Landing page on replicated websites

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Metro Mini, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Metro Mini

Metro Mini New Member

Hello all

My question is; Is it possible to have a landing/lead capture page on a replicated website?

I want to ask my network marketing company for a replicated website, but in order to follow up on my leads, I was also hoping to add a landing page before the viewer enters the main site. I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help me out.

Many thanks

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Generally speaking, no. The replicated site belongs to the company and is the same for everyone.
    You can get your own domain and use it to capture leads before sending them to the company.
    Having your own website allows you to test and tweak it for your targeted audience.
    You can create multiple landing pages targeting different keyword searches.
    Promote your own pages instead of the company's non unique page.
    Provide your own unique view of their products or services.
    Of course you should check the company's TOS first.
    Some allow it, some prohibit using your own.

3. Glenn Hall

Glenn Hall New Member

Metro mini.... There are lots of free/cheap services that you can use to create a "squeeze page". This is the page your lead gets to before seeing your company replicated website. People like to do business with people they know, like and trust. It is a good idea to use a squeeze page generator that allows videos to be embedded. Since your lead probably knows the company name, they will be expecting to see a corporate, almost sterile website. When they encounter your website with personal touches and a video introducing yourself you will have instant credibility and you will be light years ahead of other fellow distributors.

Good luck!

4. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Well I agree with you completely. Using only a company replicated page or site is a bad, bad, bad idea.

In the off-chance someone doesn't know why I will explain:

1) You need to develop a personal relationship with your prospects - before they reach the company site.

2) When you have your own capture page where people subscribe to your newsletter etc you stand out from the others that haven't, it builds your brand and your credibility.

3) If the company falls over, as many do, you still have an email database (list) to promote anything you choose too.

Now I know that email open rates are declining (17% , and rising through spam filtering etc , don't even get to see your emails) and that it's hard for many people to form a trusting business relationship by email but it's still better than just dumping your prospects on the companies page and building the companies list.

I still have three email lists but what I've found more effective by a long chalk is getting people optin by sms text of their smartphone or other mobile device. Fully 99% of people who optin by sms open your msg immediately and the 2 way instant communication quickly builds a relationship.

Then I just drop them into one of the many targeted, high converting, sales funnels I have and good things happen :) (for them, and for me) It's probably why my conversions, recruiting and sales, are so high.

5. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

What works for me is having a blog where people can learn about my opportunity and also learn about me, what my personality is like and most importantly How I can help them.
    I then have a link from my blog to my capture page.

In my opinion there isn't a big chance for someone to join just by going directly to your capture page.
    If they do that they will probably watch the video, close the window and look for a review on Google at most. If they do this they will then join the person whose review and website/blog they liked best

6. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Really? Then why are my team enjoying conversions to sale of over 50%? (1 in two people are buying or joining)

Your statement may be valid for someone who's not using a SaaS/SMS Sales and Recruiting platform but in my case when they optin originally they are tagged to me for life (not by cookie, but by an entry in the platform database) so it doesn't matter where they go, the reviews they read etc, or who's link brings them back, they are still mine as the first referrer.

A nice way of making sure the 'heavy hitters' don't get an advantage over the less well known newbie.

7. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

I'm guessing they are opt in as they enter their phone number into the system?
    The problem with that is that people are afraid to enter that type of information into a capture page without first building a relationship with the person who owns it.

Network Marketing is about building relationships which is why I recommend having a blog/website where prospects can learn a little about you then ease into the capture page instead of just being directed straight to a capture page were they are asked to put in their personal details.
    Blogs/Websites can also be optimized for search engines but capture pages can't...

In all honesty, I personally would never enter my number into an MLM or affiliation capture page but if other people are doing that then that's good for you I guess :p

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  8. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

You are correct in your assumption, but incorrect in as much as reluctance hasn't shown itself to slow down my rate of growth or profitability, or anyone in my team come to think of it. Some back off of course (I assume) but they are just disqualifying themselves (which is good, life's too short to waste it on unqualified people) and that leaves gazillions of potentially high quality, serious, partners to give value too.

9. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

The problem with replicated websites is that you get an affiliate link with a "forward-slash" in the URL. One way around that is to register your own domain name and to use "mask forwarding" to hide the affiliate link.

10. liverbird

liverbird New Member

Its always better to get your own domain name and mask it via forwarding as you need to stand out from everybody else good luck

11. Syll Onajobi

Syll Onajobi New Member

Yes, you can register your own domain name and mask it in a forwarding.

Here is a sample in my signature: TrevoWebsite dot com

12. Yury

Yury New Member

There is a very good wordpress plugin called Epic Squeeze that created stunning landing pages in about 5 minutes. You can use that to create your landing page and redirect them to your offer upon them opting in.

There is also another one called UberOptin

Hope this helps

13. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Active Member

Agreed, never use replicated site, always get your own domain name, promote it, then forward it to your sqeeze or capture page, then forward onto your affiliate replicated site. This way if the company goes under, then you simple use the same domain with new business which means your domain gets aged, and more hits which will drive it up organic search results, key to success.

Success to all,

payment proof and A8ch like this.