keyword density in articles

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by karrydee, Oct 27, 2010.

1. karrydee

karrydee New Member

i hope some of you can share ideas. is there such thing as a seo writer? or is a writer simply a writer who must focus on content?

i mean, when i started 3 years ago, i was particular that keyword density in my articles were 5%. would this be considered keyword stuffing already?

thanks in advance for your replies.
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

The big thing is to create quality content, but also do a little keyword research. The most important part for SEO is your title - use a long tailed keyword phrase in your title, and try to repeat that phrase, if possible, a few times throughout your article - put the phrase in the beginning, middle, and end of the article.
  3. ZandD

ZandD New Member

I think that 'keyword stuffing' would be 8% or more - but there are two sides to using keywords. First you want search engine to like your article / copy. So your keywords shoud go as mentioned above -

in your title
    in the first sentence
    throught the article
    in the last paragraph, and
    in your anchor text

But you also want your readers to like the article and want to click through to your website / buy from you, so you can't just stuff yourkeyword in there!

I prefer to place my keyword in the article several times. Once it's written I go back and make sure the keyword placement is seamless. It needs to look like it naturally fits in there - as if it want even a keyword. If it looks live I've used it too much, I will replace the keyword with something similar, or I will re-arrange the order of the individual words in the longtail keyword or I will use sinonyms.

I don't worry about keyword density anymore, I just make sure the keywords are in the right places and that it is readble without stuffing.

hope this has helped!
  4. shiz101

shiz101 New Member

i agree with the guys above, scatter the keyword throughout the article (in titles and a few times within the body of the writing) but make sure it's quality content. People will only click through your links if they are interested in what you have to say. 5% keyword density seems reasonable, but i Know ezine articles keep it to about 4% Anybody know if that makes a big difference in whether your articles get indexed for your particle keyword?
  5. jazbo

jazbo New Member

There is no such thing as keyword stuffing or keyword density anymore in terms of search engines.

google does not take into account anymore. Latent semantic indexing, topical relevance etc are key now.

So just know your keywords and related terms and then weave them in naturally.
  6. Justine

Justine New Member

It won't also be a tragedy if use your keyword phrase only once or twice in the whole article.

As others mentioned, quality content and by that I understand: interesting, readable, useful, beneficial content for the readers is the key. Recently Google and Bing informed that they calculate in their algorithms what is going on Facebook and Twitter, how many times your articles were shared and by how many different people, also who follows you and whom you follow.
    Make sure, others want to share your articles[​IMG]
  7. treevee

treevee Member

I usually follow the 2% "rule" -- i.e. in a 400 word article, I place the main keyword phrase 8 times. If it doesn't look natural, I use another good keyword phrase (that's close) or rearrange the words to look more natural and better readability.
  8. onedumbaussie

onedumbaussie New Member

I write SEO articles all the time, It is important to use your keyword in the article and make sure it makes sense.

NO ONE knows for sure the magic percentage as there is not one, you need to provide a quality article with original content.

Remenber that a machine checks your article not a human so you need to make sure the machine sees your article as relevent to the keyword, the only way to do this is to use the ketword in the article.

zand has hit the nail on the head with placement, follow that rule and you will be fine.

If your struggling just freelance the work out, many great seo writers available for peanuts

Good luck

ODA