Liquid Nutritional Supplements Are They Worth The Money?

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by nutrition nut, Mar 6, 2011.

1. nutrition nut

nutrition nut New Member

Many companies care more about profit than people. Even though liquid nutritional supplements are the most bio-available many companies use the least expensive and effective ingredients in the supplements they make. Adding fillers, using packaging with BPA (bisphenol A), making claims specific to their product that really were scientific studies on the independent ingredients, not their formula.

So what do we do when we are looking for liquid nutritional supplements or any supplements? We look at the "amount" we will get and the price we will pay. Trusting that if a calcium supplements says 1000iu that we will actually get that much.

Not the case people. If it is calcium carbonate you will absorb 3% add vitamin d (preferably d3) and it will go up to a whopping 4.3% of calcium absorption. CaCo2 is also dangerous because in the process of breaking it down Lead is formed so the truth is you will get 8% lead and 4.3% calcium absorption. Scary isn't it! But no one has to tell us these things because lead is a by-product NOT an ingredient. I could go on and on and on ...

When it comes to supplementing I say, get the facts, be sure they are liquid nutritional supplements with "active" ingredients in BPA free packaging. Being made with actives instead of juices make ALL the difference.

Say you buy a liquid nutritional supplement with POM juice in it because you read about all the heart health benefits. It is much different than buying a supplement with the active extracts from pomegranate, these extracts are what make pom so powerful and that is what needs to be in every nutritional supplement to make it effective in reversing aging, disease and keeping you well.

I hope this information helps everyone consider what they are actually getting when they spend their money. There are a few that are worth the money but most are not what we are told they are.

[Post edited. Self-promotional link removed - Admin]

2. mbasa

mbasa Member

I am not sure whether you arereferring to things like nutritional meal replacements as well, but I have used a particular brand in the past and I must say that it was worth every cent I had spent. I tried the juices as well but did not notice any difference initially, but i believe it would have worked if i was patient.

3. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Dani, that is the reason i chose Nuriche. It is organic and the nutrient retention during the patented drying process is over 97%. It's AWESOME!

4. kedharnathreddy

kedharnathreddy New Member

Am i not sure whether you arereferring to things like nutritional meal replacements as well, but I have used a particular brand in the past and I must say that it was worth every cent I had spent. I tried the juices as well but did not notice any difference initially, but i believe it would have worked if i was patient.

5. praydr

praydr New Member

One should be extremely cautious when taking supplements in the place of true nutrition. Some supplements have ingredients which aren't listed on the label, and this is legal since they are classified as 'food' and not regulated by any governmental agency.

I watched a newscast this morning which featured two such supplements. The people involved had dire consequences, heart attack, loss of hair, fingernails, etc. If you want to see it, if it's still available, goto WAGAtv website in Atlanta.

The USDA has an exceptional article about the value of real food and how if it's cold processed, it retains it's ORAC value and this should be in the range of 3 - 5 (up to 12,000). They also are negative about using just high ORAC foods, ie Acai Berry, et al, as a way of reaching high ORAC value. The real 'value' is to have a mix of fruits and vegetables to attain your ORAC value.

I got involved in superfoods as it's almost impossible to reach a high ORAC by eating fruits and vegetables, it requires enormous quantities and is time and money consuming.

6. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

praydr: I got involved in superfoods as it's almost impossible to reach a high ORAC by eating fruits and vegetables, it requires enormous quantities and is time and money consuming.
    This is one of the issues that the company i represent addresses from the drying process they use.

7. jigsterss

jigsterss New Member

Not at all. Many health doctors preferred more to prescribe in their patient the natural supplement (tablet/capsule/softgel). In my case, i'm taking MX Omega 3 Fish Oil on what my doctor's prescribed to me. and I'm contented about the good benefits it delivers to me. You can try natural supplements like this one.