is wealthy affiliate right for me?

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by smallwords, Oct 8, 2009.

1. smallwords

smallwords New Member

hello,

im want to get into making money online and I'm just wondering if wealthy affiliate is any good. I have searched the web for anything remotely bad about WA and the only thing i could find was "it has information overload." Now to me that doesn't sound like a "bad" thing. I work full-time. I would only have maybe 3 hours a night to learn and/or work on the business(not including weekends.) i know my way around a computer somewhat if that has any relevance, although, i have no internet marketing or sales experience. At first I am just looking to make a little extra money on the side but eventually i would like this to replace my job. Can anyone give me some insight and drive me in the right direction.

P.S i had lots of questions in my head but as of right now my mind went blank lol.

2. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello Justin,

I love Wealthy Affiliate.

My membership began in December 2007, after spinning in circles.
    It seems like every corner I turned I needed another expensive tool, or training for a new skill.

WA has it all, included within the membership fee.
    Nothing else is added on.

The forum and community are world-class.
    I hope this is helpful,

Victoria

P.S. 3 hours a night is perfect.
    You would not get the "information overload" (one-step-at-a-time) and accomplish much at the same time.

3. smallwords

smallwords New Member

thank you very much for the reply. i have seen you on these forums answering questions about WA. i think i will take the first step and sign up tonight. i will use your link to do so since you were kind enough to take time out of your day for me.

4. bkb2012

bkb2012 New Member

Hi there,

I have personally been a Wealthy Affiliate member for about 2 years now, active publishing at that site. The site members do teach qualified marketing material most applicable to affiliate marketers, but we do see a fair number of MLM people there too. It really doesn't matter what you're marketing. The key is to gain access to the right information (usually through Internet marketing education) and you will have to really apply yourself to get through the learning curve. However, you're learning real skills like article marketing, website construction, copywriting, or working for other Internet marketers. If you have any questions about WA, I would be happy to help. Otherwise, there are many other qualified marketers online who can help.

5. bkb2012

bkb2012 New Member

Hi there,

I have personally been a Wealthy Affiliate member for about 2 years now, active publishing at that site. The site members do teach qualified marketing material most applicable to affiliate marketers, but we do see a fair number of MLM people there too. It really doesn't matter what you're marketing.

The key is to gain access to the right information (usually through Internet marketing education), and you will have to apply yourself to get through the learning curve. However, you're learning real skills like article marketing, website construction, copywriting, or working for other Internet marketers.

If you have any questions about WA, I would be happy to help. Otherwise, there are many other qualified marketers online who can help.

6. mattjosh

mattjosh New Member

Wealthy Affiliate is pretty decent. But I think that their method of bum marketing requires too much effort for success to occur. I've tried a few other things that require less time investment (less articles to write) and it has worked for me.

7. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I have been a Wealthy Affiliate member since 2007.

It is been very helpful to have a home base.
    Additionally, I have been introduced to some fantastic opportunities through the WA Buddy system.

This forum here is a goldmine for information too!

Victoria

8. WOWAustin

WOWAustin New Member

I was a member for a month before I realized that I could learn about affiliate marketing on other ways. Having said that, there was a lot of good information, especially in the forums.

9. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

mattjosh: Wealthy Affiliate is pretty decent. But I think that their method of bum marketing requires too much effort for success to occur. I've tried a few other things that require less time investment (less articles to write) and it has worked for me.
    Matt, it would be really great for the rest of us if you could elaborate a bit on what other things you tried that required less time.

10. Louem

Louem New Member

I am planning on joining wealthy affiliate myself. Everything I've found on it is nothing but good.

By the way... I have been in affiliate marketing for some time now so I guess it's never too late.

It seems that the more I learn, the more I need to learn.

Good Luck![​IMG]

11. snackorton

snackorton New Member

Unfortunately the amount of rubbish that plagues the search engines these days is as you know quite significant, and for the first few months I was exposed to so many dodgy areas like online gambling (with supposed special strategies for russian roulette), paid surveys and scammy "get rich quick" pyramid schemes that I felt I would never find anything that truly was capable of complimenting my desire to succeed.

12. bbray95

bbray95 New Member

Alot of good info. I am planning on looking into this "wealthy Affiliate" now.

13. mommakesmoney

mommakesmoney New Member

I have been a member of Wealthy Affiliate since November 2007.

The place is perfect to start out if you are new to affiliate marketing, but it also has a lot to offer for more advanced marketers.

Starting today they offer two types of memberships Gold and Platinum:

WA Gold Package ($47)

-Web Hosting (Up to 3 domains)
    -WordPress Express (Up to 3 Website Installations)
    -Keyword Tool (100 Searches Per Month)
    -1-on-1 Marketing Support (from both Carson and I)
    -Over 500+ training guides, videos, and tutorials
    -Exclusive Wealthy Affiliate Forum Access
    -24/7/365 members area access
    -Daily Training Updates
    -Access to our NEW WA Clubs (30 day action based clubs on various topics)
    -My Linker, our link cloaking tool
    -Rapid Writer, our article marketing tool
    -Step-by-Step Getting Started Course

WA Platinum UNLIMITED Package ???‚¬" $97

-Web Hosting (UNLIMITED domains, space and bandwidth)
    -WordPress Express (UNLIMITED Websites)
    -Keyword Tool (UNLIMITED Searches)
    -1-on-1 Marketing Support (from both Carson and I)
    -Over 500+ training guides, videos, and tutorials
    -Exclusive Wealthy Affiliate Forum Access
    -24/7/365 members area access
    -Daily Training Updates
    -Access to our NEW WA Clubs (30 day action based clubs on various topics)
    -My Linker, our link cloaking tool
    -Rapid Writer, our article marketing tool
    -Step-by-Step Getting Started Course

Hope the info helps,
    Vicky