Landing Page Tip

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by LindaSweetfield, May 5, 2010.

1. LindaSweetfield New Member

Hey guys. I am a fanatic for testing my opt-ins and tweaking my LPs, to an unhealthy degree perhaps[IMG] however I Ihave found that my opt ins increase substantially when I don't ask for a first name, in other words just the email address. I surmise that people don't like giving out there first names, perhaps its too personal in this medium, however they will give out their emails. A strange one, to be sure but I have split tested this and its true, opt-ins increase. My list is about 50k at the minute so I plan to soley use LPs with only mail opt-ins for the next few weeks and graph my rates against what I would normally expect to see. I will keep you posted if anyone is curious
  2. advertise New Member

Please do keep us posted. I have tried both, but to tell you the truth I have never paid attention. It will be interesting to know if what you are saying is true, although I happen to see more and more people using their real names online, so its odd!!!
  3. FreeCashMan Active Member

It may depend on the content of the page. The key issue is are you getting more conversions from the no name opt-ins?
  4. LindaSweetfield New Member

Hi guys, thats an excellent question and one I am researching at the moment, will marginally less commitment by a prospect lead to reduced sales. From my very initial observations there seems to be no related decline in sales. Now, there may be other variables involved, as I say I have a large list but I treat them very well, infrequent mailings, no ad swaps, no rubbish, low cost quality offerings that work only etc so it may be a combination of things. Its too early to tell but I plan to observe this over the next six weeks and report with a set of quantified results
  5. gingerva Guest

FreeCashMan: The key issue is are you getting more conversions from the no name opt-ins?
    More people may optin with just an email but what is the conversion rate and what quality are you getting?

What I have been told is full name with an email address gets better conversion and a higher quality. Let us know how it goes...

Ginger Hogue
  6. LindaSweetfield New Member

The tests continue...[IMG] I will keep you all posted though
  7. talfighel Silver Member

Don't change your system too much all the time. You want to tweak it here and there when you first start out in order to get better opt in conversion rates but once you have a system in place that is converting for you, don't change it all the time.

I would suggest that you ask for a name too because when you do follow up with your opt ins, it is much more effective and professional to address them by their first name.

Tal
  8. StephenClark New Member

Yeah, I'd like to hear your results. I've always asked for a name, but never thought otherwise just cause my optin rate is pretty high.
  9. gragerronald New Member

i dont think that method is bad...if you are good conversion by doing that....then go for it....
  10. cjmo75 Guest

I think this is an intersting phenomena. I definitely would agree that people are wary about giving their names out in todays day and age of internet scamming and identity theft.
  11. LindaSweetfield New Member

I will post back on this particular topic in a weeks time, just conducting the last of a number of tweaks and tests
  12. mary45 New Member

Hello

Linda please post your landing page tips. And anybody else who has some good advice for getting more opt-ins.

I'm just starting to learn how to get a targeted list of prospects.[IMG] [IMG]

thank you

Mary
  13. LindaSweetfield New Member

Perhaps we should start a thread and pool all of our landing page/conversion tips? Anyone think thats a good call?
  14. cjmo75 Guest

I've been building blogs as landing pages lately and I have to say the results have been good. I've been using free Blogger blogs.

I always use the "Minima Stretch" template and eliminate the Blogger nav bar first.

I then use Gimp (free image editing program) to create a headline that is similar to the headline of the sales page. I put only 1 post on the home page and this is in the form of a sales letter (pre sell).

I include a video or two that's relevant in the sidebar and usually add about 10 PLR articles that I backdate and put links to them in the sidebar as "helpful articles". I use the articles to add some affiliate links in.

Another cool thing to do is create a Clickbank hop text ad and put it in the sidebar. This can generate some extra sales.

I think it's a pretty good alternative to paying for hosting and if you wnt you can even get a free CO.CC domain and make it easier to advertise your landing pages using PPC.
  15. Data1 New Member

I would question the sincerity of someone being reluctant to leave their first name. They are very paranoid and would be reluctant to sign up for any offer anyways. Unless I see some valid vindication of emaill only, i'll stick with first name and email. As someone said, the personalization of responding with their first name is a big plus.
    Good luck and looking forward to your test results. Bill