Keywords????

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by ripley607, Nov 12, 2008.

1. ripley607

ripley607 New Member

Hi Everyone.

I'm finally starting to put a blog together after reading and reading on profit lance and this website.

However, i'm still not sure where to add keywords to my blog so that search engines could find it easier.

Do I manually enter the keywords somewhere in the blogs HTML? or do I add my keywords to the bit that says "LABELS" when edit my posts.

Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]
  2. stevieboy66

stevieboy66 New Member

Hi

If you're using an HTML package to build your blog then you will see the keywords in a metatag at the top of the page like this:

On the other hand, if you are using Wordpress, then make sure you have the "All In One SEO" plug-in installed and you can then enter the keywords there.

Steve
  3. chrisg942

chrisg942 New Member

Hi Ripley,

Normally what i do is come up with a list of keywords or keyword phrases like this: (to make it easy i'll use online business keywords)

online business, home business, home based business, internet business

What i do is try to right an article, blog, or whatever your writing, and add one keyword or phase to each paragraph.

So i have 4 keywords, thats a 4 paragraph article, with maybe a introduction and finishing paragraph.

I hope this helps you out.

Chris
  4. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I tell everyone this one little trick if you're promoting an item or a concept.
    Do not use the words, IT, they, the program, or any words identifying whatever you're selling or promoting. Instead use the anem or keyword.

For instance here is an article abut Pimple Cream Deluxe.

Pimple Cream Deluxe deluxe is an awesome product with many featurs IT helps keep your pores clean and free of junk. Other pimple creams claim to do what IT does but only Pimple Cream Deluxe Delux delivers.

if you change the ITs to Pimple Cream Deluxe you'll be ok so long as you don't over do it. Because puttting to many Pimple Cream Delux in there and search enginges will just see your stuff as spamming.

i think the going % of keywords is 4% per page as a good gauge.

But this little trick can keep you from having to drag an article or page on forever to simply have your keywords show up.

And for blogs ALWAYS work your Pimple Cream Deluxe into the title...always.
  5. Mr Ed

Mr Ed New Member

There are several places where you can and should put keywords. These included putting keywords in the title tag, description meta tag, keyword meta tag, heading tags, alt tags, hypertext links, and of course, in the content of the website. There is a great article about this found at http://www.isitebuild.com/keywords2.htm.

I hope that helps![​IMG]
  6. jetlis

jetlis New Member

I think this whole system is a scam. I have been working on this constantly for months and can't get anything to cooperate. The hoplinks don't work with Clickbank for one.
  7. Twrestler07

Twrestler07 New Member

first off jetlis you need to contact someone. my hoplinks work fine and so do thousands of others. start a forum question about it. i don't know enough to help other than telling you to get help from someone who can.

I use many of the similar techniques used here, but my favorite is: once i have a great title, i find 15-20 synonyms and try to plug as many as i can into the first two or three sentences... while keeping the article relevant to the title. it's a little bit of a challenge but a great way to start an article if you got the "writers block"
  8. jetlis

jetlis New Member

Thanks for the support. I'm just at wits end and sometimes I feel real stupid even though I'm a college grad. I spent 4 mos in the Cleveland Clinic last year and nearly died, so I have lots of medical bills. I will keep plugging along though and maybe find someone to help me. Thanks!
  9. ripley607

ripley607 New Member

Ok, now that my thread has been hijacked can we get back to my original subject?

First off, thanks for the replys, much appreciated but it still doesn't really answer my question about blog "labels" what are they used for?

Reason i'm asking is because i've put metatags in the blogger code and posted the blog on tuesday morning but i still can even find my blog in google even if i type the exact keywords in.

I know my first blog is crap and unfinished but i would have thought that google would have seen it by now.

My blog address is http://computer-buying-advice.blogspot.com

Could someone here have a look and see if i've done something wrong why google isn't seeing it?

Thanks again.
    [​IMG]

[Post edited - Admin]
  10. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Ok first have you verified your site with google and had it indexed? In your setting tab of blogspot there is a dropdown button as well that asks you If you'd like google to be able to see your site, make sure that is set up.

You should definitely get google webmaster to help get you indexed in google. After you do that, go back into blogspot and create a feed at feedburner for your blog....I would use ATOM not RSS. I could never get google to see the RSS feed.

Once you do that you're going to go back into your webmaster tool in google and use that feed to index your site.

After that google will start to find your site on its own.

You're in a pretty tough market though so don't be surprised if you first end up on page 234. Continue updated and updating after each new post at PINGOMATIC.com.

After that get to writing good keyword rich, informative articles.
  11. ripley607

ripley607 New Member

Hi opendomain.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
    Your advice is great but it shows how much I haven't done yet.

First, my blog address wasn't verifed yet so i did it. there was 1 exclamation mark though. (i think because theres no sitemap or something)

Then I created a feedburner account but the bit i don't understand is where you said....

"Once you do that you're going to go back into your webmaster tool in google and use that feed to index your site."

you know what... i don't even know what feedburner is or does so forgive me for coming across as prehistoric.[​IMG] i'll have to do some reading.

I think i've created a "feed" because when i login my feed title is there. when i click on edit feed theres 3 info bits... feed title, original feed, feed address.

which address do i add to the webmaster tool - the original feed or the feed address? as there both different.

Thanks again.
  12. opendomain

opendomain New Member

I know the feeling the first time I created a feed I was lost. In fact I really don't use them to be honest other than as a sitemap...which is more what I was getting at.

You should be able to see your sitefeed info as an http. Probably something like http:// feeds.feedburner.com/YOUR SITE NAME.

Well what you're going to want to do is on your blog go to your setting tab and then to the Feed section and copy past that into your feed.

And then you'll want to go back into your webmaster in google and go to add a general sitemap I believe you'll only need to add "feeds/posts/full" portion.

Hit submit and you'll know right away if you did it. Sometimes it takes time for the feed to register but after 10 mins if it's not accepting it then something went wrong.

Hope that helps[​IMG]