Lets Pretend Internet Marketing is SIMPLE

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Matt Zenittini, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

Because it IS.

I can't help but to stop and think everything I have learned about marketing in general over the past few years.. It took some time to learn.

However.. The concept.. Internet marketing is a very simple concept. Someone is looking for a specific product, and you show them where to find it..

Now that is internet marketing at its most basic form but why complicate it?

You don't need a kingdom of 1000 websites or a huge list to make money on the internet.

If you do the consistent actions necessary to make the money, you will. The only difference between the huge kingdoms and you is, they have done it more than you.

What are the consistent actions to make money?

There is tons of complicated logic behind why and how people do things to make the most money of out something. That's great and over time you will learn them. BUT, don't feel like you have to do everything right or perfect to make it work. You can test and optimize later, just take action now.

Step 1:

Find a product that you WANT to promote.

Step 2:

Research and determine your target market for that product. WHO is looking for it, WHO needs it, WHO wants it?

Step 3:

Put the product that you are promoting in front of your target market.

Please don't over complicate what it is you need to do to succeed. Start these 3 steps and optimize and tweak as time goes on.

I'm not saying don't buy training courses and learn, because overall that will help you succeed faster than trial and error.

I'm simply saying internet marketing is simple.. Take action or forever hold your peace [IMG].

Matt
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Matt Zenittini: I'm simply saying internet marketing is simple.. Take action or forever hold your peace .
    haha - so true... and your whole post is very well written. Easy to read. I like.[IMG]
  3. A8ch Gold Member

Matt Zenittini: If you do the consistent actions necessary to make the money, you will. The only difference between the huge kingdoms and you is, they have done it more than you.
    Touch?©, Matt! Your post makes a very important point. The KISS acronym (Keep It Simple Stupid) has never lost its effectiveness.

Some people mistakenly believe that spectacular Internet success requires complex systems and superior knowledge, when - as you so eloquently point out - the opposite is true.

Here's a humorous story that clearly illustrates your point: The Mexican Fisherman

Hermas
  4. wahgo New Member

You have summed up internet marketing in such a simplistic manner that any person reading your post should be able to understand that anyone can succeed at it.

Applying a laser target focus to promoting product(s) in a specific niche is one of the most important pieces of information that tends to go unnoticed by those that can't make it work.

The internet is different than so many other forms of marketing because people's searching techniques and habits can have them scooting and clicking through many different websites before they find what they are looking for. Your offer needs to be the one that they actually land on when they are ready to hit the buy button.
  5. talfighel Silver Member

The BIG difference from the "gurus" and the wannabees is that they "gurus" have been at it for a long time. They are consistent in everything they do especially in the advertising.

They also tend to promote more products that have CONTINUITY commissions and less focus on the ONE time commissions.

That is one thing I just learned in my 3-4 years of doing well online. I am not even referring to network marketing commissions. I am referring to products that are sold through ClickBank and not only pay you a ONE time commission but monthly recurring commissions.

Tal
  6. mountainmom5 Gold Member

talfighel: That is one thing I just learned in my 3-4 years of doing well online. I am not even referring to network marketing commissions. I am referring to products that are sold through ClickBank and not only pay you a ONE time commission but monthly recurring commissions.
    I am working on that..... [IMG]
  7. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

mountainmom5: haha - so true... and your whole post is very well written. Easy to read. I like.
    Thank you !

A8ch: Some people mistakenly believe that spectacular Internet success requires complex systems and superior knowledge, when - as you so eloquently point out - the opposite is true.
    Yeah! I think the reason people get that idea in their head is because of people telling them, "You NEED this, or you will make huge mistakes on your own".

A8ch: Here's a humorous story that clearly illustrates your point: The Mexican Fisherman
    That is a great article! I read it in "The 4 Hour Workweek" by Timothy Ferriss. Though I'm pretty sure he got it elsewhere. I'd have to go back and check :p.

talfighel: I am referring to products that are sold through ClickBank and not only pay you a ONE time commission but monthly recurring commissions.
    They are always nice to get. I have found marketing those types of products generally lasts 3 months per person. Some more some less, and I'm sure it depends on the specific product =].
  8. wrkathomeunited New Member

Matt Zenittini
    Excellent tips for newbies and pros alike... cant wait to read more like it
  9. Matt Zenittini Silver Member

wrkathomeunited: Matt Zenittini
    Excellent tips for newbies and pros alike... cant wait to read more like it

Thank you very much =].

Matt