Just got de-indexed by google

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by pete76uk, Jul 1, 2012.

1. pete76uk New Member

Has anyone had experience in being de-indexed ? ,my gambling site has totally vanished losing pr2 and not appearing in google at all.

Ive read some posts and I think Ive fixed the issues - mainly redirects and no sitemap .Ive re submitted it to google and heard it can take weeks .

Has anyone else experienced this who can offer advice ?
  2. Check and see if you are indexed by simply putting url in Google search, start there. Being indexed is only half the problem, getting to the top of search engines is the real challenge, and it is a war trying to stay on top if you are lucky enough to get there.

As to topic, I use to be heavy into promoting gambling back when it first hit the internet and made a killing, but when gov. started to block all the merchant banking sites which connected to gambling sites, it killed the whole industry.

So when you mention you were de-indexed, that is a sign search engines don't like gambling topics, so this may be an issue very difficult to overcome. Good luck.

Success to all,
  3. Sum Yung Ho New Member

Hi Pete,

Sorry that happened to you.

I wouldn't "resubmit" to Google.

Don't ping it either.

Just keep fixing the site so that it's quality, useful info.

Don't use blog networks or anything that is known to game Google.

Do some guest posting on relevant blogs each week for a while.

That should bring you out of the sandbox in time.

Go totally white hat with your site and backlinks. Just think "ethical" and you should come out alright.

Sum Yung Ho!
  4. FredReed New Member

the best advice is starting a new site, because fighting with deindexing is waste of money and time.
  5. payment proof Member

Just don't give up. Keep adding new content to your site. Keep creating backlinks. Keep promoting on social media, etc.

And remember, there are other search engines out there. Google is not the only one that can bring you traffic. ;)
  6. jamess New Member

Don't worry just remove bad back links and put some fresh and unique content on your site. After some time you will get out of this problem.