Live nation

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by shortylow2008, Jan 7, 2009.

1. shortylow2008

shortylow2008 New Member

Hello,

Has anyone had experience working the Live Nation skill with west. I just signed up for the skill and was wondering how it was.

Thanks
  2. Rosie1

Rosie1 New Member

I think this is a new skill..seems like it would be fun[​IMG] I was just reading about it on their website the other day.
  3. momof3boys

momof3boys New Member

shortylow2008, I was wondering...how many skills do you work? I noticed you mentioned DR earlier..how did you get offered other skills? I don't mind working DR but I would really like to have some other skills to choose from too. I cant seem to get straight answer from W*st. Just that it is based on client need. I noticed that some people got other skills by resigning and some not, I don't want to resign from DR just want other options..any suggestions would be great.
  4. chitwndt

chitwndt New Member

Shorty,

I am new to West and have been working LN for 2 weeks now. It is great, but it's SOOOO hard to get hours! I have to stalk the website. I would love to meet others working on this skill. I was happy to see someone finally say something about it. I haven't had many calls, but you get paid either way - so it's ok. [​IMG]
  5. shortylow2008

shortylow2008 New Member

I work DR. I was just offered the Live Nation Skill today and accepted it. I start training tomorrow. I like DR ok, I just don't like the whole short read thing. I think they should increase the short read percentage to 50% or less or at least put the option to mark that the customer does not want to hear anymore offers on all of the APO's. You should not get a short read if the customer is telling you they don't want to hear anything else, they just want what they called for. It's seems crazy to me that if they say no to one APO that they have more after that.

I've always wondered what we get out of getting people to take the APO"s besides meeting our APO goal. I don't see where it brings anymore $$$$ to you. I also wish they would let you know all the products that have commission on them.

Once I start training on Live Nation. I will let everyone know how it's going.
  6. momof3boys

momof3boys New Member

Yes those are the things I also don't like about DR. I actually got a step 1 PIN in december for short reads..I was at 20.7% for the week..it is very frustrating to get 100% on ALL feedbacks but coachings/PINS for short reads.

The commission products are listed but honestly I"ve been working DR since Aug and have never processed a call for one. How long have you worked DR before you got offered another skill and did you do anything special to get offered another skill?
  7. shortylow2008

shortylow2008 New Member

I have been working for them since Aug 2008 also. No i didn't do anything that I'm aware of to get the additional skill offer. My stats are good and my short read is below 10% right now so that may be it. I was lucky and ended up with 5 APO's within a week. As far as commission I think i earned .50 cent once since I've been working for them. I know I just made at least 3 big sells for them also in the past week, so I'm waiting to see how this works out. They are not listed on the commission list but I can't believe that the ones they show on the news page are all that there are. Will let you know.
  8. shortylow2008

shortylow2008 New Member

I'm just glad to have the offer of another skill. I start the training tonight. I will be good to be able to switch between LN and DR.
  9. chitwndt

chitwndt New Member

You are lucky to have both at least. I only have the 1 skill and am making no $$ because there are too many people and not enough hours. I hope I get offered another skill one day! I was offered DR, Halo, and LN at the beginning and chose LN because it was 24hrs and I didn't want the hassel of DR.
  10. momof3boys

momof3boys New Member

Yes I am not sure how they determine who gets another skill..I see lots of people on here wanting another skill or who have resigned and are waiting months to be offered a new skill and then others who seem to be offered 3 and 4 skills at once. I guess I will just do my best at meeting all my goals and hope I too get offered another skill. I find it hard to make above min wage on DR because I work nights and I see other skills that pay up to $13.50/hr..would be nice to have a skill with a little more money [​IMG]

Good luck to you chitwndt
  11. leejones

leejones New Member

I've been with West since 2006, most recently I worked on DR and EPIQ. After EPIQ got shut down, I really didn't work much at all, because I too hate DR. The pay isn't worth the hassle and I hate upsells. Last week EPIQ got reopened. With EPIQ, I have to literally hold my computer hostage all day to pick up trades. It works you just have to be really fast and constantly refresh spectrum. I love EPIQ and I'm make about $14.76 per hour. For those of you who don't know EPIQ is the converter box coupon request. I am assuming we won't be doing this skill much longer and I haven't been offered a new skill in over a year, so I resigned from DR on yesterday. It was a risk because I wasnt sure if I had to be on DR to stay on EPIQ. Apparently P*ls don't now much about skills and skill conflicts because he told me I had to do both. I resigned anyway and thank God I'm still active on EPIQ. If I finish the week on without trading any hours I should clear over $500. Thats pretty doggon good. I just hope I get offered a new skill before EPIQ is over. Really no one knows the criteria for skill offers. They say based on need but thats not true being they've added new skills like Directv and Lenscrafters and Live Nation within the past year. I haven't been offered any. You would think they would offer to the employees who have more seniority. That seems fair right?
  12. chitwndt

chitwndt New Member

Thanks, "mom". I'll let you know if I figure it out. I'm sure since I'm new it's gonna be a long time. We'll see. I'm just happy to have pocket money for now and a job I can do my homework at since I'm a student and mom of a 2-year-old. [​IMG]
  13. shortylow2008

shortylow2008 New Member

Well, I can deal with DR, I have been able to manage to at least get hours through DR. I hope to make more through LN. I don't know what the rate per talk min is yet. The training so far is fairly simple, I've been taking notes on it. Although I hate the upsell and APO aspect of DR, I'm going to hang in there with it for now. If I see where I make more through LN I will do more of it if possible but keep my 4 hrs per mth with DR to stay active. I need the extra income. I have a full time job so most of my West work is done at night on the week days and weekends.

Well hopefully you will get offered a new skill before the other runs out.
  14. momof3boys

momof3boys New Member

Yes I too can deal with DR I would just like something else to mix it up and to earn a little more.. I only work about 15-20hrs a week because I have to work at night. I'm a stay at home mom and don't have any quiet time until the evening, and the call volume is uusally slower at night on DR, I don't usually have a hard time getting hours..but would like the option of a skill that pays a little more. Guess I'll just keep doing DR until something else comes up..good luck to everyone..
  15. shortylow2008

shortylow2008 New Member

Does LN pay more per min than DR ? If you don't mind me asking. The only thing they have showing now is the training pay. How long did you take to complete the training ? I'm trying to work mine between my DR schedule. I really would like to do as many hours training this weekend to have more hours to wrap up my two weeks for my next check.
  16. chitwndt

chitwndt New Member

I trained in 2-3 hours for LN. It pays $8/hr. Good luck getting hours, though.
  17. chitwndt

chitwndt New Member

Speaking of, does anyone know if they put hours our yet for Friday? I'm thinking I missed it...
  18. tacomama_83

tacomama_83 New Member

I love Live Nation so much better than working DR. But it's like everyone is saying hours and hard to get unless you happen to catch it when it opens up.
  19. LadyPzaz

LadyPzaz New Member

Hi "Mom"! I, too, would love something in addition to DR...although, for the past couple of days, I have been getting alot of different kinds of calls...ones that just need info on a product or service, or a mail reporting line, etc....very easy and fun!

And, just got my first official compliment today so I'll be listed in the Hall of Fame on Monday! [​IMG] I contacted a PAL and then conferenced the caller in and he told her about the great customer service he just received! WOOHOO!!

Anyway, DR is fine - I am getting hours and love picking up extra shifts at the last minute! I usually take very short shifts so I am not overwhelmed and exhausted and do love the ones where you can just put an X in the box and not read anything else when they get frustrated and don't want to hear anymore! LOL

Also, good luck to those getting new skills - way to go!!

Hugs,
  20. tacomama_83

tacomama_83 New Member

Hello Patty Yeah I liked those scripts where you could move on and not read anything else when they get frustrated. But I got in trouble for using it too much. To me the callers was definetly frustrated but not obviously enough for West. Anywho just be careful not to get bad feedback and using that button.