Livng under stress...

Discussion in 'Stress Management' started by Vishal P. Rao, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

2. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Vishal,

The story contains some good points. Stress is a tough cookie. Processing stress is often very challenging because we sometimes don't know how to act in a stressful situation or how to deal with it after the fact.

We all have difficulty striking a balance between appropriately expressing ourselves and refraining from offending someone. On top of that, everyone reacts differently so it's hard to determine what will work or fail in a given situation with different individuals.

Handling workloads and worrying are also difficult to manage.

It would be helpful to come up with some coping methods in dealing with negative emotions and attitudes involving fear, anger, guilt, and stress.

I find that physical exercise, sitting for meditation, not taking the moods or attitudes of others personally, and putting myself in the shoes of others before I speak all go a long way in managing stress and dealing with others.

Learning to do your best and remaining unattached to the results is a valuable personal skill. It's also very liberating.

Thanx for the link to the Stress Management Forum. There are some interesting discussions going on over there.

~Newbie Shield~

3. pcwork

pcwork New Member

If you are able to walk away from everything, there is little stress.

4. lgreen

lgreen New Member

hello all,
    I agree that stress is a lot to do with how you "think" about it too.
    Like was it really as bad as you felt it was, or did you blow it up while mulling it over?

Some of us keep the negative vibes hanging around by talking/worrying and promoting the power of the original incident. You know---like the more energy and focus we give it the longer it persists; that sort of thing.

[Link removed - Admin]

5. cherie27

cherie27 New Member

Stress - it is about how you manage your workload. As long as you know how to manage. It

6. djimelee

djimelee New Member

Thank you and since im new here, I will check it out..Thanks!!

jem

7. annadenise

annadenise Active Member

Newbie Shield: I find that physical exercise, sitting for meditation, not taking the moods or attitudes of others personally, and putting myself in the shoes of others before I speak all go a long way in managing stress and dealing with others.

I agree with the above completely! Sometimes I have to concentrate on not letting other's affect me negatively, but I am always working on improving in this area. I tend to naturally have empathy for other's, so that one is easier for me.

There is some stress that is a little more difficult to process quickly, ex., a close friend of mine died very recently and that was not something I could instantly "cure".

Regardless of the type of stress I experience, physical exercise, especially my daily 3.54 mile walks with my dog, Bear, help me to keep a level head and always improve my mood!

8. MargaretJones

MargaretJones New Member

What a great story! It definitely has a lesson we all need to pay attention to. [​IMG]