legitimate work at home internet jobs

Discussion in 'Work at Home Dads' started by GNHEIL, Jun 21, 2007.

1. GNHEIL

GNHEIL New Member

i have read a lot about various work at home internet opportunities. some of them are really ridiculous promising big money for very little work. i am retired and i am looking to make some extra money on the internet. one program i found that looked good was " PROJECT PAYDAY". does anybody have any advice about this program or any other prgram that might be worthwhile.? i am new at this and need all the help i can get. i don't want to waste my time i just want to earn a few bucks here and there. thanks

2. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you don't want to invest money, you can apply for forum posting and freelance writing jobs

3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

GNHEIL,

I think it is great that you want to do something to create some extra income online. I know a few people who are doing the same thing. You have a lot of knowledge to market based on your years of experience.

Take advantage of that and build on online business about something you already know and/or love. The company that I use/used to build my online business is really helpful. They help you determine what would be the best site concept or niche for you and then take you step by step through the whole process.

You don't have to buy additional software and tools. They have everything integrated into their system to make your business a success - as long as you bring the brains. [​IMG] And, of course, the motivation and persistence.

I hope you really will check them out. I'm thrilled with how they have helped me, a complete amateur. It doesn't cost anything to look... [​IMG]

If you check them out and have any questions, let me know. I'll be glad to help if I can.

4. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Hi GNHEIL, (if that is your real name)

I've not heard of project payday, just make sure to do your research. First thing I would do would google the phrase: Project payday, review, scam. You can usually find 10-50 reviews that way. If you've already done that and it sounds good post your review here. If your research makes you think twice about signing up with them then I have an opportunity for you, several actually but I would recomend a free one to get your feet wet and "learn the ropes" if you will before trying anything on the net. If you can earn money doings something that is free why not? If you'd like more info on either being mentored in online work at home businesses or on any other questions you might have email me.

You can visit me at www.opendomain.ws too. Pay no attention to the advertisements if you are interested in the FREE opporunity as it is not on my site yet but will be before monday(8/26/7)..

Eitherway good luck and be careful out there[​IMG]

Talk to you soon,
    Gilbert

5. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Retired folks need to stay away from the scams out there. How proficent are you with a computer, what type experience do you have?

The business I work is a fun business that provides for a good retirement income to enjoy life traveling for pennies on the dollar. Anyone can do it. I am amazed daily as to the new technology to be able to sell on the internet there are so many systems even call centers to close sales for you, you bring them the traffic they close the sale. The list is endless of good solid, legit businesses.

Just stay away from the fast buck type .

Terri

echolocs likes this.
  6. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Absolutely stay away fromt he fast buck type. Anyone promising you overnight success is lying through the teeth. contrary to most sites out there you're looking at a good couple of months and decent amount of time online trying to get things started once started things ease up a bit, but it's still a job. I recommend doing something you can enjoy doing.

If you like talking to people in forums do that and just ad a link to your affiliate site or something, that way you are doing what you like and if someone signs up someone signs up. No pressure.

7. PeterB

PeterB New Member

GNHEIL, certain part-time business opportunities are definetely worth a look, where, with not too much effort, money can be made. Take a one-time half day off for research and I'm sure you'll find something...

Regards, Peter

8. soldierswife68

soldierswife68 New Member

There's no doubt that it can be difficult to find legit, no cost, work at home opportunities. I spent years looking -- until recently. I was introduced to a wonderful business that is genuine and is all about GIVING to the world, not TAKING. So many businesses out there promise big bucks but at the risk of messing up many lives in the process by draining their wallets. And just like Project Payday, many have no problems making up nonsense ways for people to earn money. What ever happened to paying for something that you actually NEED to buy and being able to benefit from just that? It would certainly be well worth your time to check out the company I've mentioned at www.mallofrebates.com. It's 100% FREE and will NEVER ask you for money. I have been extremely happy with their standards and I'm happy to say that I won't be wasting any more time looking for a homebased business that I can earn an income from!

9. mightyosiris

mightyosiris New Member

All this work at home stuff is confusing [​IMG]
    I signed up to this cash crate thing, dont even know if its anygood
    anyone heard of it ??

10. mg86

mg86 New Member

The Project Payday concept does work but it requires as much time as any day job. It is legit though which is rare in this market. Most of the information surrounding their concept can be found free if you do some research. Project payday just has it all organized together which makes it a little easier to learn.

11. superduperworld

superduperworld New Member

There are so many fake or phoney work at home self-help get started programs. I am starting to wonder if there are any legitimate programs out there.

12. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Customer service, transcription and freelance writing are legit work at home jobs with no joining fee

13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Freelance writing sounds appealing.

Click on pcwork's link to find out how, why, and to get into the mix.

Newbie Shield

[​IMG]

14. shuey03

shuey03 New Member

I personally would start with Paid Surveys. I have been doing paid surveys for the last three years and it got me to the point that I could start my own network of websites and an online marketing company. It takes a lot of work filling out surveys each day, but if you set aside the time to devote to it, you can make a good chunk of change!

15. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: shuey03It takes a lot of work filling out surveys each day, but if you set aside the time to devote to it, you can make a good chunk of change!

How much do you earn?

16. brookiel

brookiel New Member

Usually the 'get rich quick programs' take time to make money. Affiliate marketing is one such program - you have to put in the hard yards for months before you start earning some decent money, a lot of people get frustrated and quit before they even make a decent commission.

I think people just think they can make money overnight without doing much for it, which simply isn't the case.

17. JDCruz

JDCruz New Member

At this point, I highly recommend oDesk.

18. pcwork

pcwork New Member

JDCruz: At this point, I highly recommend oDesk.
    How much do you earn per hour from Odesk and what kind of projects do you take up?

19. JDCruz

JDCruz New Member

I got writing jobs that paid $30~$50 per article. The rate is quite high for oDesk. Most of the writing jobs pay really low but good ones come once in a while. The IT related jobs are the ones that get paid top dollar, in my opinion.

20. sashawk

sashawk New Member

I go into detail about my experience with Project Payday (a legitimate work-at-home opportunity that I wasn't able to capitalize on) here:

Project Payday - Page 2

Sasha