JV online Giveaways

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by photolc, Nov 30, 2011.

1. photolc

photolc New Member

Hi

I just signed up for my first JV online giveway.

Has anyone tried this ? and had sucess with it ? I here it is a great way to build your list.

Is it better to always upgrade the account, so your link is at the top of the giveaway. I didn't this time, but it does look tempting.

Any advice would be good.
  2. gowriter

gowriter Member

Some people have had success with JV giveaways, but I haven't really. It is usually better to upgrade so that your gift is seen in the top.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I also have not had a lot of success here. But it seems to vary and I also didn't do the upgrade.
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

payment proof: and I also didn't do the upgrade.
    Would your income increase if you upgraded?
  5. jamesreilly

jamesreilly New Member

Do a few giveaways without doing the upgrade, the scripts are easy to buy now and to do the upgrade is not always the best, this will give you an idea of who the regulars are as well.

Lots of giveaways but usually the same people peddling the same mailing list.

Now when a big "guru" gets involved thats when you really suffer, they might have their name on the giveaway but that doesnt mean anything, they just have a team of people now who will promote like mad, dont forget its the owner and host that get ALL the signups.

Some scripts are good, the one from scott case is really good, others, well lets say you promote your butt off and get 249 signups, but you need 250 signups, then they will remove your gift, downgrade you and keep your signups.

I started building with the JV Firesale Automater script when it was released, i built over 13k list, took my domain to 35k on alexa but then everyone released giveaway scripts and they kinda do what IMers do, suck the life out of it.

DO NOT give the direct url to your product, this is for the upgraded members, which means they dont need to signup to your list to get your product, that defeats the object cause an upgraded member is better than a tyre kicker.

So ALWAYS send them to the lead capture page for the signup and the lead capture page for the upgraded direct download.

DONT give it all away.

You will see these settings in your backoffice.

Also use a gmail account and dont use your own account when joining, you will get bombarded with hundreds of emails so its best to use gmail so that you can either unsubscribe or just spam them out.

With your autoresponder try and make them confirm it via email so that they get the download, dont do a confirm and redirect to the download right away.

You can do lconfirm and redirect to a bonus with a message to check their email.

Try and give value on what you are doing, if you do this first time you will be a better marketer.

If you google giveaway events, open about ten of them randomly and you will see the same marketers, with the same products, people are lazy and will join and use the same products, infact there are sites out there that will autojoin you and use the same gift.

Not really effective is it.

The idea is to get yourself known, use your own image so that you are always branding yourself online.

Hope that helps a little

James