Keyword density and index checker help!

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by srama3, Apr 16, 2009.

1. srama3 New Member

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if somebody could answer these 2 questions.

1. How many times per 100 words should we use our target keywords in our articles/ blog posts?

2. Is there any way to check if your article has been indexed and under what keywords?

I am currently having a bit of trouble with SEO, so if anybody could help me it would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

srama3[IMG]
  2. srama3 New Member

Hey guys, its me again (srama3)

I hope Vishal wont mind me pasting a link to one of my squidoo lenses here. It's one of the lenses that I can't seem to index. Well, I'm not getting any traffic from google anyway lol.

Can anybody tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Keyword: legitimate money online

url: http://www.squidoo.com/legitmatemoneyonline

Thank you.
  3. cherie27 New Member

Have you put your keywords in your squidoo tags as well?

The keyword density should be 3 - 4% of the whole article, if i remember it correctly.
  4. gridellas New Member

You can also get away with up to 6% of your article. The rule of thumb is one keyword for every 100 words in your articles.

One way you can optimize your lens is by putting a link in your introductory module that is your keyword.

You can also visit http://www.squidoo.com/easyboost
    This lens gives you some great tips on improving your lens.

You can also join in the squidoo forum and put your lens in the critque me section and ask from the giant squids. [IMG]
  5. samda Member

1) There is nothing like a formula in seo. All comes by practice. But I can say you can have 6-8 words per 100 words.
    2) It is difficult to see this one. If you want to check for your website it is easy. You have web analytics and web masters tools to get this data.

Thanks
    Sam
  6. Sweetestmiracle New Member

That is a great link Gridellas. I tend to refer back to it quite a bit[IMG]