Ketosis Diet

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by UltimateWingman, Aug 29, 2014.

1. UltimateWingman

UltimateWingman New Member

I can search around other forums for this particular diet, but if anyone here knows a little more about this diet I would love to hear about it!

So far all I know is that your diet consist of mainly fatty foods, but just very very low carbohydrates, probably less than 5 grams a day

2. mbasa

mbasa Member

I've heard the same term being used to refer to the Atkins diet. Your diet will consist mainly of protein and fat, followed by veggies low in carbs (mainly green leafies). You cut out sugar and this means that for at least the first 2 weeks you will not consume fruit. I've tried it several times but I simply lack the willpower to see it through. I also worry about the high amounts of fat because my cholesterol borders on high

(Despite most success stories claiming to actually improve their overall health, I still can't get myself to do this type of diet)

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

If you have a Doctor, it might be a good idea to discuss any potential diets with them. There are some great diets out there, but there are also a lot of not so great ones.