Looking for a support buddy!

Discussion in 'Work at Home Moms' started by lauren227nicole, Jul 1, 2009.

1. lauren227nicole

lauren227nicole New Member

Hi everyone!

I am new to online marketing and am looking for someone in a similar situation as I to bounces ideas off of and get feedback. I realized that the forums can be overwhelming with all the information, and I feel like a little minnow in the Pacific. And the sharks are right behind me.

I know this may sound odd, and the forums are wonderful to gain more knowledge, but I feel that at times I need more one on one time? Maybe something more personal, like a friendship? But nothing crazy you read in the news! [​IMG] I just want to talk to someone and exchange feedback, and not the general kind you get in the forums.

I am looking for another mother in a similar situation as myself. I'm stuck in a foreign country, I have bills to pay, a baby to chase(my first one!), my husband is in school all day and studies all night. We are so broke right now, I don't know how we are going to get flights back to the US in 2 months. I guess we could, but none of us could eat! [​IMG]

I saw people could earn a living doing this, and I thought this is the only way I can do it. I can not work in the condition I am in now(long story), and I have loans due soon, and so does the hubby. I am freaked out and am praying that the baby stays healthy, and thank God, he has been thus far. I did not finish my degree(another story), and know nothing about marketing.

I believe that people have made money doing the affiliate marketing, and I hope I can too! I just want to make enough so dont have to worry about grocery bills, gas for the car, and MAYBE, just maybe be able to buy some healthcare? Like I said, I am lucky the baby is fine, but I need a surgery, or I ish not being able to have more children(I am full of stories at this point!).

I'm optimistic, and hardworking, my goal is to make ONE sale this week, but no luck yet!

So like I said, if you are someone who needs a support buddy, let me know! I'd really appreciate it, and look forward to growing out businesses together! Thanks!

-Lauren

2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Lauren! You are a great writer.[​IMG]

We are all here to be your friends and I don't mind bouncing ideas back and forth, but I prefer to do it via the forum as that way it helps umpteen others that are browsing around...[​IMG]

3. BobFirestone

BobFirestone New Member

Hi Lauren,

Having a partner to hold you accountable is a wonderful idea and it is something I think everyone should have. Or take it a step further and make a mastermind group. A MMG is a small group usually 3 to 8 people that meet once or twice a week to bounce ideas off of each other and work together to come up with solutions to specific problems that a member of the group is having.
    I had an accountability partner a few years ago. We had a daily phone session to discuss yesterdays results and todays objectives. It is very effective but the other person needs to be equally committed to success. One suggestion find a partner who has different strengths than you. If you find your self you are not going to find answers.

Plus ... I agree with mountainmom you are a very good writer. Play to your strengths.

4. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi lauren227nicole,

Consider yourself befriended. However, I offer my time to all forum members at once and in public rather than giving one on one support.

M5 is right, it's best to post most things in public so that everyone can benefit from the conversation that ensues.

You'll get a lot more feedback from different angles that way as well.

I think you'll find what you're looking for just by posting right on the forum and you'll enjoy the relationships that you develop here.

If you'd like to get a nice overview of online marketing fundamentals plus a little hands-on experience, you can sign up for the annual free 30 Day Challenge. I think it starts next month. You can check out our own folder on the topic here:

Thirty Day Challenge

Otherwise, read from make money online blogs and continue to interact with this forum.

~Newbie Shield~

5. Carl_B

Carl_B Guest

Hi lauren227nicole,

Your story describes that you r in a need of work drastically and a good writer too. I will be happy to have you as a friend. As forum is the best platform to express your problems, views etc. Sure we can exchange ideas by discussing it via the forum as you can have a bunch of suggestions on your ask becoz many people are reading your thread. As far as the responsibilities are concern that has to be done in a prompt manner; you should try out some websites which provides work at home or as you already says that internet marketing and affiliation is the good option for it.

Good Luck...

6. divagrlinpink

divagrlinpink New Member

Hi Lauren. I'm not in a foreign country, but I can certainly understand what you're going through. I'd be more than happy to try and answer any questions you have about network marketing. It can be trying in the beginning when you're on your on and have no idea where to start.

Tammy

7. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Keep hanging out here, you will make friends. I have made so many friends on the internet and that has enriched my life more than I can say. I post on another forum related to my niche and there are now 8 of us meeting for the first time in Atlantic City in October. Wow is all I can say. Never thought internet marketing would change my life so dramatically.

8. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

P.S.

I could not have afforded to go to Atlantic City a few months ago, I could barely buy groceried, so I so know what that feels like.

9. kfoster

kfoster New Member

i just started this forum stuff myself and im not exactly sure what i can post and what i cant.