $475 in my opinion thats not to bad heck it good enough to pay a few bill and take my wife and kids out to eat. So why not give it a shot but if you are going to try it. Read do research and stic with it past 2 months they weed out the people who are just tryiing to get in a out quick thats why they only pay noobie survey takers $1 for a 30 minute siurvey the longer you stay with a company you get offers forbetter quality surveys. So will it make you a steady income NO way will it help pay a bill or 2 and give you some play money Heck Ya.

12. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

srama3: In my opinion, all survey sites are a waste of time. We have all tried to make money from them at one stage or another, and the money you receive is like peanuts in comparison to all the hard work you put in, so I'd spent my time doing something more productive.
    Hi Shiva,

That would be my sentiment as well.

Furthermore, I doubt that it would ever be interesting or fulfilling work.

~Newbie Shield~

13. mlynn

mlynn Member

sundown16: I keep seeing all these survey sites all over the place. Are they
    them?
    Should we be paying more attention to them?

There are legitimate paid survey sites, but you need to be careful not to pay anyone to do paid surveys, since it's always free. Legit paid survey sites never charge you anything. Also pay attention to their Privacy Policy to avoid spam.

Paid surveys is a great way to make EXTRA money. The key is to sign up with real legit survey sites, and for beginners it's important to be patient. Paid surveys might not work well for everybody, and you have to give it a try yourself to see if it works for you.

14. happygal

happygal Member

I always wonder why people who hate surveys are posting in the surveys section. You can do well with surveys, there are just no guarantees.

15. pinkyparrot

pinkyparrot New Member

happygal: I always wonder why people who hate surveys are posting in the surveys section.
    I have noticed that on many posts in this section. I think that if you can't offer advice about which ones are good, then please don't post..
    That advice would be better off elsewhere in the forum. Just my opinion, and I love to give it !

16. Brad1

Brad1 New Member

Yes i am making a little bit of extra cash with paid surveys. the best way to do it i think is to join a bunch and accumulate money on all it will add up. another way is refferals...

17. twohuskys4di

twohuskys4di New Member

I agree w/Brad1. You won't get rich but it's a nice little bonus. Some extra money! There are a few really good sites out there that pay.

18. garygoh

garygoh New Member

happygal: I always wonder why people who hate surveys are posting in the surveys section. You can do well with surveys, there are just no guarantees.
    I fully agree with happygal. You can really do well with paid online surveys. But like others say, you won't get rich.

Having said that, the only "secret" is that you have to sign up with as many paid survey sites as possible. And try not to turn down survey invitation. Chances are that you may be able to make a nice extra income.

19. celtmaidn

celtmaidn New Member

I have been doing surveys, focus groups (on going monthly) and beta testing for about 10 years. As many have said, there are some good ones, and some duds. And then, there were some goodies that turned into duds. The most I ever got for a survey with product testing was $500 for 2 weeks worth or work. So, while I can't get rich, it helps with the "play money". I have found it rather profitable.

20. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Celt,

Focus Groups and Usability Testing ("product testing") are another story if you really know what you are doing and qualify to get paid the proper amount to participate.

That isn't really what HappyGal and the others are talking about though. The stuff they are talking about does not pay much at all for the amount of time and effort invested.

There may be something to the "referral" side of things that HappyGal speaks of but the surveys themselves are a complete waste of time.

The average person absolutely cannot step right into quality assurance and decent focus groups, but someone with the proper background (I.T. degree with Q.A. experience for example) can make over $20/hour (nothing to me but for someone young and just starting out, it would be a good place to begin).

Q.A. is interesting. I run it on all of my HTML/CSS projects and software programs for my own sake. I've had formal training and have read several books and websites on the matter.

I did it professionally for a time. It's moderately enjoyable insofar as the I.T. field goes.

Even so, nothing beats making money over and over again as you can with a full-blown paid hosting site.

HappyGal, everything is relative. That's partly where I am coming from when I say that actually participating in paid surveys is a waste [when compared to other methods of making money online].

Do as you will. I sure won't stop you. But know that you can do much better.

~Newbie Shield~