Looking for advice...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by bnature181, Oct 19, 2010.

1. bnature181 New Member

Hey guys, I'm new to this site, like what I see.
    I've been in E-commerce before and I'm trying to get back into it but, solo this time I've never started this sort of thing before and I'm a little reluctant when I see "opps" I'm looking for an honest job that allows me to travel to and from my family's horse rescue ranch, and return to my own life while keeping a good work schedule regardless of where I am.

I don't want to be told that I will be making $100,000 this month by working 5 minutes a day,

I'm talking about free trade and business here not fantasyland
    If any one could tell me how they make decent money putting in an honest day's work online, I would be quite appreciative.

Thanks,
    Jess.
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

bnature181: I don't want to be told that I will be making $100,000 this month by working 5 minutes a day,
    That's good Jess , you are in the right place then - and welcome by the way. [IMG]

This forum is for people that are wanting to learn about seo and internet marketing - not for those that are looking for a quick buck. (there IS not a 'quick buck' unless you sell something on Ebay!)

I bought some toys last weekend at a yard sale and made over $500 with them on Ebay, but that doesn't happen every week for me. [IMG]

Feel free to ask very specific questions as it is much easier to get you a good answer that way.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

bnature181: If any one could tell me how they make decent money putting in an honest day's work online, I would be quite appreciative.
    Missed that one - I do affiliate marketing mostly, and sell stuff on Ebay, lol

There are various ways we do this. I started with the SBI system and then use other sites along with that but they helped me understand how to set up a site that gets free traffic thru the search engines, and all that good stuff.[IMG]
  4. bnature181 New Member

mountainmom5

What would you say about drop-shipping?
  5. mountainmom5 Gold Member

bnature181: What would you say about drop-shipping?
    Well that depends. I do it with a local furniture company and have had great success with it.

I tried it with dropshippers on Ebay and never had success - I signed up (and yeah, it cost money) with a big dropshipping outfit but whenever I went on Ebay to list something, someone else was selling it so cheap that I couldn't compete and make money!

But like on my survival site ( emergency-survival-skills.com) I have links to affiliate companies and that is similar to drop shipping - someone clicks thru and buys and you get paid a commission.

I decided to give a whirl again recently as I wanted to test something so I put some halloween costumes on Ebay to sell thru a dropshipping company and I did sell one - making about $5, but for the time it took me to list it, and then go in and order it and have it sent to them , I think it is much easier to spend that time marketing stuff online where people can go buy their own stuff. [IMG]

People do it as I saw a bunch of the same costumes on Ebay for less than mine sold for - but I have yet to find out if these folks are just content with making pennies ar if I have missed something huge. lol
  6. koolmom New Member

I am coaching social media for a large real estate firm, maintaining the company blog, building mini-websites for agents and producing company videos. I put in 30 hours a week there.

I also work for some other companies providing web development and social media services...and I donate my time to a non-profit.

I love what I do, am never bored, and I am stretching my 57 year old brain in ways I never thought possible.

I hope this is helpful...no magic here...just hard work!

Lynn
  7. Ron S New Member

Doing business online or to make money online is not as easy as blown up by many internet marketers. Learning is essential if you are serious about your online business. To success in your online business : To Learn, before you start doing business online. Explore the online business opportunity, beware of online scams, have a good start.
  8. annalaurab New Member

Pick one main thing and focus on it, avoid trying to do multiple streams of online income in the beginning.
    Pick something you are passionate about
    Build your email list from day one.