Learned from my mistakes

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by marcromero, Sep 15, 2011.

1. marcromero

marcromero New Member

The best/worst industry in the world to be involved in is network marketing. The rewards that can be reaped are so bountiful but at the same time getting to those rewards can make you pull your hair out and what little hair you do have left is going to be a light shade of gray at best.

I remember when I first learned of this industry, the sleepless nights, the ear to ear smile, eyes, mind and heart filled with BIG DREAMS. I just knew I was going to "kill this thing"........so what happened.

Well for one thing I didn't have enough belief in myself to fight my way out of a wet paper sack. My thoughts were negative, and every no just killed me inside. I was taking this way to personal instead of treating it like a business. I was also WAY to scatter brained, and never really stuck to or mastered one way of generating leads at a time. Instead I'd try one thing one time, if it didn't bring immediate results I was off looking for the next magic button. I jumped from company to company not realizing that the answer to my struggles what not a new company but a NEW ME.

I drove my wife insane over the course of about 13 years to the point she DID NOT want to hear about another business and looking back I completely understand why. I wasted thousands of dollars on leads and system and everything else you can think of that was supposed to help me make that money. I was so obsessed with making money that all my thoughts all day long revolved around what can I do to make this thing work. I became very depressed because nothing worked.

I HAD to take some time off from network marketing to get myself together. I'm so glad that I did because not I am more focused and have learned from my past mistake. I'm taking this bull by the horns now and the only thing that can stop me is ME.
  2. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Personal development is a necessity in this industry. Good for you!
  3. aniket

aniket New Member

hey marcromero...grt u made this post [​IMG] ....makes others realize that there is no quick rich scheme..

everyone who enters in this business feels that he can go for the kill.....

but as time passess and new hurdles show up its the toughest who survives...

all the methods demand time and effort else money...

consistency is the key in IM....

one who takes actions daily eventually starts to see results...it may takes months before a penny is made...

hopping from one method to another doesnt work as marcromero said...

Regards
    Aniket
  4. AllanJames

AllanJames New Member

Hmm.. I know how you feel because I felt the same way too. One of the things I'm immensely grateful for was that this industry awakened me to the power of ongoing personal development.

It was Amway tapes and seminars way back then, and later my relationship with the late great Jim Rohn that turned my thinking around 180 degrees and abundance (in all areas of my life) was the result.

Oh, and I have to give credit also to Shad Helmstetter! His book 'What to say when you talk to yourself (still available on Amazon) silenced, and replaced, my deeply ingrained negative self talk.
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Personal development is a MUST in this business. If your attitude SUCKS then your business will suffer. Sure you can sponsor a few people but you will not succeed long term. They will become like you.

If you are looking for winners in your team then talk to yourself that you are a winner and that you are sponsoring winners into your team.

Write down stuff like:

I am earning $xxxx per month.

I am a winner.

I am determined.

I will do what ever it takes.

I am persistent.

I will face any setback and overcome it.

I am a leader.

Make it a DAILY thing to read motivational books and listen to audio.
  6. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Member

You need to stay positive!
    I listen to audio books in my car everyday to help me stay motivated. I also have a 'dream wall' and a list of places I want to visit using my company.

You can do it! It's hard! But you can!
  7. Rob Fore

Rob Fore New Member

Over the years I must have spent tens of thousands to buy the latest get rich quick deal and to buy into at least six different MLM companies. Probably the most expensive was a $15,000 in water filters to buy into a higher comp plan.

But as Marc shared... my self-image and self-worth... was yet ready to do anything.

The difference that made all the difference for me (today we have a team of over 11,000 active distributors worldwide in one company and a team of over 8,600+ in yet another) was when I found my CRITICAL, EMOTIONAL REASON WHY.

The "why" for me that was bigger and more important than my previous excuses.

Once I found MY WHY... it was just a matter of honestly being coachable and taking consistent action over an extended period of time.