LOL!!! NO giving up out there, I have made money......

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by oregoncountry, Apr 7, 2009.

1. oregoncountry Member

with my blog!! I shouldn't laugh because I really was excited! I believe there is a God and He loves me! I have earned 58 cents as of today and I set my blog up the 2nd of this month. I know I know, it's pennies, but for someone like me that is starting from (what's lower than scratch? That's where Im starting from, LOL!)

Anyway, don't give up on your dreams and hopes. I have found things on the web, all free, that have allowed me to get started. Im almost glad I didn't have a bundle of money to start. I wouldn't have learned so much so fast. The hardest part is finding out what truly works, and makes me "feel good and proud" to be part of it.

Yesterday was a difficult day. My ISP was not "providing" and I ended up literally turning my pc off and going somewhere, anywhere to just clear my head. I have been blessed with high-speed internet most of the time but then, there are days like yesterday. Im very "rural" so I have only 2 choices for service out here. One I can't afford, yet[IMG] But what I did manage to do before I gave up fighting the download times, was look at a friends website. It was just great and to the point(niche). I also respect him and all he is doing to succeed. So I looked down at the bottom of the page to see how he built his website and found a name of a company[IMG] I went straight there and found so many awesome things I could use and also, afford. So now, denise has a real, live website "Under construction". I feel my blog has not been in vain since I have learned so very much by building it. Mostly, I am learning from my mistakes[IMG] Mistakes I hopefully won't make with my website. More later...........[IMG]
  2. getagrip Gold Member

Congrats - who cares if it is only 58 cents - a lot of people give up before they ever earn a dime so keep up the good work! [IMG]
  3. gridellas New Member

Yes, that is right! It doens't matter how much your first sale is. The only thing that matters is YOU DID IT! [IMG] You know you are doing something that really works and now all you have to do is wash, rinse and repeat,etc.

Congrats to you![IMG]
  4. oregoncountry Member

getagrip: Congrats - who cares if it is only 58 cents -
    thank you much[IMG] Atleast I can tell people I've made money online, LOL[IMG] ttyl, denise[IMG]
  5. oregoncountry Member

thank you too Grid[IMG] I am really wondering where the days are going because I haven't worked this hard in a long time. Feels good though and I do believe it will work out great as I learn more and more!

ttyl, [IMG]
  6. cherie27 New Member

Congrats, you did it.

When you receive your first paycheck, you will be evenly more excited.

Continue to work hard.
  7. A8ch Gold Member

oregoncountry: I know I know, it's pennies, but...
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. Likewise,
    the road to Internet success is paved with lots of pennies. I'd say you
    are on your way! [IMG]

Hermas
  8. Julsy New Member

Congratulations! You are doing better than me with mine, LOL!!! Be proud of your $.58! It is just a beginning and hey, you gotta start somewhere!!!
  9. oregoncountry Member

Hi Cherie! Thank you so much[IMG] I do love working this hard, and doing it for me for once. You know what Im saying. Use to work like this for other people and this just feels so different.
    [IMG]

Have a great day!!
  10. oregoncountry Member

A8ch: The journey of a thousand
    and that's the truth[IMG] I need to do a search on here and see if anyone has talked about copyright issues? I was on a temp job in Alabama, right when Katrina hit? Hard to forget that time. Anyway, it was in NW Alabama so we didn't get but a breeze from Big Kat. The job I was doing was so boring I asked if I could bring in something to do and they said sure. So I brought in a dozen or so magazines, old ones people left at the church for anyone who wanted them. I cut out pretty pics, a whole file-folder full! LOL!! I wanted to use one on my new website for background but I know there could be issues with doing that.

ttyl Hermas!!![IMG]
  11. oregoncountry Member

Julsy: Congratulations!
    Mornin Julsy! Did you see me link to the 7 Steps to a good blog, something like that[IMG] I found it by googling and it was actually "through" a forum on 5-Star Affiliate Program. But it's just a blog and it's free. The guy is doing a whole series on his blog and I am gonna check back and see what all he is writing. Anyway, someone at 5 Star said you can use the very, same principles to do a successful website. Those steps are what I did to find my niche. It was easy when I followed the steps, LOL!! I hate to follow instructions, I'd rather make it hard on myself, LOLLLLLLLL, NOT!!!

By the way, I did my blog wrong in sooooooo many ways, LOL! Found the 7 steps "after" the fact[IMG] Not too late for my website though[IMG]

See you soon, denise[IMG]
  12. robinincarolina Silver Member

Hi Denise,

I have seen many of your post and I think you are new like me??? Anyway congradulations!!!! I made my first $3.00, not a lot but the fact that I did it is encouraging. I was so overwhelmed that I decided to sit down for a couple of hours and work on just one thing that I did understand. 24 hours later I had $3.00.

My first attempt at anything like a web page was a disaster. I was on twitter because of the a reccomendation by the 30 day challenge which has taught me a lot. Before I knew it, someone was following me and advertising all over my page. lol. Anyway good luck!!!
  13. bhurst New Member

Congrats! Your on your way and I hope to follow. Being new to this it's always good to hear a success story no matter how small.
  14. Julsy New Member

Hey, Hey, Hey! I made $.08 with my squidoo, So Denise your still doing better than me! [IMG]
  15. kesharn2 New Member

You guys are fantastic! Congrats on your earnings! It's the first steps to getting to your goals! Congrats again!
  16. mountainmom5 Gold Member

This has been a really great thread to read thru... so upbeat and positive. Thanks guys! And I am doing a happy dance for you Denise!!!!!!!!![IMG]
  17. johnjimat New Member

congratulation oregoncountry , keep it up [IMG]
  18. Singapoor New Member

oregoncountry: My ISP was not "providing"
    I love that... well, not that it happened, but the way you put it made me giggle. Congrats Denise, and Hermas is right..... so just look at it as the beginning of some more steps and more and more earnings.
  19. coolgoose New Member

Hey, hey everyone!!!

I enjoyed reading all of the responses to a couple individuals' earnings!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE EARNERS!!

yes! lol [IMG]

Keep up the good work...it takes time...GREAT!!

CoolGoose~
  20. timhale New Member

Congrats on your first $0.58! Hopefully if you keep the great attitude you have it will turn into much much more!

One of the problems with a lot of people is they expect BIG money, with LITTLE effort, very QUICKLY! Since when did this work? Since when is this what we're "owed"??

I think your attitude is refreshing b/c you've chosen to see the positives in your progress and aren't playing the victim b/c you're earning weren't $58,000 in the first day!

Keep at it!

~Tim