Keyword Selection

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by rohnsmith, May 24, 2010.

1. josaphlewis

josaphlewis Guest

Finding a keyword that is related to the website that I will build after going to Google keyword tool is the first thing to be done.

2. seesan

seesan New Member

To be successful in online marketing, you must write
    your articles, blogs and website texts to reach highly
    as possible on the search engine results page.
    With this goal in mind, write your copies, by using the
    most popular keywords for your product and services.

3. Keyword selection is extremely important to your overall SEO.

That being said, adding some LSI Keywords to the equation will make your content appear more organic and natural to the search engines and is an easy way to improve your ranking.

You can find the LSI keywords easily using the Google Wonder Wheel.

To your success,

Mike

4. MartinJames

MartinJames New Member

when you start any journey you must have goal to achieve, where you want to reach. In SEO keyword selection is starting point of your journey and your goal is to get your keyword on top of search engine so that its brings organic traffic towards your site.

5. coltenrose

coltenrose New Member

Choosing the right set of keywords is an important aspect of search engine optimization or SEO. If you do not know who should be integrated into your website, you will not be able to direct visitors to your website and improve their rankings in search engine results pages.

6. organic24

organic24 New Member

Rich search volume and low competitive keywords could get better result in keyword selection.

7. jedwinvellore

jedwinvellore New Member

Keyword is an absolute must. I could see the difference in my site. I started off writing random articles, but just a basic search of the best words that users search gives a great push to the traffic you get.

8. katereber

katereber New Member

Keywords selection is one of the most important and basic aspects of your online business is the keywords you choose to define and promote your website with.
    Keywords should be selected with the most targeted selection possible. They are the base of your entire website content.

Remember: in the bottom line we insert only several words while searching in the search engines, we usually insert the keywords which will provide us with the most targeted results for our query, that's why your site should have targeted keywords.

9. stesnees

stesnees New Member

Keyword selection is probably THE most vital part of SEO. Get this wrong and you may well stuff your whole campaign up (trust me I learned the hard way!)
    Use Google keyword tool to find the amount of searches and tick the 'exact' box whilst doing it.
    To find the competition for a chosen keyword I personally use 'Traffic Travis' (free version, search Google for it) It will show you the top 10 or 20 sites with your chosen keyword and give you a better idea what you are up against regarding page rank and backlinks etc.

10. loner44

loner44 New Member

When you think "SEO", "keywords" is the closest analogy that should come to mind. Like in an SAT problem:

SEO : keywords :: platoon: soldier

A great keyword from SEO standpoint is the one that meets the following golden mean:

1. high search volume (lots of users "Google" this keyword)
    2. low competition (number of websites optimizing their sites for the same keyword)

This golden mean is defined as KEI, or Keyword Efficiency Index, and is calculated by both Market Samurai and Rank Tracker from SEO PowerSuite, though for keyword research I give preference to SEO PowerSuite for its great reports and a variety of keyword suggestion techniques not available by MS (at least not at the moment).

11. aniket

aniket New Member

keyword research is the life and blood of SEO......google loves ur use of keywords.....put it in your title...put it in your starting line.....try to choose long tail keyword may be above 5 words .....also while searching for ur competition always put your keyword in speech marks and then search...just added my 2 cents....[​IMG]

as said by stesnees use free version of traffic travis...its something which shudnt have been given free !!!!!

12. aivilvin

aivilvin New Member

Wow! This topic/conversation has very interesting 'keyword'-the keyword itself!

Keyword is the KING Of All words including-Google Search, SEO, Traffic[​IMG]

Google Keyword tool is a very potent tool ,though it doesn't provide you very specific/deep knowledge about a particular keyword. Market Samurai has the all keys needed to unlock a keywork!!
    Thanks to all for sharing your views...enjoyed it.

13. starintsky

starintsky New Member

Keyword search brings out your creativity and then you enter the competition and then you realize how there are so many people with brilliant ideas for phrases like yours but yet it is the competative spirit what keeps you going and it feels gooood because you can do it with your unique style. goood.[​IMG]

14. yasser

yasser New Member

try to find keywords of an average 8000 global monthly search volume. they will be easy to rank

15. aivilvin

aivilvin New Member

I think both things should be taken into account while going for keywords research:

1. The number of global monthly searches for that particular query
    2. The competition for that particular keyword.

Go for the keywords where #1 is high whereas# 2 is low [​IMG]

16. Excellent point aivilvin, keywords with a big traffic draw and little competition from others - using those keywords is the perfect SEO combination! Of course, offsite backlinks is the number 2 consideration after a well written page. [​IMG]

17. Kris M

Kris M New Member

I am good in choosing keywords for my own niche sites. For my clients, selecting keywords is harder especially if they are not cooperative.

18. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Also don't be scared to invest into a keyword for the future. One that may not be getting search results today, may be blowing up a year from now.

Example, a heavy hitter marketer creates a product. It's not widely known. As it spreads over the internet, gets branded, the search for it's title increases every day. What makes you zero today, may surprise you 6 months from now.

A lot of my income comes from keywords I put in place over a year ago that Google just seemed to find.

19. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

Keyword is very important in SEO,if you didn't select the right keyword then you may not know where you started and where you are going to finish.

20. jamess

jamess Member

Keyword selection is most important thing because search engine gives weightage in search results..