Link Referral Worth it?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Jstein, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Jstein

Jstein New Member

I was wondering if anyone has came across link referral before and what they thought of it. I have a young site which I am still progressively constructing, a page at a time.

I have also checked it against the tools below
    google speed test: 90/100
    Seo optimizer: 99/100
    and another I can't remember but it ranked 91/100

Was wondering if I should just let my backlinks and keywords do the trick or bother trying something new? It isn't necessary that I receive hits or anything was just trying to see what people's opinions are.

2. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Consider the time could be better spent creating content or posting free ads.
    Any traffic exchange, no matter how good, is not a money maker for most people.
    A lot depends on what your are selling and if the viewer has money to spend.
    That's the rub, most viewers/reviewers are free members trying to get free traffic.
    The way Link Referral upgrades work eliminates the need to view other sites.
    Others have said the quality of sites in their system is pretty spammy.
    IF you are going to use it then free work at home programs "sell" best.
    Time or money? Time is money, spend it wisely. (reading this forum)

3. Jstein

Jstein New Member

Thanks for your response Just2Ez

That is how I felt about it, but wanted other opinions. I am not selling anything so not receiving alot of traffic isn't a big deal. I am doing more of a hobby site, so receiving a person a day will make me happy.

Other than that I still try to make it as visible as I can on search engines. I was on another forum and they post hundreds of the same type site, so then I was kind of drawn away from it. Definitely not worth the time if other sites can easily copy each other. I saw on some sites we have 10,000 users and have paid out $1,000 dollars so far... the traffic to your own site must be worth it, but I wouldn't chance it, would rather put my eggs in other baskets if I was making money.

4. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Well-Known Member

I use to actively do Link referral for an affiliate offer that paid for opt ins. It can work for the right site.

5. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

I am not a fan.

6. Jstein

Jstein New Member

Thanks for your thoughts on it freecashman, I have decided not to bother with it and work on backlinks more than anything else.

Kyle K is t here any reasoning? So that if anyone else came across this post they would know a little more of why some people are not fans?

7. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

The main reason that I am not a fan is that it is static traffic. I got zero conversion from the traffic. It's just a bunch of people doing what you would be doing, browsing for the points or the credits or the listing bump. However, they are not people who are interested in what you are offering.

8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Traffic exchanges never work. People are there to get hits for their sites, not to visit yours and sign up for things. Conversions from traffic exchange traffic will be practically nonexistant.

9. KB24

KB24 Active Member

I do have an accout with this site. You will get traffic to your site but you won't get sales if you are looking to get sales. The traffic is untargeted..

10. gregster

gregster New Member

I am a member of it but have not used it in a while. You can get reviews on what people think of your site although they tend to score high hoping that you will do the same for you. You can generate traffic from it but it is not that valueable

11. newbie2pro

newbie2pro New Member

I used to use it but I believe it was much better than it is today. They have a lot of inactive sites which is a sign that they have lost popularity. What I didn't like was that the reviews are ranked with a mark. Some users mark you down for no reason at all. They write a good review and then mark 7/10. Doesn't go down well when you are trying to make a name for yourself. You could write three good blog posts in the same amount of time as it would take to surf, review, find a favourite and write a forum post.

12. gowriter

gowriter Member

13. jamess

jamess Member

I don't use this, But I agree with payment proof that traffic exchange is only for hits but It would not increase the sign up or conversions .

14. whitney black

whitney black Member

I haven't heard alot about it, I use other free ways to promote my blogs..there are plenty of other ways to get traffic.

15. Bart

Bart New Member

i dont know why i have not signed up earlier to this forum.. You guys are great :)

Well just for me... i am using the referral marketing websites in which i refer people to the websites and get money for doing so.. The main thing is that it is free so the referral does not need to take out his CC :)
    When it was something they needed to pay for.. i think i would get alot less but it seems to be working just fine and paying my months ends :)

Happy monday to all

payment proof likes this.