just getting in

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by icely, Sep 20, 2007.

1. icely

icely New Member

Hello my name is William Gary, I just jointed a MLM company. I'm 21 years old and I really want to start and run my own business. The MLM company that I join has been around for 10 (or 9 years) and me a few other people are the only ones in Florida so we are at the very top in this MLM. The products that they offer are wonderful, the comp plan is great but the reason why i'm here is because I don't how to start growing my business.

I have introduced my mother to the products and she likes them, and I brought a friend of mines two products for her birthday and I've only been able to use the White Tea Body wash so far and I truely enjoy.

The problem I have is that I don't know many people and the going to an office complex trying to introduce them to your business seems like a waste of time (I did this yesterday) so what should I do to start getting my business going.

Should I just introduce my family to the products and have them use them and buy them from me and then hope that eventually that they will tell their friends and refer them to me on how to use the products.

The MLM wants me to focus on getting 4 people on my top level but I really want to move at lest $100 a month in products first (so that my backup order doesn't kick in).

all Tips & Advice is welcome.
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Sounds like you are off to a good start, but MLMs are extremely difficult to get others to join. One angle you could take is to try to find people who will buy the products, and if they like the products, you can try to get them to join the MLM.

You can also learn about how to market your business online - if you can learn how to market your product online, you won't have to worry about getting people to join offline. If you want to learn about internet marketing, I'd suggest checking out Wealthy Affiliate.
  3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Selling is not very difficult , if you can provide a product people want to buy
  4. catfly

catfly New Member

Reading and reading through forums will also help teach you the pros and cons of various types of marketing and peoples experience.

selling is all about helping people.... if you have the solution to their problem ( the cure for their pain) they will buy. So in the office situation how will buying your products help people/ can you take the pain away from shopping for gifts? especially guys!! have stories/examples of products their mother aunt sister girlfiend would love and then add that they can make money too...Im not sure what your biz is so my example may be off.
    good luck
  5. dreamy1

dreamy1 New Member

I haven't done this yet but am thinking about it. Do you have a flea market in your area? You could rent a table and introduce your products that way. You could give product demonstrations and have business cards and material to give to people to talk to others to get them to join.
  6. icely

icely New Member

me and my mother was talking and she gave me the flea market idea. My aunt now a massage therapist who might be want to buy my spa package.

My business sells products in the Wellness/ Health / Nutrition industry. My mother also gave me the idea of focusing on a certain set of the products and becoming an expert on those and then try to sell the other stuff.

[Link removed - Admin]
  7. BeAChampion

BeAChampion Member

Learn and discipline yourself to gain and acquire the necessary skills of how to market your MLM online.
  8. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

There are a LOT of people that are looking for a way to do exactly what you are doing...working for themselves and ownig their own business.Go to this website to get free training on how to aproach people about your business.. http://www.workathomeprofitzone.com

I have learned tons from teachings on this website and it's free to join - how cool is that!!

[​IMG]

Viola
  9. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Have you thought about creating a blog or a website? That way you don't have to walk around to promote your biz. I would also think that you could "meet" more people that way.

The health craze is pretty big on the net. You can also use a keyword analyzer to drill down and find less competitive keyword phrases that have a fairly decent amount of interest. Then you can use low cost PPC campaigns to drive traffic to your blog or your website.

Even better, you can advertise for free in several different ways. Just learn the basics about online marketing.

[​IMG]

Newbie Shield
  10. TacKev

TacKev New Member

The health and wellness industry is taking off all over the world. In my country, South Africa, we had a lady who used to sell health shakes to people on her street and then when she got asked how she made them, she sold the product.

But I agree with Newbie Shield - creating a blog or website is the way to go. If you can't afford the startup costs for a website then blogging is definately the answer.
  11. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

One thing is to not come across as selling, but to offer people something that could benefit them, without being pushy. Concentrate on your goals and you'll make it. MLMs can be difficult to build, but with alot of effort and persistance it can be done.
  12. Cenay

Cenay New Member

Something else you should do, is read Kim Klaver, who really is a network marketing guru. In fact, if you Google "Friends, Lies and Network Marketing" or Kim Klaver, you won't go wrong reading or listening to ANYTHING she has to say.

She will explain the real truth in what it takes to succeed in network marketing.

Good luck

Cenay'
  13. Pat Henderson

Pat Henderson New Member

William,
    There are plenty of free ways of educating yourself on strategies, successful entrepreneurs' website information such as Dani Johnson, etc.

Just learn how to develop your own talents and what your good at -right at your business, and it will in turn reward you. It's always a slow start the first 6 months you build it, like it was for everyone of us. Just have the patience, discipline, and don't take your eyes off your dreams and purpose. Literally --it's a good idea to post pictures of everything you will have and do once your wealth rolls in.

Most people fizzle out because they begin to tell themselves that everybody else who has become mega wealthy just got there because they knew somebody with the ultimate plan, or got lucky. This is not true. The way to keep this from happening is to stay positive -go over your goals twice a day, find a quiet, secluded place to meditate over what you will be doing specifically with a new house, car, luxurious getaway places, etc.

Hope that helped, William.
  14. stacy

stacy New Member

Christmas is a great time to give out "samples" of your product to people to stir their interest. If the products truly are wonderful, they will sell themselves. My mom used to sell diet pills and other nutritional products and she would give a 2 day supply as a sample and the people always came back for more. You could make small gift bags with samples in them. It could get costly, but it would definitley get the word out about your products. Just make sure you put your contact info on everything you give out. People tend to lose business cards, so my mom would stick labels on her sample packs.
  15. SQ625

SQ625 New Member

The trick to selling is make the customer believe that you are doing them a favor. The website idea would definitely help.