Is why enough?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Dirk1116, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Dirk1116

Dirk1116 New Member

I thought I would write a quick post about having a big enough why. "why" meaning, why do you want to start your own business. Why do you want your own MLM business.

Your "why" is just 1 of 3 steps. How many networkers have heard the other 2?

Why is not enough. Without all 3, you will quit at the 1st bump in the road.

Here are the other 2 important pillars of success,

1 - What do you believe, do you believe in the safety of a job. On a job you get paid if you're new.
    You get paid if you've been on the job 10yrs. You get paid if don't do your best.
    Or do you believe in getting paid for results. Do you believe, new or old, you will find out what works, put in your best effort and make more than the boss will ever pay you.

2 - What type of work suits you. I don't like blood, so working in a hospital
    would be difficult. I know many people that just can't walk into a business and try and sell something. Outside sales pays very well because many people can't take the rejection.

So find a system that suits you, a "why" that pushes you and develop a belief that you can and will make it work.
  2. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Some great solid advice here! I think that if you have a strong why nothing will stop you.
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Having a strong enough WHY will keep you going when things are tough and they will get tough.

Many people quit when things don't go the way that they hoped. The one thing that always got me going when I got started was that I wanted to be my own boss. That was the biggest WHY for me even though I faces MANY challenges along the way.

For others, I know that everyone is different. You have to know why you got into "online business" in the first place.
  4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Having a big enough "why" is certainly NOT enough on its own to help you obtain success, but it is one thing that can keep you from quitting when the going gets really tough.

Your why can serve as the spark that...

- pushes you to try again when all previous attempts have failed​
    - prods you to create (or locate) a better, easier, faster and more reliable plan​
    - gives you the courage to overcome your fear and do something new ​
    - urges you to expand your knowledge base and sharpen your understanding​
    - directs your focus and keeps you on course​
    - cements your commitment to the pursuit​

In other words, your "why" can become the wind beneath your wings.

Hermas
    crisstar and Vishal P. Rao like this.
  5. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Your "Why" is your motivation, inspiration, and determination to pursue your goal in the mist of all challenges. You certainly need it and should identify it because the challenges to your goal will come. One of the biggest "tools" to go along with that "why" may be knowing that you can accomplish what your "why" moves you to do.

I took me 3 years to find that winning opportunity that took me to great heights, so one can't give up and must tweak and adjust until the goal is reached and success comes (it doesn't have to take 3 years :))
  6. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Why is not enough!

You have to WANT in bad enough to not quit.
    Everyone has a why, bills, new car, baby on the way, whatever.
    It takes a real desire and a goal that you want to achieve no matter what.
    Otherwise we just want and want forever without putting out the effort.
    If you want it bad enough then nothing can stop you from finding a way.
    Set a goal that motivates you to find the how and never give up.
    Vishal P. Rao and A8ch like this.
  7. TJ Reed

TJ Reed New Member

Very nice post!!!!

I couldn't agree more. Why can get you motivated to start and maybe even keep you going for a while. But, you need to enjoy what you are doing or you will never succeed in the long term.

I am actually not a network/MLM marketer. I work soley as an affiliate marketer, but the same rules and ideas apply.

The biggest piece of the puzzle that I feel people miss is this:

Nothing online is "Get Rich Quick". No matter if you work as an affiliate, MLM, network marketer or whatever, you need to BUILD A BUSINESS. This takes time and you need to be willing to constantly learn, and APPLY the new skills you learn.
    Vishal P. Rao likes this.
  8. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Like TJ, I am strictly an affiliate marketer, I sell products for someone else and I get paid for it. So does Walmart. I don't have a store, I have a website. WHY, because I can. How many times have you heard someone say they had an online business that never made money? I can't say that because I make money. I'm my own boss and I like it. I work hard, I work long hours and I do it for me. I don't have to work hard and I don't have to work long hours. I like it, I like putting the effort into me! Because that's what my website is, it's me, it's my online presence and I like me!
    TJ Reed likes this.
  9. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

It seems like I couldn't read this at a more appropriate time. Why, I think comes to the forefront of all our minds but some people just stop there with the why
  10. newbie2pro

newbie2pro New Member

I totally agree! Being your own boss because you like it and the importantace of you/me is the most important element to being successful:)
  11. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Thank you newbie2pro. We recently added a blog to our site and that has really helped, we get visits from all over the world everyday and that helps me with the why! That is why I do it to get visits from all over the world everyday and then use that to make money. We have a quality site and the best products and training. We only associate with people and companies that have a good reputation and credibility. That helps too. Like I said before, my website is my online presence and I like me!
  12. kellerbrianw

kellerbrianw Member

Excellent post!

You must have a passion for what you do and do it to the best of your abilities. You must want whatever you do to succeed beyond your wildest expectations--and find every way to make it happen. You must never--EVER--surrender to the idea to tossing in the towel. And, you must deliver more than you promised your client.

Reread the post above, and you'll have the passion for success daily!

Here's to your success!

Brian
  13. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

kellerbrianw, thanks for the nice words. I agree with what you said. We all have different reasons why, but in the end it's all the same as long as we succeed, for me failure is not an option!