Links in Blog

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by dotnettraining, Nov 8, 2013.

1. dotnettraining

dotnettraining New Member

Hello,

Please tell me, how much links should I put for same webpage in a single Blog post? If I use different keyword for same link, is it harmful for SEO or not?

2. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

There's no absolute rule regarding how many links ought to be in a blog post. It will depend on many factors, including the length of the post and your ultimate goal. Use your best judgement. If your post is five paragraphs long two or three links may be sufficient.

No, it's not harmful. I think using different keywords for the same link is a smart strategy and could help your visibility in the search results. As long as the content on the destination page is relevant to the keywords used, you shouldn't have any negative fallout.

Hermas

3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

For SEO purposes, I tend to limit it to just one link below the fold. There is a lot of debate on what the right number of links is though. My best advice is don't over do it.

4. Anders J

Anders J Member

No rules to links but keep them to a few as you do not want to loose your readers to another website.

5. NickHenry

NickHenry New Member

I would use only one link