Looking back at 2011?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by happygal, Dec 20, 2011.

1. happygal Member

Thought that as we approach the end of the year it would be a good time to reflect back on what we have learned. What was your greatest learning about online earning/working at home this year?
  2. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

1) Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify.

2) Don't restrict your income to online world. Explore other avenues for investing - real estate, stocks, etc.
  3. Just2EZ Gold Member

That people want a real person to relate to.
    After 15+ years affiliate marketing behind the scenes,
    one year of being "a real person" made a big difference.
    Not only in business but also personal connections to old friends.
    Facebook and Twitter have to be the 2 biggest changes for me in 2011.
    No more hiding behind the scenes and being anonymous, even if I want to be.
  4. Ian Wilson New Member

My biggest lesson of the year was it doesn't happen over night and never start out by trying to sell right away always try to be helpful and offer good quality advise to help solve peoples problems and try to connect with any potential customer.
  5. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

Just2EZ: After 15+ years affiliate marketing behind the scenes,
    one year of being "a real person" made a big difference.
    Seriously, even I'm tired of being behind the scenes all the time. No matter what, technology can never replace real word interaction. Human beings are not made to be this way.
  6. talfighel Silver Member

I agree....

Don't put all your eggs in one basket and also focus more and more on building a long term network marketing team so that you can earn money from the duplication of other people.
  7. RICH4NURICHE New Member

As far as online learning, i'd have to put that a simple, efficient and of course, effective system in place works! Even a "caveman" can do it!
  8. A8ch Gold Member

I've learned that it doesn't matter how much online marketing experience you bring with you to a process you've gone through many times before, there is always something new to discover that can help you do it quicker, cheaper and more efficiently.

I've also learned that it's important to put a timeline and completion date on your projects, and then do whatever it takes to stay on schedule. Otherwise, if you think you have all the time in the world to finish your project, it will take you all the time in the world to finish your project.

Time is truly our most valuable commodity and the more effectively we use it, the more productive and accomplished we become.

Hermas
  9. PeterFrosen New Member

Mine would be sticking to One thing at a time in terms of Online ventures and not diversify so quickly.
    [IMG]
  10. apeku New Member

Yes like others mentioned it is always good to provide value to your audience before seeking to making money off them.

Setting daily goals and writing them on paper has been my major lift for the past year. It allows one to be focused at the task ahead. Happy and prosperous 2012 to all
  11. samda Member

Here are two key things I learnt in 2011.

1) Never reply only on Adsense (I was burned out this year!). As a matter of fact just don't rely on one form of income.
    2) World is too big! Internet marketing is like an ocean. No matter how hard we dig, we still have many gold mines to unearth.
  12. dupped New Member

I am new to this forum and am trying to find my way through all the great information I am finding. I found this site while researching a scam I got involved with earlier this year and am working hard to get a Full refund. I am looking forward to learning lots more as I read through so many great posts.

One thing I learned is to research a company or a work at home business opportunity before I sign up. I was so ready to get our family out of debt I got sucked into the mind games of a high pressure sales person. A lesson well learned.

Looking forward to a better year in 2012.
  13. Jen80 New Member

Save, save and save! Invest on things that you can make your fall back in case your online gig goes down the drain.
  14. talfighel Silver Member

Fredrikl: I learned a lot about working at home, however I didnt make any money, hopefully it will come in time
    You just got to find out what works FOR YOU and then just do more of it.

If you try something and it doesn't work, try something else.

Find a mentor.