Looking at coastal

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by decker2006, Jan 6, 2007.

1. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

I have resaearched many home based businesses and coastal seems the way to go. My concern about signing up with a good group. I was supposed to get a call from my future director and her mentor, but they never called. This is not good. If anyone is just starting out or has had success, I would love to hear about it. From what I have read, finding a successful group is critical.
  2. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi decker2006, I can't believe someone here hasn't answered your post yet!

Signing up with a good group is very important. You should pick a few that interest you and ask a ton of questions! There are many great directors out there. Just about every successful director thinks that they have (or are in) the best group. Just remember this when talking to them [​IMG] You have to go with what feels the best to you.

Sorry that I'm not more help! If you have any questions, just ask!

Lora
  3. success30

success30 New Member

I have been researching this also and I posted this on another board. I DO see the Potential in the online travel business. But why does coastal require you to pass up your first 2 sales to your sponser? At a minimum, you are investing $1400.00. I have not seen an explaination for that. What would be the benefit of investing, working hard and giving up 2 sales?
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Hi folks,
    I am a level 2 director with Coastal Vacations and the original call center. There are several now but we were the first one and, by far, the most successful. I don't say that to brag but to let you know that our numbers don't lie. My director makes $30,000 to $40,000 a month and many others are making VERY good livings through the call center.

Decker,
    I am truley sorry about whoever you didn't receive the call from. If you email me your number I will be glad to call you and answer any questions you have whether you sign up with me or not. My email address is [email protected] . I LOVE to talk to people who are interested enough to call me first because I know they are serious about finding out about Coastal so I don't understand why this person hasn't called you back.

Success30,
    The "2 up" system is the magic bullet of the Coastal Vacations Comp. Plan. It allows you to leverage your time because after you make your 2 pass up sales you get ALL commissions from ALL of your sales. No MLM, No more Passup sales. You are free and clear of your director and are a director yourself and then you will get those 2 pass ups which you don't even have to advertise for and they those 2 will owe you 2 and those 4 will owe 2 and so on and so on. It allows those who work hard to train their new members to be rewarded for it and it is good for ALL members because we all want to be qualified and make those 2 up sales also. Is it hard to pass up those sales? At first but when you see what you're going to get after the second sale you are so excited that it doesn't hurt a bit. One good thing about the call center is that, if you join at level 2, you get to keep ALL of your level one sales IMMEDIATELY and you don't have to pass up any of them to your director. All you have to do is pass up your first 2 level 2 sales. So, if you join at level 2 and your first 10 sales are level 1 sales then you just made $10,000 plus you get their 2 pass up sales which would be another $20,000 if they all worked their business. That's a possible $30,000 for 10 sales and you didn't pass any up to your director. When you make those first 2 level 2 sales, they come up to the level 2 director that signed you up. What this does is helps the new member get into profit so he or she can put some of that money back into the business or use it how ever they want. If you have any questions about the call center or Coastal just email me at [email protected] . I can show you a way that can save you $1,000 if you are interested so email before Jan. 15 if you might be interested.
  5. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Quoting: success30But why does coastal require you to pass up your first 2 sales to your sponser? At a minimum, you are investing $1400.00. I have not seen an explaination for that. What would be the benefit of investing, working hard and giving up 2 sales?

Hi success30, I can answer that for you!

The purpose of the two training sales is to compensate the director for putting a lot of thier time, effort, and money into your business. A good director will be just as commited to your business as you are. Also, it is up to the director to make sure that new associates know how to properly represent the travel packages.

Once you are a released director you will then be able to keep 100% of the profit and train others to do the same.

I hope this helps answer you question!

Lora
  6. suresuccess

suresuccess New Member

Hi!
    I am new to this forum, but I have been reading alot of the questions and answers posted about Coastal since I too am researching and concerned about choosing the right group and director. I wonder...Harold, would you be willing to divulge who your director is? And I do have a question...Could I sign up with a call center and still learn the skills to one day be able to do the selling myself? And if I sign up with one director but then move to another (as someone I read about did) does one have to requalify? I mean how would it benefit the new director if my first 2 sales already went to my old director?
  7. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Suresuccess,
    My director is Jeff Mills. He's made close to $1,000,000 over the last 3 years. He just went on a trip to Hawaii for a week right after the Holidays and the call center made him $25,000 while he was gone! His training is what showed me how to be successful with Google ads. I applied what I learned from Jeff and I generated $4,000 in 3 days. It really was like turning on a switch.

The good thing about signing up with the call center first is that you have the option to sell with or without the call center. After you are qualified, if you want to sell packages yourself, without the call center, then you most certainly can. I plan on selling to Car Dealers and local businesses here in NC and I will be doing that myself without the Call center. You will be responsible for ordering the actual Coastal package yourself so there definately is more to do than when a sale is made for youi through the call center but the main thing to realize is that if you join with the call center first, you will have the ability to sell both ways and if you join with another group and eventually decide that you want the benefits of the call center then you will have to pay the call center setup fee and the commission of the person who attracted you to the call center. That does happen every week. I have signed up 2 members who were already in Coastal but wanted the call center but I would suggest that, if you are seriously considering the call center, join us first and save yourself some money. I personally think it is better to be able to offer the call center to people who might want it or not then to not be able to offer it at all. You can sell both ways even if you are a member of the call center.

As far as moving to another director, I know if you are a current, qualified member of Coastal and you want to join the call center team which would be moving to another director, you do NOT have to requalify. This comes from the owner of the call center so I trust him. The reason I say that is because I had been told earlier that anyone coming in, current member or not, had to requalify and the director might actually have discretion on that decision but, I know that I will make MANY MORE sales to current members if I don't require them to requalify and that is fine with me. NOW, if you are not qualified then, yes, you would have to qualify to get director status. Technically, if you are qualified, you are not tied to anyone. If you found a director that you liked and you wanted him or her to teach you their marketing strategies then you could just pay them to do that and not join their business again. It's kinda up to you and that particular director. If it is a team system like ours with a website and callcenter or something like that then you will have to go through the sign up process and pay the commission to the person who brought you to the Call center. The way it benefits your knew director if you don't have to requalify is that you will be more apt to join his team and pay him a commission even though you won't owe him any pass up sales. One $1,000 check is better than NO $1,000 check. lol
  8. travelingcoastal

travelingcoastal New Member

I have a question about the vacation package ........how does it work. Does it include a list of which hotels are cheaper for me in what city since I'm with Coastal or how does it work so that I will have all the discounts?
    Thanks
  9. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

TravelingCoastal,
    there are several different choices you have. You can use the discount cards that will take you to a website and you will search for condos or Hotels in a certain area like South Carolina-Myrtle Beach area or South Eastern Coast line and you put in dates and it brings up what is available. The prices are generally $300 or $700 cheaper than typical rates. For instance you can stay at a condo at the beach that would usually cost you $1,200 a week for $375 a week.

If you use the vouchers you simply select a city that you want to go to like Gatlinburg or Orlando and mail off for the brochure. When it comes back it will have detailed instructions on how to book your stay. You will pick out 2 or 3 dates that you might want to go and they will find a 3 to 5 star hotel or condo that has an opening during one of those dates that you selected. Some brochures have a number that you call and deal with an agent and you can upgrade or extend you stay or whatever you want to do. The whole principal is that we are filling in the empty rooms and so that's why they search and find one for you. Do you get to pick out the Hotel or Condo? No, but they are guranteed to be 3 to 5 star so you know they will be nice and if they aren't just complain. The cruises are the same but you have to pay port fees and taxes.
  10. travelingcoastal

travelingcoastal New Member

How soon, would I be able to use one of these vaction offers which will come with the package? Do I first have to qualify or as soon I sign up with Coastal I will be able to use the package?

And am I right, with C.W.B. I have to sell myself, correct? I would not have a call center answering my phone calls?

Thanks for help.
  11. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Quoting: travelingcoastalHow soon, would I be able to use one of these vaction offers which will come with the package?

You can use the package as soon as it comes in the mail, there are a few vacation vouchers in there that are already activated [​IMG]

You do have to activate the membership cards before you can use them, that usually takes a few weeks because they have to emboss them with your member number and name...

Quoting: travelingcoastalAnd am I right, with C.W.B. I have to sell myself, correct? I would not have a call center answering my phone calls?

That is correct, the Wealthbuilders do not use a call center.

Happy Traveling!

Lora
  12. tomcha

tomcha New Member

Finding the right director is of great importance. It's comparable to getting the right supervisor or foreman on a construction site.

They can make your job a lot easier by showing you the shortcuts, potential difficulties and their solutions.

Having the 'right' group is another matter. There are some direct benefits that come your way, such as a marketing site, autoresponder, Call Center (I love mine), etc....

But I think one of the biggest benefit that most people overlook is the benefit of branding.

Think about it. When you do your due diligence and find out about Coastal, you'll come across a few groups numerous times. Then if you are caught between two or three of those, the director from one of those groups who approaches you will have higher chance of having you join him/her than a director who is on their own.

It's the power of brand. Why do so many basketball players buy Nike? Are they that much better? No. It's branding. People see it more often and they feel more comfortable with them.

Also, if you go to many of the shopping websites, you will often see UPS or FedEx logo. The sites are advertising that they ship via these companies.

But in reality, that's not what's happening.

Think about it. Companies like these spend millions of dollars a year in branding. So it is smart for the website shopping companies to put their logos on the site. It unconsciously makes people think that the site must be of high quality because they are 'associated' with these national companies.

It might not sound too logical, but that's the way it works. People don't buy necessarily out of logic.

So when you are choosing the right group to join, you have to consider the benefits that you'll get out of it (i.e., Call Center, etc...) and also consider the image that group will bring you (classy, slick, modern, dynamic, etc...). What keywords do they encompass and what keywords would you like to be associated with in your prospects' eyes?

The last part that you'll have to consider is the selling feature of the group itself. From what I hear, the Synergy group has great support structure. If this is your top priority, then you can use this as your selling point as well to your prospects.

For me, it was the 'fear' of speaking to people and trying to sell something. Did you know that public speaking is more feared than death itself?

And for me, selling is just as bad as public speaking.

Anyways, I found great comfort in the Call Center's advantages and that's what I mention to my prospects. I believe my message comes through better because I truly believe it. Of course, my Call Center site has great support and training built in as well.

But everyone is different and in the end, you have to do your due diligence and decide what you need as a business owner and what image you want to be associate with.
  13. jlDunn

jlDunn New Member

Decker

I would agree that finding the right group is cruicial. I'm sorry about your director not following up....as one of my leaders says "Fortune is in the Follow up".

I would agree with Tom that you have to look at the different groups and see what suits you. Find something that you believe in, (the support, the training, a director, webpage, marketing, etc)....something that catches your eye and I believe that you will find the one that works for you.

Be sure that you like your director, and he/she will work for you though cuz no matter what group you join, your director will play a big part.

My group's thing is "All of us need each of us, and each of us needs all of us." We all want you to succeed because it will help all of us to succeed.

Lindsay
  14. susaneng

susaneng New Member

Hi,
    I signed up under Harold as a level two director, and I have had tons of help and support. Harold's director has even let me join his training group. You can't fail with this group unless you don't do anything. I just got my first qualifying sale with the endless help from Harold.
    Thanks Harold!
  15. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Have you found a director yet to help you? Anyone from this board would be great. I signed up with Harold and he has been awesome to work with.

Just let us know if you have any further questions!

Dawn [​IMG]
  16. roger

roger New Member

Hi Decker,
    As noted above, it's important to work with the right person.
    I would encourage you to choose someone who has experience in the business. Having said that, it's safe to say we are all good here in this forum. I am also on Harold's team and I've been with Coastal well before being a part of the Call Center which, in my opinion, is the best way to leverage your time.

Ask lots of questions and think about the marketing strategies you would like to employ.

Good luck!
    Roger
  17. roger

roger New Member

Susan,
    Congratulations!

[​IMG]

Roger
  18. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: decker2006 I was supposed to get a call from my future director and her mentor, but they never called.

I'm surprised to hear that. Be proactive. Every member of my team called me! I'm not one of those directors who chases people down. I specifically look for people who are Coachable, Trainable and Dependable. People who are big thinkers who are Self Starters.

You can't be totally successful with Coastal sitting on your sofa watching soap operas.

Jay NaPier
  19. tomcha

tomcha New Member

Someone who calls to inquire about a business is most likely more serious about the business. There is little doubt in my mind about that.

However, I've known an enormous number of people who have shown the initial interest and initiative and yet failed or given up in whatever it was that they were attempting.

Therefore, I don't think this alone would be a good way to separate those who will succeed and those who will fail. If you take someone who didn't ask for the information and gave precise information that they needed, then they might do just as well.

Of course, all things being equal, I'd rather have the person who calls on their own on my team.

That being said, it could be that some people know what they want and some don't. Personally, I think the best way to determine who will succeed in this and any other business is someone who has these qualities:

-knows exactly what they want to achieve (not always monetary)
    -Has a good reason for their goals (just saying "I want to make $20,000 a month" isn't good enough)
    -someone who can learn from mistakes (theirs as well as others. I believe in learning from a system to minimize errors and following in the footsteps of success, but I also know that some people just need to learn things on their own. It doesn't mean that they are any less intelligent or stubborn. They just have a different learning style.)
    -has a need to contribute.

The last point is very personal one and I don't expect many to agree. Some might just say that the strong desire to make money is all that they need to look for, but I disagree.

For me, everyone has a need to give or contribute. This is 'evident' (for me) when you look at the mega successful. They almost always want to give back something. But I think giving back starts much earlier than that.

If you have a need to contribute, financially or your time or in the form of helping others in various areas, your chances of succeeding is greater because that itself is a greater need for wanting to succeed and is not just rooted in greed for financial reward.

I don't know if I am making sense to everyone here, but that's just my thoughts.

Thomas
  20. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: hsimpsonjrMy director makes $30,000 to $40,000 a month a
    Hey Harold who is your Director?

It's not out of the realm of possibility to generate that kind of income depending on whether you are a Level one, two or three.
    Plus the fact that you receive money from the 2up sales as well.

Harold with you working another full time job when do you get the chance to train your directors?

Terri