List building Question

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by mirab, Sep 27, 2009.

1. KB24

KB24 Member

If you build a list would you rather pitch them products over and over in the future.. or send them to a merchant page where you only have one shot to make a sale? I would build a list..
  2. weblogger

weblogger New Member

send 100 visitors to each of your methods and see which brings you best EPC (earnings per click)

Whichever brings good EPC for 100 visitors is worth scaling up...

Just my two cents.

Thanks
  3. nalced

nalced New Member

mirab: Anyone agree with that or do you think it's better to try and capture an email
    no matter what you are promoting?
    Seriously mirab,

You must be online long enough now to know that you MUST build an email list. There is no getting away from this. It honestly boggles my mind how so many people hear this over and over again before the penny finally drops. Listen to what FreeCashMan said and take heed.

oh and by the way, this has nothing to do with short term gain, it has EVERYTHING to do with creating a future for yourself. The only push button money that exists today is a responsive email list.

You are leaving money on the table, and the longer it takes before you actually get this fact, the more time and money you are flushing down the toilet.
  4. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

This is a great thread and has made me realize that all of these years I have been missing out on a huge advantage when making an opt in list. Like someone stated above, you have that same list for multiple markets and don't have to do all the leg work over again by trying to generate more leads.

Just feed them into another autoresponder for your other programs, or products/service.

I need to get to work on some capture pages, and autoresponders.