It seems like it'd be easy...

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Jacks, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Jacks

Jacks New Member

It seems like itd be easy to get people to try something that's free especially if it could make them money. Why do you think most people won't give it a shot? If I know the reasons maybe it will help selling the idea to them easier.
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

If you are referring to the Text for cash biz, then there are several reason.

1) Not a proven business model for home income cashflow
    2) Not sure if it's legitimate
    3) Seen as an attempt to just collect cellphone numbers (and you ask for their birthday on the site)
    4) People don't want to be texted a bunch of ads, just like their email
    5) People don't want to refer others for the reasons above
    6) Historically, "Free" doesn't make people money in a networking biz
    7) No one has been paid, a.k.a. proof of it working

If you are not referring to that business, then similar things will apply to others "free" opportunities.
  3. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Probably the most common way for an opt-in is to offer a free course or report in exchange for their name and email.

Personally, I make it even easier by just asking them for their email.
  4. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Jacks, the rule of thumb is that everyone will put up a wall or be on the defensive even if you offer them something for free. You still need to build rapport/trust to some degree to find out if they are part of the group you should be marketing to. Also, to some people the offer of something for free may seem to devalue it. This is a psychological thing and it does'nt always apply. Hope this helps.
  5. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

People in general are programed to believe nothing comes for free. They are programed to believe if it looks to good to be true, it probably isn't true. Until you can reprogram a person's belief system, this problem will always remain.
  6. tmvmediaworks

tmvmediaworks New Member

Free always has a FLIP side, w.i.i.f.t !(what's in it for them)

If it's just to get your information with out offering anything of real value or help, it's a turn off(most programs are like this)

However if it DOES offer value or quality information that is both fair to both parties, then it will be more attractive.

If you can present in a easy to understand format HOW this will help both parties, You'll have a much better chance.

Rule of thumb: always offer more value then you seek for yourself.
  7. lymand

lymand New Member

You know I think some people think that there is nothing "free" in life and it makes them hesitant to accept that something is indeed free without some kind of catch. PeterFrosen's idea of offering a free report or e-book in exchange for their information is a good one.
  8. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Too many scams over the past decade especially when it comes to offers to make money online. People are already skeptical before they even click on your Free link. Build some trust in your audience before making the offer. The Internet is not just about SEO and page one of Google. Successful business models build trusting relationships with their customers and visitors. This turns into long-term income and priceless word of mouth advertising.
  9. taakinc

taakinc New Member

"Free" can imply that there might be a catch - we do see of course many that are able to overcome that and do look at what we do have to offer.

We also need to have a positive outlook on what we are doing day in and day out - View it as we are giving "Value" not just trying to get something out of these folks.
  10. gowriter

gowriter Member

Most people don't trust any biz opportunity online. My friend wasn't even convinced that getting paid to do surveys was legit, and that's been around for ages.

When you see things in the news like Wikileaks and hacking and viruses, people will be even less likely to trust opportunities to earn money online.

Strangely enough, they're willing shop online any day, entering credit card info and everything.

It's a trust issue. If you can prove you're getting paid and can build trust, they're more likely to join.
  11. ibuzzmentor

ibuzzmentor Member

You get what you pay for. It is all about providing value and benefit to customers and potential reps. The key is solving ones problem. A free program only attracts broke people who have no clue about business and that is surely something I want no part of!

Chris
  12. printisnotdead

printisnotdead New Member

People also believe that money is the currency of legitimacy and quality.
  13. jschuman

jschuman New Member

If everything is free how do we make money. That is what a rational person would think. I have made thousands of dollars referring paid survey programs, so I know there is a market for incentivized freebies.
  14. Marco Casario

Marco Casario New Member

Best thing is to find a brick and mortar business to do their SEO and rank their site on page 1 of Google. Their phones shall be ringing of the hook and will be retaining you for long term. I know it sounds too easy to be true and you will probably have to make a lot of quality backlinks but there's money to be made.
  15. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

I think FreeCashMan gave the best response.