Link exchanges?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by larslarson123, Jan 20, 2009.

1. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

Anyone have luck with link exchanges? If so, where's a good place to start?
  2. tomegan

tomegan Guest

Hi larslarson123

I have used this method before for trying to generate traffic.

I cant say iv'e had too much luck with them. In my opinion they can make your site look clouded with ads and appear less credible. Also, as a lot of these sites ask their memers to review other members sites, how can you tell what you're getting is targeted traffic that will lead to sales? Hmm. I would use ppc as a better alternative.

Thanks
    Tom
  3. wahl2008

wahl2008 New Member

Hi larslarson123,

I'm still kind of newb at this, but from what I understand, link exchanging is a good way to build backlinks and fortify page reputation.

You don't need to muck up your site with links. Just set up a links page or a link directory. Honestly, you won't get much direct traffic from exchanging links, but you'll need a lot of links to get good page rank which will get you on your way to seeing more organic traffic from the search engines.

The best way to find people who trade links and have a site relevent to yours is to run this google search.

"link exchange" + keyword phrase

example: "link exchange" + work at home

The search results will be an excellent place to start.

Good luck with it!
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Lars,

Link exchanging can be effective, but you want to link to quality sites. You can search for sites that are complimentary to your own niche and then approach the webmaster for a link exchange.

I'm part of a free program that webmasters can sign up to that are looking for link exchanges with other quality sites. The software sends you an email when someone joins who would be a good match for you based on keywords you have provided.

You still have to check the site out yourself to be sure it's the kind of site you'd want to link with, but it saves a lot of the research time.

If you'd like the link to sign up, send me a pm.

In context links are better than a links page. You don't want to flood your site with links out to non-profitable sites, but a good quality text link out to a supportive site gives you credibility and the same goes for getting those types of links back.

Blessings,
    Angie
  5. georgiem

georgiem New Member

I agree with happywife, if you're doing link exchanges it should be from top quality sites, if not, better go for one way links such as forum posting and blog commenting.
  6. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Lars (and Philip),

Angie is right; you want quality links from relevant sites.

I would also add that they should only be sites that you would be comfortable sending your visitors to.

When making most decisions, keep in mind that most of the things on your site should be for your visitors.

Angie seems to have the proper type of link exchange in mind and it's a time-saver.

I trust Angie and I am confident that her exchange is a good one. I'd be careful about joining additional services. Furthermore, I would add partners one at a time but only if you think it would prove to be a valuable resource for your visitors.

You should also hand-pick a site on occasion - one that doesn't necessarily belong to an exchange. I'm sure you already have one or more in mind so that shouldn't be hard.

Google will penalize you if you join sleazy link exchanges. Err to the side of caution. As with anything else, try to avoid the "blast 'em with quantity" mentality. Adhere to the 80/20 rule and always shoot for a very small handful of quality submission sites and exchanges.

Ethics and quality first and above all with everything you ever do.

~Newbie Shield~
  7. proson

proson New Member

link exchange exits for the benefits of SEO and rather just exchange for web site traffic. Nowadays it's harder to get it work but most webmaster are fed up with your requests. But you can still got some exchanges by joining link request network like linkmetro.com...
    hopes that help
  8. larslarson123

larslarson123 New Member

Cool, thank you so much everyone! Collectively, you answered my question exactly.
    Check your pm inbox soon Angie :) I'm interested.

happywife: In context links are better than a links page. You don't want to flood your site with links out to non-profitable sites, but a good quality text link out to a supportive site gives you credibility and the same goes for getting those types of links back.

Newbie Shield: You should also hand-pick a site on occasion - one that doesn't necessarily belong to an exchange. I'm sure you already have one or more in mind so that shouldn't be hard.

Google will penalize you if you join sleazy link exchanges. Err to the side of caution. As with anything else, try to avoid the "blast 'em with quantity" mentality. Adhere to the 80/20 rule and always shoot for a very small handful of quality submission sites and exchanges.

Ethics and quality first and above all with everything you ever do.

I certainly can't find anything sleazy about those words of wisdom :)

As far as contacting webmasters, do you just email them? I guess I had the impression that larger sites would be hard to contact on a personal level, especially asking for some kind of favor.

Is there a limit to how high you should shoot when asking for an exchange? I guess there's nothing to lose right?
  9. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Lars,

You can contact who ever you want. Sometimes the heavy hitters will give an unknown a chance if the unknown has some good posts.

You have to be respectful and offer something worthwhile to get anyone to consider a J.V. - "What's in it for me?" is what they'll be wondering and what you will have to convey when you contact them.

The bigger the player, the heavier the enticement must be.

Expect to get rejected most of the time. Just put yourself in their shoes before you hit the send button in your email account.

There's nothing to fear but fear itself ;)

~Newbie Shield~
  10. fixaprob

fixaprob New Member

Well,link exchange is a easiest and faster way to increase your website ranking and its also help you to get link popularity.

LinksMaster.com is a unique,best and easy way to use link exchange service.

You can use it.it may be help you.
  11. CashcrateTips

CashcrateTips New Member

Honestly, I must say that link exchange websites do not work at all. All it does is provide pointless traffic to your website. Think about what link exchanges do. You exchange websites and view a website for a certain amount of time and then you can move on to the next one. Do you personally ever remember any of the sites or are you there just to get traffic to yours? Just think about what you do when you see the sites. People are doing the same thing to yours.
  12. Dream Builders

Dream Builders New Member

Does anybody use linkmarket.net for link exchange?
  13. jamess

jamess Member

Link Exchange is the factor to rank well in the SERP but it should not be spamming because after panguin it is not recommended..