LATEST RESEARCH INDICATES SUPPLEMENTS ARE Of LITTLE TO NO VALUE?

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by FREEBUSINESSES, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Interesting,

A recent French six year study indicates that taking vitamins and supplements offers no more protection against illness than those taking placebo.

With the supplement industry being a multi-billion dollar anual business, never mind the home business industry accounting for a few billion, what will this do to your business in the future given the recession is already taking a big chunk out of the industry.

Wealth Without Health Is Worthless,
  2. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

This French study should list its research subjects. Not all products are created or processed equally. This is what we need to educate our public on. When this is done, it benefits both. It's quite a task!
  3. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

As long as there are MLM companies offering vitamins, these will only boom. It is not going anywhere.

If you have the potential to buy $200 of monthly supplements from the MLM company and earn $100,000 per year, would you do it? Many people will and it will grow each year whether people really need vitamins or not.
  4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Without knowing all the content and context of this "study" I can say that on the surface it's assine.

That statement is supported by the massive of individual testimonials that people have formally made based on getting added effective and proper supplements and nutrients into their body because it certainly is not in today's doped up and processed foods, often cooked in microwaves.

Now, if the study showed that its a waste because pills do not get fully dissolved and absorbed in the body than I can see the point, thus why I like chews4health products, however, outside of that the surface of that statement that has been shared is ridiculous.
  5. Elysium

Elysium New Member

FREEBUSINESSES: A recent French six year study indicates that taking vitamins and supplements offers no more protection against illness than those taking placebo.
    Thanks for sharing. I've been seeing this get mentioned kinda often. I wonder why so many 'studies' are on the attack of supplements lately.

Were they saying vitamins are of little to no value as a whole, or only that it offers little against illness? Did they mention what vitamins were used in the study?

RICH4NURICHE: Not all products are created or processed equally.
    Exactly. There are your everyday "bedpan bullets" that the body can't absorb for beans, and then there are supplements that are made to break down much easier. I personally see a definite difference when I take supplements.

There are some bogus, so-called 'vitamins' out there... maybe that's what they used in their study, lol.

~Annette
  6. Elysium

Elysium New Member

Just wanted to share this recent article where they are giving supplements to lab mice...
    with some interesting results.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2011/12/28/aging-longevity-chasing-cures.html

"It might be possible to cure aging, say scientists who've found that lab mice get smarter and more agile as they age when fed a mix of nutritional supplements."

"If you put them on a supplement, they actually learn better as they age," Rollo said. "They still don't live much longer but their brain function is remarkable."

"The supplemented mice maintained their memory function in tests, such as remembering a familiar object. Their learning abilities were like those of very young mice, he said. Mice of the same age that were not supplemented behaved in lab tests like a frail 80-year-old woman."

The article includes videos along with a list of the 'supplemental cocktail' ingredients that are given to the mice.

~Annette
  7. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Good stuff. However there are People and Powers in the Pharmaceutical companies putting out misleading propaganda in order to keep you on your daily death drug "walk" (a.k.a. dead man walking).

If you ain't got Health, you ain't got "anything". This is can help explain why health and wellness opportunities have been top in the networking home business industry.
  8. Yauchnd1

Yauchnd1 New Member

FREEBUSINESSES
    As a pharmacist, I will take some of these study interpretations with a grain of salt as there are so many variables in these studies to draw conclusions. What vitamins where they evaluating, how was it evaluated etc? Also, man is not a big rat [​IMG]
  9. BabyStepsMama

BabyStepsMama New Member

I agree with the pharmacist, also with some other responses, because quality, the way the product is processed, the way it enters into the system etc... all have an impact.
  10. ginene

ginene New Member

I believe vitamins and fresh fruits and vegetables are one of the natural healers for the body. I think people attack vitamins because they will lose money in the drug prescription world.
  11. Yauchnd1: As a pharmacist, I will take some of these study interpretations with a grain of salt as there are so many variables in these studies to draw conclusions. What vitamins where they evaluating, how was it evaluated etc? Also, man is not a big rat

Agreed,

This was the first long term human study over a six year period, and involved the basic supplements, vitamin, C, B's and E, as example, so it was more credible than most I research. After all these years there is still debate on synthetic to natural as being best, so in time I am sure we will know the truth, not want the FDA wants us to believe, never mind all the false supplement information being promoted, so time will tell.

Wealth Without Health is Worthless,
  12. Elysium

Elysium New Member

Yauchnd1: Also, man is not a big rat
    Tell that to the pharmaceutical companies.

Many things that are beneficial for one species can be beneficial to another. I'm just happy to see when natural products are considered in research - especially when little creatures are involved.

ginene: I believe vitamins and fresh fruits and vegetables are one of the natural healers for the body.
    Aye. I sure have seen some great results with this personally.

~Annette