Link wheel

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by potsyn, Dec 22, 2009.

1. potsyn

potsyn Guest

Have you tried link wheel? What can you say about this strategy?

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Haven't heard of it...

3. Tech Maish

Tech Maish New Member

Will this is a very complected process, and can take allot of time.

4. verdecove

verdecove New Member

I haven't tried it yet due to lack of having enough time. I heard it is very time consuming but also very effective.
    Check out http://forums.digitalpoint.com and search there for Linkwheel and you for sure will find more information.

5. aaramire

aaramire New Member

i've started several link wheel campaigns. You essentially have 5 social media sites pointing to your main site along with a link to the next social media site. You do this until you have a circle with your main site in the middle. it works quite well but not as good as they used to. from what i understand, link wheels leave a footprint, you can eliminate the footpring by leaving the linkwheel open but then it loses some of its effectiveness.

It's a bit time consuming but they are still something to consider with your link building plans.

6. uliran

uliran New Member

I've tried it for one of my niche site but I don't know if it's responsible for my site landed on the 1st page of Google at #2 spot in just 3 weeks time after I published it.

7. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

There are some discussions over at WA ..that point out this may not be such a good idea after all.

Time will tell!
    Victoria

8. mattjosh

mattjosh New Member

Before (about 6 months ago) the link wheel worked wondrous. It helped many people get the coveted #1 spot on Google.

But now Google has become aware of this strategy and now it is not effective anymore and has lost his luster.

I would find another ways to boost your rankings.

9. liber8life

liber8life New Member

my colleagues do that SEO strategy. She found Link Wheel much complicated compared to the other SEO strategy but she added that this helps in ranking a site possible to number one rank.

10. carterstory

carterstory New Member

Search for Jiggle the Web,
    This is essentially a link wheel with a twist,

11. samda

samda Member

For those of you who have not heard about this, here is the pictoral representation.

[​IMG]

12. josaphlewis

josaphlewis Guest

Link wheel is used to produce backlinks to the main page of your site. It is a sure shot way to get better your search engine ranking.

13. winlin

winlin New Member

If you want to learn all about "Link Wheels" Check out Linus Rylanders Blog Site.... He authored and offers a free report that is very well known:

"Google Crushing Link Wheel Report"

http://lemonarian.com/

"To your success" - WinLin

14. luxe

luxe New Member

I can't wait to try this.

15. Justine

Justine New Member

I've seen link wheel technique, which involves 20 web 2.0 properties, of which only 4 link back to the main website.

I haven't tried it yet but I think it must be a great supplement to other SEO techniques

16. loganquinn

loganquinn New Member

We have been using link wheels in a variety of formats for a while now, and have been very impressed with the results.

-Logan

17. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

winlin
    Thanks for that link to Linus, spent all morning reading his blog.
    Nice to see a 16 yr old with such wisdom and clarity.
    Wish I could be as focused as he is!

18. zacharias

zacharias New Member

I usually just put links on blogger and squidoo pages and then social bookmark them.

19. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

carterstory: Search for Jiggle the Web,
    Thanks for the suggestion carterstory.
    http://www.jigglingtheweb.com/ is an excellent article on spider pinging.
    Many use some of the techniques without realizing it, others intentionally.
    Everyone who wants to rank on page 1 in one day should be read that article.
    Quality over quantity is important for staying on page 1 though.

20. sunnyblue

sunnyblue New Member

Link wheel still works good if you don't leave foot print.