Key to building a successful downline in any MLM

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by coreyjroman, Jul 24, 2005.

1. mstoolgal New Member

Hi Coreyjroman..
    Wow..you are a fountain of information!! [IMG] What excellent info you shared with everyone.
    Unfortunately, I did not find info on my problem. I started an MLM bsiness about 5 months ago. it is a wonderful product & very affordable for just about everyone. And something everyone needs & should have. I mean the average working people. The rich have their own.
    But I do not work so i do not have the contacts to make this work. I have bought leads & did not get even one new member. I was wondering, if I give you my email, can you contact me, so I can get your opinion on the company/product. I can give you my website to look at & get your opinion. i am ready to give it up. [IMG]
    And the other thing, my sponsor lives in a different state. he tries to be helpful as he can. And he has been successful in this, too.
    If you can, would you email me, please? at [email protected]
    Thanks in advance. B [IMG]
  2. mstoolgal New Member

Hi Jubu, [IMG]
    I read your recommendation to Enzies..when I went to enzines.com
    the website that came up waswriting.com. [IMG]
    Is that the correct spelling or is there another name to the website ?
    I need help, desperatley, to build my downline, as I don't work & have very limited contacts. But more important, I want to see as many people out there, get the membership.
    I sincerely believe in my product completely. That is why it is so frustrating !
    My product is needed by just about everyone, it is very affordable, very low monthly membership fee, less than a dollar a day. I have used it a # of times myself. I did not think i would ever need it, but it turned out I did need it about a month after I became a member. I would really, really appreciate it if you could email me the information. i also think everyone who saw my website would benefit from it. I'm sure you would agree with me, too.
    My email is [email protected]
    Thanks in advance,
    Betty C.
  3. web20mentor New Member

Are you using Social Networks like Myspace, Facebook, Youtube, Squidoo, etc.?

I have built my entire organization around my ability to master social marketing. It works. I don't spend a dime on advertising and people call me begging to get into my business. I tell you what. I am going to spend some time writing a thread that will give you the ABC's of using that. I hope it helps you. Hang in there! The reward is worth the struggle!

Sincerely
  4. paul10 New Member

Hello web20mentor,

Thanks for the informations,please i will love to know exactly how you do your social marketing in those sites you mentioned.please get back to me,i really need to get out of the level i am now to a better one.

hope to hear from you urgently.you can send me email here:p[email protected]

Thanks.

Paul.
  5. tiewkb New Member

I believe to success in any network marketing business is not difficult, well it takes effort initially but it is not difficult. It started with choosing the right MLM company (with excellent track record, selling the RIGHT product and it MUST be internet-based a.k.a netweb marketing). Next, is the marketing. Get consistent, hoards of traffic to your MLM site with opt-in system in place.

The other factor is to make sure the MLM opportunity monthly fee is affordable. Chances for ppl to join you is less if it cost an arms and legs. $10 - $30 is the best range.

Market it both offline and online to get the maximum exposure. Your job is to send as man leads as possible to your business website. The more leads you get, the higher and faster the chances for you to earn.

One more thing not to missed is the upport from your upline. Keep in touch with your sponsor and I believe he/she is going to lend a hand to help the best to enure your success.
  6. WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

Having read through this thread, there was some very sound advice, so I thought I would add to it.

How many companies allow you to sell yourself, and earn commission on your own sale to yourself? I have researched them all, and in every case, you either have to make a sale, or purchase yourself and your upline makes the commission, but how many will allow you to sell yourself?

I have seen them all, and I have never seen this before, and since most in MLM are no salespeople, this explains why most unfortunately fail in MLM. Sad fact, but most people are just not good salespeople, never mind how quickly they get turned off by rejection when they try to sell their friends and family. Has anyone been down this road before?

MLM is like any business, you have to work it, and you have to learn how to sell. When several people mentioned that their downline won't answer their emails or calls, this is typical as most do not want to be sold either. Bottom line, nobody likes to sell, and nobody like to be sold, so why are these same people attracted to MLM? Usually because of dreams of get rich quick, and then when it doesn't happen, they vanish, hence, the huge attrition rate of the industry.

If you really want to succeed, the one thing you have to overcome is fear of rejection, for when in any sales industry, rejection is expected, but the ones who become wealthy are the ones who don't quit. What I recently discovered is a company that understands this delemma of fear of rejection, and it is the first company I have ever researched which has the perfect solution, let people sell themselves. Yes, this is the secret to success for everyone, even the former quitters who gave up after the first NO.

Success is assured with this system, one that no one else has ever introduced, so it got my attention immediately as I research them all. Finally, a company that gets it. How ironic that no one has looked at the real problem with MLM, most hate to sell anything, even if it is a great product, it is usually overpriced in the world of MLM. Here is the opportunity to tell it, not sell it, so how many people can do this successfully? Everyone, and that is the point, no selling, no rejection, no fear, no one quits, everyone succeeds, try it and see for yourself, it is totally free, no fees, no purchase, no nothing, just tell it.

Good luck to all, Mike
  7. Couchie New Member

Hi,

Some really good advice here, I will check back often.
    It is good to be able to talk to people in the same position.
    Thanks for the great advice.
  8. kevin664 New Member

With MLM, people choose people.

Make your prospect think about joining YOU
    instead of your MLM company. Consider your
    MLM company as something in the background
    that you are going to use to help THEM realize
    their most fascinating dreams.

Within this industry, we must have a paradigm
    shift in our thought process. This means to build
    ourselves up instead of focusing on continually
    building up our company. After all, this is a people
    business.

Once you start doing this, you will start recruiting
    more people than you can handle.

- Kevin Tyler Smith
  9. De La Mente New Member

Also, alot of people entering network market business are quick up to hype up their warm market, or close friends and relatives. To truly be successful, you must be able to actively pursue a cold market effectively. Then usually your warm market will follow AFTER they have seen success of your plan.
  10. cybermommy New Member

I agree.In fact I make a point of not actively chasing my warm market.
    I choose to hit the ground and go after my cold market.
    It may seem odd,but in fact it works.
    My warm market have picked up on my success and come to me without my having prospected them.
    They don't feel like they are being railroaded and know this technique works for me.

Kevin,I also agree 100%.
    People choose people.
    It is imperative to build a reputation for oneself with integrity and hard work.
    Human beings are very perceptive.
    They know who is simply after a quick buck and who is in for the long haul [IMG]
  11. grnwealth New Member

I think most people are afraid to contact their warm markets. But your missing out on a huge database of people that can catapult you to fast success. The reason people fail and give up so quickly is quite frankly they dont believe in themselves and their business so then dont talk to warm market until they make it. But most never make it so their warm market is left to be closed by someone else who considers them cold market! Get the word out there, dont be shy!
  12. ilikemoney New Member

I definitely agree. I've done some MLMs in the past and its because I wasn't truly excited about the product that I could not get truly excited about the opportunity. Truth be told, I kind of forgot that I had a business! But when you've got something that is meaningful to you, and even better, something that you use and benefit from, it makes it impossible to forget the product. And it makes you want to talk to people about your business, which is what you have to do to make it grow. I just recently got involved with a company that, when I saw the product, I knew that I was going to have that for my family. The opportunity was really just a way for me to get it free! So I definitely believe that the product should be a focus and the rest will fall into place.
  13. Aspire New Member

grnwealth: The reason people fail and give up so quickly is quite frankly they dont believe in themselves...............Get the word out there, dont be shy

Very true - There is a virtual army of millions of people out there all grabbing hold of a dream to better their own lives and that of their family. The problem here is that no one has addressed their fears, reservations and inabilities.

Most get into a business and inevitably fail because they simply do not know what to do. Somewhere along the line, their guidance from upline has gone a little wrong and a weak leg has developed. The next thing you know, that weak leg is DUPLICATING the exact thing that makes it weak in the first place.

Inastar: The most important in MLM is exclusive and perspective product

Do you really think so? I use to think this way too and became frustrated with my growth. I use to say things like "Why didn't they join - cant they realise that this product is going to do ..........."

Having a great product helps, but I really think the most important thing in MLM is the people. After all, the MLM company is just a marketing machine for a quality product that usually can not sell well on the shelves of a supermarket. This is usually due to very low priced competative products that are half the quality.

When I changed my MLM business focus to helping people to realise their strengths and help them get their dreams, the world changed for me - and it will for you, in ways that you can only dream about.

Research this - you will find it right.

There is a quotation from a very successful man called Zig Zigler that I have put on a piece of cardboard and stuck to the wall in front of my desk above my phone. Every time I call someone I look at it - and it says.....

"You can have everything in life that you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want."

Regards
    Paul
  14. ericsu New Member

My 5 Basic Steps To Successful MLM

1. Educate yourself and increase your self-value as soon as possible

2. Establish your credibility with your knowledge

3. Give away your knowledge

4. Attract quality prospects

5. Train your downline to do the same.
  15. RayvinAndRob New Member

Hi there,

Great thread!

In matrixes you don't have to worry about building a downline. The spillover will do that for you. Isn't that nice?

But the topic isn't about building a downline. It's about building a SUCCESSFUL one.

What can you do - as a sponsor, as a leader - to ensure everyone in your downline is successful?

Afterall, you are only as successful as your downline is!

I don't like the word 'downline'. It's sounds so impersonal. These are people with families, hopes and dreams, with goals and plans for the future, with people who love them.

How much do you know about the people "downline" from you? Can you name their spouses and children? Do they have any pets, hobbies, aspirations?

We don't know of any better way to build a successful 'downline' than to build the people who are in it.

Or mentor is right. He never tires of repeating to us, "Build people and people will build your business."

Those words have become a mantra for us. May they help you transform your people as they have ours!

Many blessings!

Your friends,
    Rob Nyte
  16. PMHayes New Member

TheGuild: "Build people and people will build your business."
    I really like that one! I hope you don't mind, but i will use that in my blog. Business has never been about products, compensation plans, who has the best this or who has the best that and who doesn't. Business is about people, it has always been about people, plain and simple. Forget that, and you will fail. Remember that, and deal with people with dignity, and do your business with excellence and integrity, and you will succeed. Develop your people (they are YOUR people) and they will reward you by building your business. What you sew you shall reap. If you build them they will build theirs, and so on and so on, etc. Awesome pointRob and Rayvin! Like i said, if ok with you, i want to develop an article around that point for my blog [Link removed - Admin].

Mitch
  17. NewDreamBuilder New Member

Hi, I like this thread a lot. There is a lot of good info on it for new people. Here is my 2 cents:

1) The most important thing in being successful in any MLM is that you have fun and love what you are doing.
    2) While people DO matter, the product does too. When I signed up for my MLM, I had no intention of selling, I just wanted to get my products at a discount. I had done a couple of other MLM's, and did not have any success. This time was different, and these are the reasons:

-I love the products
    -They are reasonably priced so everyone can afford them. (I am talking about the only one of the MLM's I am involved with.)
    -The company is great and shares many of the values that I share
    -My Upline is AWESOME...BUT I did not know that when I signed up. It is a good idea to get a recommendation from someone.
    -The longer you are involved with the MLM, the better you will do. I have gotten MANY customers because their old rep disappeared. When people in the community know that you represent XYZ company, and they know you have been doing it for a long time, they will come to you.
    -The best advertizing $$$ I ever spent was on the magnets that I have on the doors of my van.
    -Customer Service Counts! I take great care of my customers, and they love me. (I put candy in my order bags, and give them a gift for big orders.)
    -Building a "Success Line" (I prefer that title to downline.)
    I used to sign up anyone who was even remotely interested in the business. I will still sign up anyone who asks, but I am not chasing warm bodies anymore. I really don't want to waste my time on people who don't want to work. I tell them all at appointment time that they can have as big or as small of a business that they want. I will help anyone who asks for my help. But I also tell them that I am LOOKING for 12 great people who really want to work hard and make serious money. Those 12 I will bend over backwards to help build a successful business. And I really watch the progress of my new recruits. I reward them in lots of little and some not-so-little ways. Over time, you build relationships with these people, you train them to be leaders, and you teach them how to mentor others. The best teaching that you can do is ALWAYS by your example. Be a great leader. Be a great representative of your MLM, and others will want to be you. Does anyone out there want to be Eeyore? If you are a positive, happy business owner, others will want to be you.
  18. successful2008 New Member

I agree, this thread is a good one. With any successful business, one first has to have the right mind set to make it work, meaning a very positive attitude & set goals. If you do these two things, you will go far. Being on this forum, I get to give great advice and also recieve the same. To all reading this, good luck at what ever you do.

To ytour massive success,
    Michelle
  19. cricfan New Member

ericsu: My 5 Basic Steps To Successful MLM

1. Educate yourself and increase your self-value as soon as possible

2. Establish your credibility with your knowledge

3. Give away your knowledge

4. Attract quality prospects

5. Train your downline to do the same.

something tells me you have read magnetic sponsoring mate [IMG]

well said, you hit the nail on the coffin...that's the secret to massive success in MLM or any other home based businesses...

the product hardly matters...
  20. successful2008 New Member

Actually, I am a member of that & I love it. I Live by a certain standard everyday & try to stay focused through out the day. Some days are better than others, I am a mother of a teenager & an 8 year old. Need I say more [IMG]

To your massive success,
    Michelle